Thank you DJI!!
2041 10 2016-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronez
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61135 ft
United States

I like many others come here for updates and new info from other DJI owners. Since the Mavic release it's been pretty hectic in here and lots of emotions have been flying all over the place. I wanted to come and post something postitive and share what I experienced.

I purchased my Mavic 1 hour after the announcement. I couldn't wait to get my hands on the newest drone from DJI. I waited and waited and finally it showed up on 10/25. Updated all my firmware and had no issues. I was so excited to go flying I couldn't wait. I had to drive a little bit as I live in Virginia and within a NFZ. Finally got to the spot and did all my checks and took off. What an awesome experience! I had a P4, but this was nothing like it. I flew all over the place and tried several different video modes. Took a bunch of pictures and some nice videos.

Fast forward to a week later and I was showing the footage to one of my buddies. He mentioned to me that it appeared some of my footage was blurry on the left hand side. We messed with my camera settings, formated the SD card and tried again. Still the same issue.. Why was my brand new DJI Mavic giving me blurry footage? I did the tap to focus, I assigned the focus to C2 and press it when needed. Feeling deflated that something was wrong, I drove home and got on the internet with DJI After Sales Support. I explained the issue to the agent who was very nice and willing to work with me to resolve my issue. After submitting photos and uploading a video it was determined that I needed to ship my Mavic back for repairs. Well, I wasn't too happy about that. I kept my emotions in check and I knew that if I sent it back, I'd get it repaired and I could go right back out and continue to learn how to get better footage.

I bit the bullet and shipped the Mavic back the same day I got the label. The only option was UPS Ground and it was going take 5 days to get to California to be repaired. 5 days passed and I get a notification that my drone was delivered to the warehouse.

I came to the forums to read some info and see what everyone else was experiencing while my mavic was at the Doctors. I saw a post from Tahoe ED about something new they were trying for repairs and I decided I'd try it. I didn't have anything else to do while my Mavic was away from home.. I filled out the information as requested and within a couple of hours, I started to get my first email from the Repair Staff.

The first email was a check-in email, then came several more. The emails mentioned that it was a warranty repair and to ignore any invoices the system might send automatically. I then got a couple more detailing what they had found and what was going to be repaired. The invoice email came in and it looked like my Gimbal and Camera were getting replaced with a new unit. I was a little worried as some of the emails had prices even though it had said to ignore them. To be on the safe side, I emailed DJI Ken and expressed my concerns. DJI Ken assured me that those were normal emails and everything should be fine. I got another email about a successful test flight, and then finally a shipping email that the Mavic was ready to come home.

UPS notified me that my Mavic would be home in 5 days. That 5th day was yesterday and I got a package last night from UPS at about 7:30 PM. I was so excited to open the box and get back to business. I opened the box and noticed that there was a pink ziplock bag with what looked like spare props. I got pretty excited that I got a new set of props and didn't have to purchase them. Unboxed the controller and then it started to dawn on me... These wern't spare props.. This was a brand new Mavic. The controller was brand new with all the stickers still on it and a new lightning cable! Unpacked the Mavic and got it all powered up and updated with the new firmware. I did have to reach back out to DJI to switch my DJI Care from the old Mavic to the new one and that took less than 2 hours via email.

I'm so happy with my purchase and the support I received from DJI that I wanted to come and share it with you all. For those of you still waiting for the Mavic, it'll come and you will be amazed by it.

Thank you to DJI Ken, Tahoe ED and all the folks at the DJI Support Center!
2016-11-18
Use props
trance728
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the image good on your replacement?
2016-11-18
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
United States

trance728 Posted at 2016-11-18 10:54
Is the image good on your replacement?

yes it is. I had blurriness on the left hand side. it's all gone now.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much for posting your positive experience, DJI really appreciates it.
And glad your back up in the air, have a great weekend.
2016-11-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Dronez Posted at 2016-11-18 23:56
yes it is. I had blurriness on the left hand side. it's all gone now.

By the way, what was your ticket# ?
2016-11-18
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

Does that mean even DJI can't repair or replace a broken gimbal/camera?
2016-11-18
Use props
Dronez
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-18 13:06
By the way, what was your ticket# ?

CAS-311186-N8T6M1
2016-11-19
Use props
fans4250d6c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 991 ft
United States

Must be nice to get your 2 no brand new one.  I have yet to receive my first. Ordered it over a month ago.  In the process of canceling my order with DJI. How unfortunate
2016-11-19
Use props
fansb53103c8
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for this post.  I am patiently waiting for the Mavic as well.  Knowing you have experienced good support is encouraging!  This will be my first drone.  I have over 30 years of RC experience and this drone finally met my requirements.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thank you very much.
2016-11-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fansb53103c8 Posted at 2016-11-20 08:45
Thank you for this post.  I am patiently waiting for the Mavic as well.  Knowing you have experience ...

while you are waiting for your Mavic and this is your first drone, please read the manual and watch the tutorial videos that are in the Academy section of the app. From the Mavic home page, the top right icon (graduation hat) will take you to the Academy section.
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules