Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I almost owned a Mavic Pro kindof!
1029 3 2016-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
t0ny
lvl.1
United States

I am sooo bummed right now. I almost had a Mavic pro.

I heard rumors that the Apple stores where getting them. So I stopped by after work. Asked one of the Apple guys. He went in the back and brought out a Mavic Pro!

Paid and took it to my car. I decided to use my inverter to charge it on my way home so I could fly it today before dark.

I opened the box and noticed the display on the remote had stuff on it. I thought it had one of those stickers on it showing the display. I tried to remove it. But it was behind the glass. Then it dawned on me. I reached over to the Mavic still in the box and hit the button on the battery. Nothing. I picked it up and it was really light. It was a display unit!

Took it into the store and returned it. I was worried that Apple was going to think I was trying to scam them.

http://www.dronehome.io/news/articles/5-apple-store-accidentally-sells-mavic-%22display-unit%22-to-customer

And because of the delay of returning it I hit traffic going home. I had to spend a extra 30 mins driving. At least I am internet famous now.

Now I am back to continuing to wait for my 10/1 order to ship. Hopefully I get it before next year! lol

2016-11-16
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

I bet you were pretty bummed out, Tony...
2016-11-16
Use props
t0ny
lvl.1
United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-16 18:00
I bet you were pretty bummed out, Tony...

Just a little bit. Thought I was finally going to get one after waiting a month.
2016-11-16
Use props
Visualkaos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh man, thats a bummer
2016-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now