Repair experience
1283 10 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

I don't want to be rude,but this being my first experience with DJI is pretty bad.
So,i sent my Phantom 4 to service in Europe,Germany.The problem is that the gimbal is shaking on the yaw axle,except that,the camera works perfectly,roll and pitch also perfect.
I receive an invoice by mail which says they need to change the entire camera/gimbal unit.Since at least 70% of the gimbal/camera is ok,I see no reason to pay for the entire unit(the entire unit I can buy myself and from what I saw it's the same price,at DJI I have to pay extra for one work hour and shipping),so I contacted DJI support.There was a nice person that told me he can help me by opening a repair dispute and I will get an answer in 24/48 hours.As these 2 days have passed I contacted DJI support again where this person tells me my case number 1610188n4-3927 does not exist.When I told him I am from europe he told me he can't help me and the only way is to call them in Germany...but then how did the first person opened a dispute for a case number he couldn't access...This question puzzled him so after I insisted there is something wrong here I got this:

Me: But you said I can only contact EU support by telephone.How can I contact this guy again?
  • Support:  EU live chat support is available 3 - 12 pm GMT+
    • Me: great,now it's 8:06 PM GMT
      • Support: Sorry I mean UTC+ sorry for the misunderstanding Alexandru.
        • Me: Yes,and UTC time is the same... 08:08 PM
          • Support  3 -12 pm Hongkong time for you to understand.

Keep trying until you get a timezone that fits.
Anyway,I am left without an answer and I will probably have to pay half the price of the drone for a shaking gimbal.
2016-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.
I'll help to look into your case.
2016-11-16
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

Great,thank you Mindy.Except 8 days have already passed since I am waiting for an answer and in the mail I receives it states the drone will be sent back unrepaired after 10 days.
2016-11-17
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

First they told me the red water-label was expired,then they told me it's completely missing.It's very clear that an water damaged electronic would never work,but my camera and gimbal works perfectly."Water damage is a total loss.".This drone has never touched water,neither it was flown during rain or anything.It's a ripoff what they are doing here.Thank you DJI.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

infoschumi Posted at 2016-11-18 22:07
First they told me the red water-label was expired,then they told me it's completely missing.It's ve ...

May I know have you replied e-mail to our support team? we'd help you double check this case.
2016-11-18
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

I only replied to the emails I received from invoice.europe@dji.com
2016-11-18
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

Please let me know if you checked.
It's outrageous to find an excuse for it to be water damaged.All motors work,camera works,sensors work,I am 100% sure there is absolutely no water damage sign nowhere.If you spill water on an electronic it just won't work anymore.By the way,my drone it is still flyable,it's just that from time to time during flight the gimbal wobbles,but if you steer left/right it stops,so under no circumstances you can tell me it is water damaged,that is the most stupid reason to rip off a client.
2016-11-21
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

infoschumi Posted at 2016-11-22 06:14
Please let me know if you checked.
It's outrageous to find an excuse for it to be water damaged.All  ...

I dropped my phone in water .. all works fine .. except doesn't vibrate anymore. YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED
2016-11-22
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

That means a part of the electronic circuit is dead,either shortcircuited or corroded which turnes into an open circuit.I also dropped a water on my keyboard and a few of them keys are not working anymore.But in this case everything is working,there is no dead electronic.Besides that,IT HAS NEVER TOUCHED WATER,and they also know it,because they first tried to tell me it was water damaged because the water indicator was activated ,but when I askes for clarifications they said it is missing and MAYBE it was water damaged and they don't want to risk repairing it.IT'S VERY EASY TO REMOVE IT AND THEN TELL THE CLIENT IT'S MISSING !?!?
2016-11-22
Use props
infoschumi
lvl.1

Romania

Thank you DJI Natalia,thank you DJI Mindy for you telling me you will help me and then not responding anymore,this seems something normal for DJI company,as you can read below.

This story goes on.I paid for a full BRAND NEW GIMBAL CAMERA because I didn't want to spend more time without the drone.Here comes the funny part:
1)I didn't get my old gimbal!? Where is my old gimbal camera?It's worth a lot of money,even broken,you can't just take it from me,you didn't repair it,you didn't told me anything,I paid for A ENTIRE NEW GIMBAL CAMERA,I paid for an hour of service to replace it and for full shiping,so I want the old one back,but of course now to my emails noone wants to respond anymore!?!?!?!?!?!? Am I that absurd to ask for my rights?
2)They said they didn't want to repair it because it was water damaged.Now here comes the funny part.On the Repair receipt it says "Phantom 4 gimbal camera No Video,ESC Damaged,but it says nothing of the water damage.Let's skip the water damage part,even tho I insist it has never touched the water,but how can you say it had no video?Is this a bad joke????My gimbal had perfect video,why they didn't send the old gimbal back?This whole situation is strange.
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

infoschumi Posted at 2016-12-4 15:45
Thank you DJI Natalia,thank you DJI Mindy for you telling me you will help me and then not responding anymore,this seems something normal for DJI company,as you can read below.

This story goes on.I paid for a full BRAND NEW GIMBAL CAMERA because I didn't want to spend more time without the drone.Here comes the funny part:

Sorry for the late reply. Since you didn't click the "Reply" button, we cannot see you are responding to us.
I'll help to bring this to the attention of our support team.
If you have any further query, please click the "Reply" button, then I'll help to follow up soon.
2016-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules