Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Erratic Movement by the gimbal
1385 3 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BSchoepke
New

Germany

Hi there,

I am a new user to the Osmo+ and I already have completed the setup. I use it with a Samsung Galaxy S4mini, which seems to be a bit too weak for displaying the video. I noticed two things and i wonder if it is an error of the camera or of the smartphone or simply something done not right by myself.

1.) The wifi is connecting and disconneting from time to time. Every 2-3 minutes or so. Everything is charged up well, but my smartphone seems to loose the connection or the osmo is not sending all the time. Could be that it is my smartphone, because, as i stated, it seems a bit slow for videostreaming (stream is a little distorted), but it works well with my wifi at home.
2.) Far more disturbing is that if I move the osmo a bit more quickly the osmo seems to lose its stabilization and the camera is facing upwards. Is this a calibration error? Or is the camera slightly defect? Is it because of the wifi-problem?

I know this is not very precise but I am a bit confused by the behavior of the gimbal.

Thanks!
Björn
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the first issue, try this please, clear the wifi password cache of your phone, and connect to Osmo, it should stay now.

The second issue is unusual, please try calibrating the gimbal, if this still happens, you should send it in. Contact the seller and see if they are willing to do a direct exchange, if not, please find online chat on www.dji.com/support or email support.eu@dji.com . Thank you.
2016-11-23
Use props
BSchoepke
New

Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-23 09:36
For the first issue, try this please, clear the wifi password cache of your phone, and connect to Os ...

Thank you! I'll try and let you know.
2016-11-23
Use props
BSchoepke
New

Germany

BSchoepke Posted at 2016-11-23 01:50
Thank you! I'll try and let you know.

Hey there! It's me again after some time.

I tried your recommendations and even did a firmware update meanwhile.
Now the gimbal movement is sometimes totally out of control. It moves around like crazy and even locks itself up.

I read on some posts that there where hardware issues on some osmo cameras manufactured in october. Since I got this one on my birthday in early november it could be that this one is a bit broken too.

Could you please instruct me how to send it to you to fix the problem?
Thanks!
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules