Why hasnt my drone shipped yet ?
2292 21 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0cde4908
New

United States

I am a very frustrated customer right now. Firstly, ive only ordered a few things from DJI ever. I understand that they are a good company and very reputsble but I dont understand why I dont have my MAVIC yet. I ordered in MId OCTOBER and nows its mid Novemeber, and all I know is that they are having issues with shipping. I dont understand why there are issues with shipping. I run my own videography company, and its a shame I have had to cancel shoots since October sue to this thing not shipping and not being here. If you did not have a stock then why would you charge me those 1000's of dollars at the point of sale, why not contact me and tell me that your having these problem so I can deicde if id like to spend my money elsewhere.
I do not appreciate having no real way to contact you besides online chat/ I do not want to spea to someone over the Internet. I just want this transaction to be over, as I will NEVER shop with DJI again.

Although I have my own equipment , this drone is supposed to be helping me take my production to the next level. SO far though, im 1000's of dollars in debt and have had three ptoential clients cancel on me due to me not being to produce the equipment that they are looking for. This is unacceptable since I am WAITING ON YOU to ship my *Edited for vulgar language - User has been warned equipment.
I will literally never do business with you again. I know that in a world of corporate giants, that that is probably not even an insult, but I went from eide eyed and impressionable on your services and current legacy to very disappointed and losing money on my real life endeavors.

This needs to be solved because I would lke to be able to continue work,
2016-11-16
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

In the same boat.  I think next time I'll order from somewhere besides DJI so they don't take my money until they are ready to ship.  
2016-11-16
Use props
fans0cde4908
New

United States

It sucks man. And there is no way to talk to someone real....  Thanks for your thousand dollars you spent man, well hit you up if we decide to send you one or not.
2016-11-16
Use props
warrior200
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It's frustrating I know but there's people who ordered way before you did and they haven't got their mavic yet. I'm one of those people. I think the new dji phantom 4 pro will do a better job.
2016-11-16
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Spiderpig Posted at 2016-11-16 15:29
In the same boat.  I think next time I'll order from somewhere besides DJI so they don't take my mon ...

I ordered my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from the DJI Store on the 9th November 2016, and my money has not been taken yet. Just says "Authorised" under payment status, paid via PayPal Express method. I've asked them why it hasn't been accepted yet and they've told me that the payment has been confirmed but they won't charge my account until the order's been picked and dispatched. Fine with that. It's the wait that's killing me.
2016-11-16
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-16 12:23
I ordered my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from the DJI Store on the 9th November 2016, and my money has ...

Mine says Pay Confirmed as well.  I also used the paypal express checkout.  But looking at my Paypal account they already took the money out.  So you might want to check your account.  The reason I knew they took it out because I got a weird text from my wife asking me if had bought anything expensive.  
2016-11-16
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

LOL

Dude.... I ordered on September 28th and still haven't received my Mavic yet.   You are in for a LONG wait.
2016-11-16
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you check out the spreadsheet being run by the community (the best source of information given that DJI is saying absolutely nothing which is useful or, indeed, even true) you will realise that DJI has prioritised third party sellers and people who just bought e aircraft. Any one who purchased the "pay More, Fly Less Combo is at the back of the queue.

So far DJI have not even fulfilled orders made on 27th and 28th September yet. So if you ordered in mid October it is highly unlikely you will see a delivery for at least another 6 to 8 weeks or perhaps even longer.

I order on 29th September and have been told that I am unlikely to see shipment until the end of this month!

Do be careful about complaining though... there are some on this forum who will accuse you of being childish and whining... They seem to think that DJI's treatment of us is perfectly reasonable.....
2016-11-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

So you run a company without having a drone and people already book you for jobs but you never had a drone and were counting on the mavic to start your company?
2016-11-16
Use props
Rhoffmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

I cancelled and got a refund. It's useless to me in the winter months in NY. DJI did accept payment of $1400 at point of sale with a mid November delivery expected. Not happening........ maybe December maybe not. Meanwhile they have my money. Sorry not at way to do business. This isn't kickstarter

I'll wait till the big box stores have it in stock rather than burn up a warantee while it's sitting idle for the winter. Meanwhile let them work out the bugs
2016-11-16
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

I normally try not to get down on peoples posts too much but this one rubs me in uncomfortable ways.
There a couple* things in this  rant that make me not feel someone is being completely honest with us but even more so not honest with themself.

"ordered only a few thigns from DJI" - have you ever ordered a drone from them before? I have a feeling you haven't.
"don't understand why problems with shipping" - there isn't a problem with the shipping. It's the production.  Have your read anything in this forum?
"had to cancel shoots" - why would you even book a shoot that requires equipment you don't have?  You know there are other very capable drones sitting on shelves in stores now?
"why charge me those 1000's"  1000's? did you order a truckload of $999 mavics?
" I just want this transaction to be over" - easy to do. cancel and move on with your life.
"will never shop with dji again" - i doubt they care. heck you still haven't canceled your order so you are still doing business with them.
"this drone is supposed to be helping me take my production to the next level."  - wouldn't a professional video production company want a professional level drone for the "next level"?
"im 1000's of dollars in debt" do you blame that on the mavic?
"three ptoential clients cancel on me due to me not being to produce the equipment that they are looking for" - That's the story of every single DJI re-seller in the world right now.  I thought you claimed to be a production company though, not a reseller.
"I will literally never do business with you again." - You are continuing business with them until you cancel your order.
"I would lke to be able to continue work," - You gonna blame not being able to work on DJI?  If you are really a "professional" videographer that is very pathetic.  You could drive over to best buy and pick up a phantom 4 pro or even an inspire off the shelf *right now*.

Seriously,  this sounds more like petulant whining than a business professional.

Most of us are anxiously waiting for our fun high end toys - and yes we complain.  However, no professional videographer should be losing work over the mavic delay.

*couple in this case means almost every sentence.

2016-11-16
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spiderpig Posted at 2016-11-16 17:41
Mine says Pay Confirmed as well.  I also used the paypal express checkout.  But looking at my Payp ...

Yes. I did order the Mavic Pro Combo before, and that one had "Payment Confirmed", but I cancelled and then re-ordered at a later date on the 9th November 2016, and now on my PayPal account I have a pending transaction, Authorisation to www.dji.com. And on the DJI Store, it says Authorized under payment status.

All payments made to DJI through PayPal will look like this from this point forward.
DJI have told me that they won't charge me until the order's picked and dispatched, as there's currently no available stock of the Mavic Pro. All are taken. Need to wait 6-8 weeks.
2016-11-16
Use props
Travelling Dron
lvl.2
Canada

people keep asking me how they can take your money and not deliver on time. I ask the same question too, i feel its kind of scummy. I really feel they should go above and beyond for the people who ordered in september and are still waiting, like free care fresh package, or a significant discount on the DJI store. this is kind of pathetic.
2016-11-16
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.2

United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-16 17:37
Yes. I did order the Mavic Pro Combo before, and that one had "Payment Confirmed", but I cancelled  ...

Did you cancel by emailing?  How long did it take?  I figure if I don't get a tracking number by this weekend I'll cancel and wait until after winter to get it.
2016-11-16
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

robble Posted at 2016-11-17 03:43
I normally try not to get down on peoples posts too much but this one rubs me in uncomfortable ways. ...

Boom, drop that hammer!
2016-11-16
Use props
fansbe726b4b
lvl.1
United States

robble Posted at 2016-11-16 14:43
I normally try not to get down on peoples posts too much but this one rubs me in uncomfortable ways. ...

I agree... Production on new products can always be a pain.   My only gripe is that there appears to be no real logic to their shipping.   I have a friend who ordered a combo from newegg on 10/09 and he received his over 2 weeks ago.   

However, I would encourage more people to cancel their orders so that I can receive mine quicker.   Ordered 10/04, so there is still allot of orders that need cancelling people!!  
2016-11-16
Use props
Mayoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

As per current predictions Mid October Combo order will be shipped by Mid December unless there is a lot of cancellations due to P4P

http://forum.dji.com/thread-67246-1-1.html
2016-11-16
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spiderpig Posted at 2016-11-16 23:14
Did you cancel by emailing?  How long did it take?  I figure if I don't get a tracking number by t ...

Sent an email. They take around 2-3 days to get back to you about it. Refund is pretty seamless. Just need to wait around 4-7 days for the money to be sent back to your account.
2016-11-16
Use props
baychilla
lvl.2

United States

You ordered Mid October?  I ordered Sept 27th and am still waiting.  Though at this point that may be a good thing - giving me time to reevaluate the purchase.
2016-11-16
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2313 ft
United States

Enkeixpress Posted at 2016-11-16 12:23
I ordered my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo from the DJI Store on the 9th November 2016, and my money has ...

Don't know for sure but that's because maybe everybody has been complaining .. "You took my money but haven't delivered my Mavic?" It's been a long hard wait ... still waiting ..since October 1st.....
2016-11-16
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
United States

NomadRT Posted at 2016-11-16 13:12
LOL

Dude.... I ordered on September 28th and still haven't received my Mavic yet.   You are in for  ...

lol .. yes he is...
2016-11-16
Use props
yHS0eU90xE7Q
lvl.2
United States

robble Posted at 2016-11-16 14:43

lol .. I agree .. that's a desperate attempt at thinking someone is actually reading his rant and hoping they might say .. "oh, well we have to send this guy his order ... he's losing business!" "Let's hurry and put him in the front of the line." Not happening bro ... Many many many people in line in front of you.
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules