Phantom 3 pro motor
1392 2 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans676a2b85
New

United States

I had recently had a slight crash with my phantom 3 pro. On the dji go app it says "motor obstructed" but still lets me fly. The motor seems fine when it's on but when it's off it seems sticky and also gets hotter then the other motors. Is there a way to fix this? Should I send it to dji or replace it myself?

2016-11-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'd suggest you to send it in for fixing.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you to create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-11-20
Use props
fans9cd8bd24
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I would look on eBay for a new(or used) motor...P3 Pro/Adv use 2312 or 2312A.
The 2312A motor is for the newer ESC boards. The newer ESC boards visually different than the older ESC boards. Take a look on YouTube...

I have found 2312A motors for 10 bucks on eBay.  When I see this I usually buy 2 sets if CW and CCW  are offered for the same price. Otherwise they will run about 20 bucks...

Anyway, If you are a little mechanically inclined and have some soldering skills, replacing a motor is not that difficult.
The most difficult part is separating the body shell halves... dont jam a screwdriver into the side to pry it open...there are electronic components inside.
Hope this helps...
2016-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules