Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Software/Firmware - Leave it alone
3088 22 2016-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

Why can't DJI leave this software and firmware alone. Now before someone jumps in and say's "because they are continually making improvements", my response is that they are not. Many people all over the world are having problem after problem every time DJI releases a new version. they then scramble to figure out how to "go back" to an eariler version that worked, sometimes bricking their equipment in the process!

I am now hearing that updates are no longer supporting certain Ipad/Iphone/Android equipment.

This is all starting to get a little bit crazy. You spend thousands only to not be able to fly because the software and/or firmware has been butchered by the developers. No video, choppy video, I could go on and on. When they finally "fix it" they break it again. Then just when you think your fix will come, they quit supporting your chosen form of viewing equipment. Truth is they probably can't fix it, so the "Fix" now becomes obsoleting what they can't fix and calling it fixed! Anyone confused yet?

DJI, you have a great product, hands down the best on the market. Here is a suggestion:

Create seperate version of the go app for each product. When you get it right, leave it alone! You are "Jamming" way too much into one app, and apperantly it is not working very well for you. People just want to fly, not dream of flying. We have all invested a lot of money in your company, all we want in return is to enjoy your product.

People rush to buy your product, reward them by letting them enjoy it for a while. Don't make them dream of another company creating a better product so that they never have to deal with you again. Remember it is people like us that have put you on top, and we would like you to stay there, but we all can only be patient for so long. One day that other company will come along, and based on your response to what your customers want will determine the outcome of your market share. the way I see it, right now you have a lot of people angry at you. you need to make it right for them.
2016-11-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Wonder if they just made a generic GO, then allowed you to download the particular device you needed into it instead loading everything they make?  I noticed that DxO Optics Pro does that where you get the basic software package, and then you download what camera body you intend to use with it, followed again by whatever lenses you have to go with it.  Makes for a smaller package overall, and you can delete items no longer being used without trashing the entire software package and the need to reinstall a newer version of it

No doubt the SDK kit provided by Apple for DJI to use is the reason for the older stuff dying off.  Then you have DJI's SDK for a new device to feed other developers like Litichi, but it has been crippled by Apple to start with so anything new will not work with the older iOS.

2016-11-19
Use props
Trump
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139295 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2016-11-19 14:27
Wonder if they just made a generic GO, then allowed you to download the particular device you needed ...

Whatever the reasons, it doesn't pass the smell test. They need to do better than this. We shouldn't have to suffer with crappy video and all these other issues. If something happens because of the crappy video the first question would be, why were you flying if you knew it was bad? you should have known better! That was irresponsible! Send me your logs, send me your logs! Oops! Your fault! Well then, give me all my money back and I wont fly! We bought a product that is not performing as advertized. That is our fault how?

2016-11-19
Use props
Sam999
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20856 ft
Greece

I totally agree with you and i have said this in other posts, DJI always have issues when doing an update, DJI is a leading company right now and we spent a lot of $$$ on there products and it is us that made this company at the top they should not ignore us like this, or make us wonder for a soulotion while the soulotion is in there hand.....I want to share my experience with an issue with my P4 RC version number not showing and you just see N/A which a lot of members are also having, DJI will first ask you what devise are you using even though your device is working perfectly to fly the drone using DJI GO , then they will ether tell you it is not a DJI recommended device in other words go buy an apple device which i will never do , to raise apples revenue thru this move and both company's take your money again,,,,, or they ask you to try and install a previos version of DJI GO ,,,,what ???? why you update DJI GO and ask us to use previos versions to resolve an issue ??? isnt an update a fix to previos issues ????? I never see a company do that .... Or they will tell you send it in for repair which will cost you a lot for shipping and repairs !!!!!!! Instead of all this they can update DJI GO and fix the issue just like the issue with video glitching which also alot of memebrs are having till today, they can force DJI GO to show update message for AC/RC or force assistant 2 to see your RC so you update,,,,also why and still today on latest windows you connect AC it works but when you connect RC you dont see it, this is crazy !!!!!!!!!!! They send me a Bin file to use with USB to force update RC and when RC doesn't respond to it they tell you your USB not working on the RC , how is USB not working if it is working when conected to a tablet/phone to fly the drone ?????, but offcourse DJI choose the other ways even though they know its fixable, this is just an example to show you the way they are going this is not good for your customers and so for company, Mr.Frank Wang you enjoy your 3.6 billion let us enjoy our drone.

2016-11-19
Use props
CW Hobbies
lvl.4

United States

I've had my P3 Pro, and P4 from day one, i've updated them once, when i first got them, worked good, haven't updated since!
My Mavic is working fine, no problems, i'm not updating that either, lol.
My P4 Pro is on order, and i'll do the same!
2016-11-19
Use props
t2adze
lvl.1

Georgia

I am 100% with you!

And DJI's updates taught me alesson. If it works - dont update.

after DJI GO's latest update i cant connect to my android S5 and Galaxy Tab Pro...
2016-11-19
Use props
JustBabs
Flight distance : 354081 ft
United States

I whole heartedly agree.  I'm of the belief that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  If DJI could just follow this simple idea we would all be better for it.  That's why I don't rush to the latest firmware.  If my bird is flying and operating fine, why chance it?  I do the same for my iphone and ipad.  No need to update, just for the sake of "being current."
2017-5-27
Use props
fans0f5bfa69
lvl.1
United States

You may as well be talking to a wall.  They don't care!  Think about it.  The best way to create revenue is to program a virus or bad code in the firmware/software update and our customers will have to send their broken drone for repairs$$.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans0fe2ed84
lvl.1
United States

There's a fix out for this. I did it and no more nag screens and forced app updates.
2017-5-27
Use props
JW5255
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just updated DJI Go 4 (iOS).  Went to my practice area, which is outside of any WIFI range and all went well.  Found there to be no new restrictions or limits.  
2017-5-27
Use props
BIG MAC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384088 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe DJI could explain why I've just quarantined two viruses from their last firmware update. Very cleverly constructed viruses, one trojan and one jokebot, originated from the firmware passed to the PC via the SD card bypassing security. I'm all ears and can provide evidence too!
2017-9-25
Use props
fans93a42fcb
New

United States

I'm having trouble with hight limits and distance limits in the USA. Was in the middle of nowhere so there shouldn't have been a "no fly zone".  Anyone else have a solution?
2017-9-26
Use props
fans93a42fcb
New

United States

JW5255 Posted at 2017-5-27 08:16
Just updated DJI Go 4 (iOS).  Went to my practice area, which is outside of any WIFI range and all went well.  Found there to be no new restrictions or limits.

We're you having limited restrictions on hight and distance before? I am now. Do I need to update to fix it?
2017-9-26
Use props
AerialImageryMe
lvl.1
United States

BIG MAC Posted at 2017-9-25 00:28
Maybe DJI could explain why I've just quarantined two viruses from their last firmware update. Very cleverly constructed viruses, one trojan and one jokebot, originated from the firmware passed to the PC via the SD card bypassing security. I'm all ears and can provide evidence too!

More information on this please.
2017-9-26
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which virus killer picked them up, was it Avast ?

Edit:- https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/1 ... fected-2-27m-users/
2017-9-26
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yes more info please.
2017-9-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You should inform them for sure what you found>
2017-9-26
Use props
UnFlyable2
lvl.1

United States

fans0f5bfa69 Posted at 2017-5-27 05:42
You may as well be talking to a wall.  They don't care!  Think about it.  The best way to create revenue is to program a virus or bad code in the firmware/software update and our customers will have to send their broken drone for repairs$$.

I agree they don't care! They have unleashed Stuxnet for Phantom4 in an effort to cash in. How dishonest.
2017-9-27
Use props
BIG MAC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AerialImageryMe Posted at 2017-9-26 05:39
More information on this please.

DJI were sent an email with the screenshot of the two viruses now removed from my system. I still have history of them both originating from DJI however DJI failed to respond.
2017-11-13
Use props
BIG MAC
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-26 05:43
Which virus killer picked them up, was it Avast ?

Edit:- https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/18/avast-reckons-ccleaner-malware-infected-2-27m-users/

Defender.
2017-11-13
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I am still using go app version 2.4.1 and it works great.  No issues at all.  
2017-11-13
Use props
CineView Media
First Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I stopped updating my fw and app in February, after the most stable vers.
Dont fix it, if it aint broken certainly applies to these products...
2017-11-13
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

All this is called Progress and these innovations are required by different things that is changing. The world is changing   
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules