Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tips: Loading NEW firmware to RC and AC- Insp. 1 Phantom ADV & PRO
12Next >
16608 43 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

TIPS  For Phantom Advanced and Pro  as well as Inspire 1  

READ THE WHOLE PAGE ,  TRUST ME , 2 MINUTES HERE COULD SAVE YOU WEEKS OF GRIEF
Updates that are current will look something like this on the Inspire 1 ( July 2017 anyway )
Overview:
1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.11.01.50.
2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.13.
3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v V3.1.8.

What’s New:
1. Updated No Fly Zone Management.
2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft

Notes:
1. Make sure you restart both the aircraft and remote controller after updating them to the latest firmware. Otherwise, video downlink may be unstable. Re-link the aircraft with the remote controller if they are disconnected.
2. Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
3. Aircraft version v01.11.01.50 and camera version v01.10.01.40 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.
4. Remote controller version v1.7.80 or above should be used together. Make sure you update the remote controller to version v1.7.80 or above.
- Keep in mind you do not have to update, ( UNLESS you are on the latest  GO APP , as of July 2017  IOS 3.1.13 and Droid 3.1.8 .  The system will Not work properly if you dont , so If you have the latest Go app installed you will need to be current as of July 2017 .
This is one reason I  DO NOT HAVE AUTO UPDATES on my go app device , to prevent situations like this .  

I for one have found the latest update of 1.8  for the AC and 1.7 for the RC have caused some glitches in the system.  I am currently on the latest go app 3.1.5 & 1.6 for the RC and 1.8 on the AC.  So if you are happy with the performance of your sytem you can just stay put, you will have a warning in the go app that you are not up to date but no big deal.  Please keep in mind you can only rollback to the previous firmware in order, so just keep this in mind before updating, I go into more detail in the description below. Keep in mind if the go app gets advanced it may not be able to work with older  firmware on the System., Just have to use your judgement. ( I AM CURRENTLY UP TO DATE ON THE FW AS OF APRIL 2017 )

-Before updating anything  (IF  you have a NEW System) , be sure to register with DJI on the Go App First.  If you fail to do so , it can cause the motors not to start.  So register first, this will also make sure you have proper internet connection with DJI Servers.

-If you own a brand new system be sure to register first then do the updates.  If you are on your second or third DJI device do NOT skip this registration , If you update the system before registering , you could get in the trick bag.

-  After 1.3  AFirmware update  FOR the Transmitter is NOT through the SD Card it is through The DJI go app and WI-FI connection. MUST HAVE WI- FI CONNECTION WITH INTERNET ACCESS.   ( It can be done but you must use special files that are for the RC only also it will only work till version 1.6 after that DJI got on to my little trick . Just update via the go app, I have a seperate tutorial for those who get in the shi& on the RC later on in this Novel I seem to be writing)  

-Always update the aircraft first.  This is Mandoatory in some cases during updates. For example on the Inspire 1 update 1.8 it must be done in this order to prevent problems with the aircraft getting stuck in Travel mode .  

-DO NOT UPDATE THE RC AND THE AIRCRAFT AT THE SAME TIME.  I realize you want to do this quickly but the transmitter will still be putting out signal and the aircraft will be looking for one.  This is a sure way to damage the equipment .  DO ONLY ONE AT A TIME

-When updating the Transmitter , use a dedicated reliable WI-FI system.  Avoid using Cellular systems if possible (Phone calls , etc)  You want to make sure to close all apps besides the GO App as well.  Do NOT interupt the upload. Make sure the cable from the Transmitter to the Go App is Pristine and Perfect.

-Make sure you download the proper firmware.  If you have the Pro make sure not downloading for the  Raw,  Advanced  or Standard. Double check!
ON THE DOWNLAODS PAGE FOR THE AIRCRAFT YOU WILL SEE A BOX WITH THE WORDS"PRODUCT SELECT "IF YOU  do not have the X3 you MUST pick your camera first , then you will see the proper version to download .  You must use the FW for both cameras for the Cameras to work properly  if say you have the X3 and X5 .  So what I do is load my X3 to the Aircraft , I then select the FW with the X3 as my camera, then I  load it to the camera and after it finishes ( I of course look for the "success" on the sd card ) Then I load the X5 camera and pick the X5 from the drop down. "  Product Select " in the rectangular box  and load that FW.  It wont take long because the AC is already loaded and will just skip the AC.  ( I personally own the X3 and the X5 so I must load BOTH )****
-Make sure you only download the Bin File to the FRESH FORMATTED SD CARD Root Directory. Root directory is just a fancy name for " Make sure it is not in a file or folder  " Make sure the BIN file is the only thing on the SD card.  

-Make sure transmitter is NOT ON when downloading Firmware to aircraft via SD card  (VERY IMPORTANT) and Aircraft is not on when updating the Transmitter !

Keep in mind the update firmware for the Aircraft and the RC transmitter are NOT the same , in the early  days of the Inspire and Phanotms the FIRMWARE  ( FW )  were the same but after version 1.3 they are seperate.  So you dont update the RC transmitter  with files fOR  the Aircraft.  True there are files ( VIA THUMB DRIVE  ETC.)  to update the RC out there but they are special files and usually have a C1 designation in the link , these files  only work before version 1.6 and work espscailly well when the RC transmitter has a blue light stuck "on" from usually an aborted FW update . So bottom line 95% of the time update via the go app using a wi fi connection to the go app device and going through the System Status page to do an update .  BE SURE TO UPDATE THE AIRCRAFT FIRST .

-When installing SD with firmware to the  Aircraft, make sure AIRCRAFT  is OFF . Then turn on aircraft, the firmware will then begin load. For example :   1- Load sd card with firmware to the  aircraft   2- turn on aircraft 3-download should begin within 60-90  seconds

-You can jump FROM 1.3 TO 1.11  dont forget if you go from 1.3 to 1.10  there are battery updates .  You must load the batteries one by one to the aircraft, it will only take a few minutes once the Aircraft has been updated.( you cant update from say 1.2 to 1.10 must be on MINIMUM of 1.3 )

-All the firmware numbers for the RC - aircraft- Go App - Camera WONT  ALWAYS BE THE SAME  MATCHING NUMBERS   .     For example 1.7 for the Transmitter and 1.11  for the Aircraft.  Just understand these numbers may or may not be the same ( match ) a better term is COMPATIBLE .

-Sometimes only the aircraft gets an update and not RC Transmitter   Read the pdf on the downloads page so you know what’s going on for example 1.6.0.40 is only for the aircraft and batteries. ( The PDF  ( release notes )  is just a file with simple word processor information , this is located on the same page as the downloads for each aircraft or camera system , just lookaround the downloads page for it, usually on the right side of the page .  )

-Make sure to read what each update is effecting. For example 1.6.0.4.0 will require each battery to be updated as well. Keep Informed.  If you own a new system you must update each of the batteries as well.  Just load them to the Aircraft  when the last FW has updated and then just keep reloading the batteries, they will only take a few minutes to load up because it is only the battery getting updated at this point .

-Macs’ sometimes do not format SD cards well. When Formatting  success is in doubt  FORMAT ON THE AIRCRAFT, go to camera settings on dji go app  main screen  open the tool icon , on near  bottom is Format SD  card option.  MAKE SURE YOU DO THE FAT 32 ON MACS IF SO INCLINED to Format .  USE A PC TO UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE AT ALL ( AND YOU ARE SURE YOU HAVE CORRECT FIRMWARE ON THE SD CARD ) , I HAVE SEEN THIS COUNTLESS TIMES WHEN MEMBERS ARE HAVING ISSUES , I DONT KNOW WHY , I JUST KNOW TO USE A PC IF YOU ARE HAVING ISSUES AND 9 TIMES OUT OF 10  IT WILL THEN WORK.  

-When Updating has begun  on the aircraft you will hear a "Four beat tone" dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd-dddd and flashing green and red lights . LISTEN CAREFULLY

-Updates sometimes take a while, wait for the tone to change to  a " One beat pause two beat  tone"  d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd d-dd  or the solid  green light even better.  ( Phantom Camera Gimbal Assembly ) when you hear this the update is done.  IF YOU CANT STAND THE BEEPING PUT IT IN THE GARAGE FOR A WHILE , BUT DONT INTERUPT IT , THE LONGEST I HAVE EVER HEARD WAS 1.5 HOURS.   It should be done in less than 20 minutes but give it time .  UNLESS you hear the finish tone or the solid fail tone which is no beat DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD, then it has failed and no amount of time will help .

-If you hear a long  " No pause beat "   dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd  update has failed. Try again.  Remove SD card and Place in computer and look at the File "Result" or the Hidden file to get to the Nitty Gritty.  Tutorial. (Link below )

-Updating is not an option for just the aircraft, IF there is also an update at that time for the Transmitter you MUST do it.

-To find out your current Firmware: Make sure The Aircraft, Transmitter, and GO-APP are all on. Now go to the “Main Video Flight Screen” , Tap the right hand corner for “ Settings” on the Very Left Bottom of  tab icons  you will see -  - -  this is the “ General Settings   Go to  “About “  Here you will find current Firmware on each device.  If you only see the “App Version  it is because you did not turn everything on .

-If you load the firware with success but it does not update in the “About” section on the Go App “General Settings” be sure to Re- Boot your Device with the Go App, also restart the aircraft and Transmitter .  

-If you have a light blue light on the transmitter ( This can be caused by an interupted upload to the Firmware on the RC )  go to this link to help solve the problem        http://forum.dji.com/thread-47577-1-1.html  

-If you get a + sign after you install the firmware,  (ie: 1.7.04.00+) or any recent update with the old firmware with a  + sign after it.  It is OK, re-boot and make sure your device  ( GO APP) has wi-fi  and internet access.  It should update  to the correct FW once it is up to date with DJI servers. ( This may take a couple days though because of all the updates) Keep in mind the + means it IS UPDATED , just needs to confirm with the DJI servers . Sometimes if you just  sync the files it will work  update also . ( like I said dont worry , just aslong as you have the + sign go fly , it will update soon )

-Make sure when you are powering up to fly you always do it in theis order :   1 RC Transmitter 2 Aircraft 3 Go app     You can have your device ( I-pad or whatever  ) "on"  when you place it on the RC cradle but do NOT have that Go App opened up( till all else is on )  Make sure you have no other apps opened in the backround.  Be sure to "Enable Hardware Decode" on the go App. (This is for apple devices only  apparently )  This takes some of the strain off the processor for better performance.  I pad Minis can give video trouble -Not all but several version Mostly 1 & 2.  If youhave video problems try a I pad air or Pro , I have rarely seen any problems with these .

-Be sure to calibrate  the IMU , Gimbal and RC , Anytime there is a FW update, this is recomended. Thanks to  MJLstudios for the "Tip"

- You cant Rollback the Battery Firmware once installed. Once Installed that’s it.  ( Battery Only)

-When doing a Rollback, confirm the Current firmware on the Aircraft and then Rollback Firmware in Order.  If at 1.6 you can only Rollback to 1.5. If at 1.7 can only rollback to 1.6 etc. YOU CAN ONLY ROLLBACK ONE VERSION (of firmware)  ON THE AIRCRAFT  THAT IS IT .   

- Updates are all in one , so when you update to the latest it has all the data from all the previous versions as well " All in One "   so you can jump from say 1.3 to 1.11  just remeber to update ALL your batteries as well.   

***Remember you can  only rollback one version of the FW, so if at 1.9 on the AC  can only go back to 1.8.  It does not matter if you jumped from 1.3 to 1.10  You still can only go back to 1.8 if you updated to 1.9. ( I AM BEING REDUNDENT HERE BUT THIS IS ASKED A THOUSAND TIMES )

*** The go app will auto update on you if you have it selected to auto update on your go app device , I have an I pad and i simply go to the settings and trun off the auto update for the go app.  Older versions can be stored on I tunes, but once again , make sure you have that not set to auto update  as well for the go app .  Some members dont like the new updates to the go app and find there is no way to go back if they did not have it stored on the  I tunes page or however the android system stores it , that I dont know.  I just play    it safe and update the go app AFTER I see it is working well and there are no glitches that I have to wait for the next go app to resolve........IT HAPPENS , TRUST ME .

*****REMEMBER TO FORMAT THE SD CARD THAT  HAS THE UPDATE ON IT WHEN YOU FINISH "OR"ONLY USE A CERTAIN SD CARD FOR UPDATING  THE AIRCRAFT .   SOME MEMBERS HAVE REPORTED VIDEO ISSUES IF THE UPDATE FILE IS LEFT ON THE SD CARD.  THE FILE IS USUALLY STORED ON THE COMPUTER DOWNLOADS PAGE ,  ONCE YOU DOWNLOAD IT TO THE AIRCRAFT THERE IS NO REASON TO KEEP IT STORED  ON THE SD CARD.  
Inspire 1 =  HOW TO RE LINK ***After you do an update ( or reset the RC of presets ) to the AC and Or RC you may loose connection between the RC transmitter and the aircraft .  Once you confirm that you have the proper updates on the AC and RC  go to the Remote contol Settings tab on the go app.  go to the bottom and in blue highlight it will say "Linking  Remote Controler".  Before you press that , make sure you can find the Red link button on ther aircraft , it is inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw ,  ( You do NOT have to take anything apart to find it ) may need a flashlight  to see it.  Once you find it have the AC and RC on and press link button on Go app  , you will then have 60  seconds to press the red button on the aircraft, press and hold that button in firmly for about 5 seconds, let go .  You should then have a success box on the go app.   

*****If you get any message that says something like "Confirm Frequency " then more than likely you are not on compatible Firmware on the RC and  it will need to be updated first .  Once you update to a matching ( better term is compatible ) then you can try to relink once again.

Below is a list of Updates and the proper RC  firmware  to make things compatible . ( may not be up to date , I will do my best to edit but it may get slighlty outdated )

3 (Inspire 1)
1.2.0.14 - Jan '15
1.2.0.16 - Feb '15
1.2.0.17 - Mar '15
1.2.1.0 - Apr '15
1.2.1.03 - May '15
1.2.1.06 - May '15
1.3.0.00 - Aug '15
1.4.0.10 - Sept '15
1.5.0.30 - Dec '15
1.6.0.40 - Dec '15 - R/C 1.5.70
1.7.0.90 - Mar '16 - R/C 1.5.80
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.40 - Dec '16. R/C 1.7.60
1.11.01.50 July  '17  R/C 1.7.80

X5 (Inspire Pro)
1.1.0.40 - Nov '15
1.2.0.50 - Dec '15
1.3.0.60 - Dec '15
1.4.0.70 - Mar '16
1.8.1.00 - Apr '16 - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.10 - June '16  - R/C 1.6.0
1.9.1.30 - July '16 - R/C 1.7.40
1.10.1.4.0 - Dec '16 R/C 1.7.60
1.11.01.50 July  -'17 R/C 1.7.80

I hope this helps anyone  with and update challenge  ,  Please add your tips and I will add them to the list.

Sorry if  I repeat myself , I do that sometimes.  If you have any comments or would like to add something to the list , plese let me know .

All the best to you and yours - donnie

[url=]Favorite[/url]
[url=]Like 12[/url]

2016-11-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

This was brought over from the Phantom page ( I started flying quads  with Phantoms )  to help Newbies and there Inspire 1. This will be old news for Veteran Inspire owners.  If you have any tips please share them for other users, remember we were all newbies at one time or another, lets have some patience  for the new forum members and get them up and running to enjoy this great hobby .

donnie   
2016-11-20
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-20 15:32
This was brought over from the Phantom page ( I started flying quads  with Phantoms )  to help  ...

Good to know someone does know how to do things to get all working Very helpful, good job.
May be someone could describe menu functions and manual controls?
2016-11-20
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-11-20 15:07
Good to know someone does know how to do things to get all working Very helpful, good job.
May be ...

check out this link, covers a lot of old stuff but good information .

donnie

https://www.dropbox.com/s/10tozj ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2016-11-21
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-21 11:38
check out this link, covers a lot of old stuff but good information .

donnie

Thanks, I know that guide
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-11-21 05:15
Thanks, I know that guide

How bout this one.....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html
2016-11-21
Use props
AEROKAMERA
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-21 14:25
How bout this one.....

http://forum.dji.com/thread-39893-1-1.html

What's about secret C1/C2 combinations?
2016-11-21
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

AEROKAMERA Posted at 2016-11-21 12:43
What's about secret C1/C2 combinations?

I will look and see if I have a reference for that .

Cheers

donnie

P.S... Love them Polish girls !  
2016-11-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It covers it again nicely Donnie and states the options for not updating too.

Looks like the font is big enough for us older guys

Thanks for refreshing this information because it just keeps coming up (over and over again)  IMO it is better not to put to much into this instruction and the other tips and tricks should be in a difference thread .. such as the C1 and C2 button controls or remote reset etc. people will start going asleep

best to you too buddy
Rich
2016-11-22
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-22 23:22
It covers it again nicely Donnie and states the options for not updating too.

Looks like the font is big enough for us older guys

You always are going to get new members who will struggle.  Hopefully they use the search tool to answer their own questions .

Cheers

donnie
2016-12-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-12-5 05:35
You always are going to get new members who will struggle.  Hopefully they use the search tool to answer their own questions .

Cheers

Well the good news is, the Mavic FW is super easy to deal with now!  I am can assume the Inspire 2 will be the same way, which will eliminate most of these updating issues. The aircraft are complex and the controlling App is also getting to be a very large piece of software.  With all the things DJI is doing and as fast as they are releasing stuff.... hold on my friend its going to be a bumpy ride

My best to you
Rich
2016-12-5
Use props
MJones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Excellent compilation, thank you.

So much for plug and play
Regards,

Mike
2016-12-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

MJones Posted at 2016-12-9 16:14
Excellent compilation, thank you.

So much for plug and play

Mike , it kind of fills in the blanks in the Instruction manual ( there are plenty believe me ) to give a bit more information .  

Cheers -

donnie
2016-12-10
Use props
fans958238a5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60240 ft
Canada

Hi what i do if i upgrated my ac and the remote at the same time. Because nothing working now maybe juste the remote have the new updated. It is the inspire pro and have a issue before with the 1.8 that i never updated. thank
2017-1-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

fans958238a5 Posted at 2017-1-11 18:58
Hi what i do if i upgrated my ac and the remote at the same time. Because nothing working now maybe juste the remote have the new updated. It is the inspire pro and have a issue before with the 1.8 that i never updated. thank

Need more details, what is not working ? If you no longer have connection  between the RC and The AC, AND you are up to date with the Firmware on both of these meaning the AC is version 1.10 and the RC  version 1.7 then you may need to just link the two.  this is done on the Remote control settings on the go app. Before you begin this procedure - Be sure you can find the red button to link, it is on the AC behind the Nose cone  of the AC , behind  top right silver nose cone screw, may need flashlight to find it.It is inside the fuselage , you do not need to remove anything to find it .

Now if you have some other issue , let us know and we will try to solve it.
**** also updating at the same time will not always cause trouble , if you update the AC and have the Rc on it confuses the video module and can corrupt it, this results in no video transmission but all else will work .  Just make sure you dont do that again, hopefully you are either not completely updated or you just need to re link.

donnie

let me know
2017-1-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ttachmentid=8474424
this is for a member requesting the 32 cahnnel update link ....
2017-3-8
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Reading all Donnies information. Thanks a lot.
Yesterday I tried 1.8.0 on the remote and had to see with my own eyes that to doesn't work.
Tried to go back to 1.6.0 but failed. Then tried all your info and failed again.
After a lot of coffee I stumbled on the solution.
With Android app the downgrade option is disabled.
But in the IOS app it is still possible.
So I'm back on 1.6.0.
Keep up the good work.
2017-4-7
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-4-7 13:25
Reading all Donnies information. Thanks a lot.
Yesterday I tried 1.8.0 on the remote and had to see with my own eyes that to doesn't work.
Tried to go back to 1.6.0 but failed. Then tried all your info and failed again.

Oh , interesting regarding the android , Now   question - When you were trying to rollback   was the android device you used ALSO used to update the RC  in the past ? ....OR was the IOS  the one you used to load previous firmware to the RC transmitter.

I just wonder if the previous FW  was still stored on the apple device and you were never able to rollback via the Android because it was never there .

I am always trying to learn to share with others, thanks for the nice comment as well.

donnie
2017-4-8
Use props
InspiredAviator
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4948530 ft
South Africa

Donnie, Thanks for the information. I actually just posted about this discrepancy between the Inspire and controller firmware.

Should have searched further for the answer before posting ;)

Kruger
2017-4-8
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Donnie, in the beginning I did some tests with the Apple Ipad, but for the whole year I only used the Android Nexus II. So everything I did, I did it on the Nexus. Looking in the file system I only saw the 1.8.0 file.
I used the Ipad yesterday for the sole purpose of loading 1.6.0 on my remote. Difference between then and now is that no roll back is anymore possible of the DJI GO, so apparently every step is monitored by the DJI servers. The downgrade of the remote over the Ipad was surely an online affair. Strange that Litchi also suffers of the degraded video of 1.6.0.
2017-4-8
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-4-8 11:29
Donnie, in the beginning I did some tests with the Apple Ipad, but for the whole year I only used the Android Nexus II. So everything I did, I did it on the Nexus. Looking in the file system I only saw the 1.8.0 file.
I used the Ipad yesterday for the sole purpose of loading 1.6.0 on my remote. Difference between then and now is that no roll back is anymore possible of the DJI GO, so apparently every step is monitored by the DJI servers. The downgrade of the remote over the Ipad was surely an online affair. Strange that Litchi also suffers of the degraded video of 1.6.0.

The reason I believe the video degraded for some is because the update of 1.8.1 on the AC and 1.6.0 on the RC increased encryption  and if the Go app you are using does not have enough power or memory  then the video processor can't keep up and crashes.  I have found that if you have a powerful processor on the go app that most individuals dont have problems with video , sure there are some other tweaks you can do  as well if you have a slower go app device  but I find if you get a very  good go app device , you should NOT have trouble.

good luck and thanks for your input

donnie
2017-4-9
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-4-8 11:29

Thanks for sharing this with me .

donnie
2017-7-12
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie,

Absolutely wonderful job putting this "needed" document together!

Thanks Mike
2017-7-12
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

Great info. Exactly where is that relinking button on a P3P? You say "inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw." I'm am not seeing it. Even with a flashlight.
2017-7-12
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

iFlyMyDrone.com Posted at 2017-7-12 18:30
Great info. Exactly where is that relinking button on a P3P? You say "inside the Main fuselage behind the right top silver nose cone screw." I'm am not seeing it. Even with a flashlight.

I am referring to the Inspire 1  ( I should have been more specific and have made the correction ) but on the Phantom 3 - go to this video , at 2.39 he  shows the button and gives directions to link manually ,(I think easier to do it via the Go app  and then just push the link button )

donnie
2017-7-13
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 2017-7-12 09:44
Donnie,

Absolutely wonderful job putting this "needed" document together!

Thanks Mike , had it up for a while but I  bump  it on occasion to help members .

donnie
2017-7-13
Use props
iFlyMyDrone.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-7-13 05:32
I am referring to the Inspire 1  ( I should have been more specific and have made the correction ) but on the Phantom 3 - go to this video , at 2.39 he  shows the button and gives directions to link manually ,(I think easier to do it via the Go app  and then just push the link button )
https://youtu.be/gbnUtL5uctc

That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

TC
2017-7-13
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

iFlyMyDrone.com Posted at 2017-7-13 09:58
That is exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!

TC

Sure , happy to help you out .

donnie
2017-7-13
Use props
Geoff67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
Greece

Excellent Donnie, very much appreciated the effort you put into this for all of us to benefit. Geoff
2017-7-31
Use props
DTSCEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889843 ft
United States

I am new here, so shoot me if I am in the wrong place.  I have been reading for days and tried everything to fix my inspire 1 issue which came after a battery change.  I have the illusive imu / barometer restart error.  I have changed internal SD card, calibrated the compass, calibrated the IMU cold, inside, outside, etc.  My sensor values are dead on, and my imu calibrates fine and sensors show correct values.  The only thing I have read that I can try is to rollback firmware and see if error persists.  But with the IMU being the "controller" for the gimbal, it shuts down part of the camera which throws a separate error as well as prevents me from doing any kind of firmware roll back or upgrade at this point.  The only thing I have done was discuss selling it to get a Mavic, so I wonder if the app that "listens" heard me and retired my bird forcing a new drone into the market.  I bought the unit used, no warranty,  I am posting this in the firmware discussion because I feel the only thing this can be is a corrupted file somewhere.  Curious as to where it is knowing that the SD card is only for flight logs.  Thanks much....

Chad
2017-10-6
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

DTSCEO Posted at 2017-10-6 19:42
I am new here, so shoot me if I am in the wrong place.  I have been reading for days and tried everything to fix my inspire 1 issue which came after a battery change.  I have the illusive imu / barometer restart error.  I have changed internal SD card, calibrated the compass, calibrated the IMU cold, inside, outside, etc.  My sensor values are dead on, and my imu calibrates fine and sensors show correct values.  The only thing I have read that I can try is to rollback firmware and see if error persists.  But with the IMU being the "controller" for the gimbal, it shuts down part of the camera which throws a separate error as well as prevents me from doing any kind of firmware roll back or upgrade at this point.  The only thing I have done was discuss selling it to get a Mavic, so I wonder if the app that "listens" heard me and retired my bird forcing a new drone into the market.  I bought the unit used, no warranty,  I am posting this in the firmware discussion because I feel the only thing this can be is a corrupted file somewhere.  Curious as to where it is knowing that the SD card is only for flight logs.  Thanks much....

Chad

When you purchased it was it working perfectly ?  Can you view live video from the AC to the Go App device ?
What are the other errors that are popping up ?

Let me know

donnie
2017-10-7
Use props
DTSCEO
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-7 04:22
When you purchased it was it working perfectly ?  Can you view live video from the AC to the Go App device ?
What are the other errors that are popping up ?

I can see live video, yes it was working perfectly.  I had like 4 cops surround me in a parking lot and drilled with questions because they had nothing better to do.  Anyways in my being nervous wreck I set up my first waypoint wrong and sent it into a tree.  It was ok and didn't get damaged until the cops shook it down breaking the front camera mount bracket (x5 mount/x3 camera) and a few props.  I made a bracket, and swapped props and replaced the prop mounting hardware just for safe measures.  So i was bragging about how tough this bird is because it's flown fine for 3 weeks.  Flew the other night, no issues, landed, battery change and now a grounded I1.  Thinking about parting it out, 2 TB48's are 6 weeks old. Tb47 is ok, one of the lights quit working on it.  Have a brand new set of t-motor CF props that I never got to use.  My guess is it's the main board opposite side of the battery.   I looked at traces inside the n-module with my 0scope, but without schematics and proper documentation I can't say much other than I know where the firmware is, barometer, compass, lite bridge components and ability to reboot it separately from the FC, can make a reset button to reset the FC if anyone cares to have one.  When I reset mine the tail goes solid green and then a few seconds later back to the multi color controller data error headache.   All my sensors are indicating  they are perfect, but who knows what the IMU startup process looks at besides the obvious.  Its apparent that they have changed that entire process over the life of the a/c.  I used to write code, but gave that up years ago, I do know that they have components that look "cloaked" as in top layer of a handful of ic's machined away to deter reverse engineering I suppose.  They left markings on 2 non volatile 8 bit flash memory chips.  One is 16mb and another 64mb (pretty sure that's where the FW sits).  Also on the LB antenna connectors, actually  the way they are mounted to the ckt board has to be causing a bit of reflection.  Especially at the 2.4 ghz wavelength, component legs that go through the board should be flush as possible, and they look like a mini array of antennas almost.  My scope will not go past 50 mhz, but I can bet SWR can be improved which can greatly increase range.  I used to have access to test equipment that could read standing wave in the microwave ranges as well as oscopes that cost as much as a house.  Anything clocked above say 100 mhz requires test equipment that increases in cost exponentially.  You can get a 1 mhz scope for under $100 and spend $10k on one that can sync to a source up to 1 GHZ.  Sorry to blab but I miss having access to a DSA8300.  Used they are $60k, no hobbyist alive would have one, love it when they were experimenting, and surely sell it if the scope fairy left you one under your pillow.  I ramble when I am frustrated, tis the season to film the fall leaves in the mountains, and my trip cancelled now unless I can sell off enough parts to grab a p4 or mavic.  Anyone want to trade lol...

Chad     
2017-10-7
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

DTSCEO Posted at 2017-10-7 21:12
I can see live video, yes it was working perfectly.  I had like 4 cops surround me in a parking lot and drilled with questions because they had nothing better to do.  Anyways in my being nervous wreck I set up my first waypoint wrong and sent it into a tree.  It was ok and didn't get damaged until the cops shook it down breaking the front camera mount bracket (x5 mount/x3 camera) and a few props.  I made a bracket, and swapped props and replaced the prop mounting hardware just for safe measures.  So i was bragging about how tough this bird is because it's flown fine for 3 weeks.  Flew the other night, no issues, landed, battery change and now a grounded I1.  Thinking about parting it out, 2 TB48's are 6 weeks old. Tb47 is ok, one of the lights quit working on it.  Have a brand new set of t-motor CF props that I never got to use.  My guess is it's the main board opposite side of the battery.   I looked at traces inside the n-module with my 0scope, but without schematics and proper documentation I can't say much other than I know where the firmware is, barometer, compass, lite bridge components and ability to reboot it separately from the FC, can make a reset button to reset the FC if anyone cares to have one.  When I reset mine the tail goes solid green and then a few seconds later back to the multi color controller data error headache.   All my sensors are indicating  they are perfect, but who knows what the IMU startup process looks at besides the obvious.  Its apparent that they have changed that entire process over the life of the a/c.  I used to write code, but gave that up years ago, I do know that they have components that look "cloaked" as in top layer of a handful of ic's machined away to deter reverse engineering I suppose.  They left markings on 2 non volatile 8 bit flash memory chips.  One is 16mb and another 64mb (pretty sure that's where the FW sits).  Also on the LB antenna connectors, actually  the way they are mounted to the ckt board has to be causing a bit of reflection.  Especially at the 2.4 ghz wavelength, component legs that go through the board should be flush as possible, and they look like a mini array of antennas almost.  My scope will not go past 50 mhz, but I can bet SWR can be improved which can greatly increase range.  I used to have access to test equipment that could read standing wave in the microwave ranges as well as oscopes that cost as much as a house.  Anything clocked above say 100 mhz requires test equipment that increases in cost exponentially.  You can get a 1 mhz scope for under $100 and spend $10k on one that can sync to a source up to 1 GHZ.  Sorry to blab but I miss having access to a DSA8300.  Used they are $60k, no hobbyist alive would have one, love it when they were experimenting, and surely sell it if the scope fairy left you one under your pillow.  I ramble when I am frustrated, tis the season to film the fall leaves in the mountains, and my trip cancelled now unless I can sell off enough parts to grab a p4 or mavic.  Anyone want to trade lol...

Chad

Sorry you are having issues , does sound to me like the AC would need to go in for service as it  more than likely is unrepairable without having the proper equipment.  If you do part it out , best of luck but looks like the parts sell pretty well on e bay .

good Luck

donnie
2017-10-8
Use props
DTSCEO
lvl.1
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-10-8 03:50
Sorry you are having issues , does sound to me like the AC would need to go in for service as it  more than likely is unrepairable without having the proper equipment.  If you do part it out , best of luck but looks like the parts sell pretty well on e bay .

good Luck

I have read that people with the same error have sent it in and DJI replaced the main board.  Are they referring to the PDB?  And if so I can get one and throw it in to see how it goes....  I did pull and place a few bats while they were powered on.  And i tell that the area has been stressed as far as the battery pushing into the area because of a tie wrap I didn't realize was causing the battery to push forward.  I used the ac to pull a few pull strings across a 900,000 sqft warehouse and needed a place to attach my levitating no physical contact hook n release system.  I just love magnets, but sensors don't lol.  Has anybody else wired out a reboot switch for lightbridge or the fc?  It is much faster and more specific if your having a certain issue.  I am not one to give up so easily.  Was just wondering if you have actually seen the board up close or know anyone who has some insight as to weather it  could be the issue.  I was and still am the highest scoring overall GPA for the (was Hughes) now Raytheon AN-TPQ36/37 & Modified 36 Enemy Aircraft Locator Systems.  This can not be so hard, and schematics I would imagine are already out there for hardware.  It  is just a matter of time before we get some control over our equipment.  You seem to be the software flow guru and know more about the DJI line up for sure.  Are you component level electronics engineer, or just long time RC hobbyist?  Just curious as I had the idea  to work with anyone to keep the design but adapt an open source FC into the system giving users the ability to develop tools and have control over whats rightfully theirs.  

Just feel like we as Americans  have become mindless consumers, and we invented technology.  We still do, but then we teach it to a country who is possibly one day going to be our enemy and they will win from keyboards, not anything else.  
2017-10-8
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

DTSCEO Posted at 2017-10-8 05:20
I have read that people with the same error have sent it in and DJI replaced the main board.  Are they referring to the PDB?  And if so I can get one and throw it in to see how it goes....  I did pull and place a few bats while they were powered on.  And i tell that the area has been stressed as far as the battery pushing into the area because of a tie wrap I didn't realize was causing the battery to push forward.  I used the ac to pull a few pull strings across a 900,000 sqft warehouse and needed a place to attach my levitating no physical contact hook n release system.  I just love magnets, but sensors don't lol.  Has anybody else wired out a reboot switch for lightbridge or the fc?  It is much faster and more specific if your having a certain issue.  I am not one to give up so easily.  Was just wondering if you have actually seen the board up close or know anyone who has some insight as to weather it  could be the issue.  I was and still am the highest scoring overall GPA for the (was Hughes) now Raytheon AN-TPQ36/37 & Modified 36 Enemy Aircraft Locator Systems.  This can not be so hard, and schematics I would imagine are already out there for hardware.  It  is just a matter of time before we get some control over our equipment.  You seem to be the software flow guru and know more about the DJI line up for sure.  Are you component level electronics engineer, or just long time RC hobbyist?  Just curious as I had the idea  to work with anyone to keep the design but adapt an open source FC into the system giving users the ability to develop tools and have control over whats rightfully theirs.  

Just feel like we as Americans  have become mindless consumers, and we invented technology.  We still do, but then we teach it to a country who is possibly one day going to be our enemy and they will win from keyboards, not anything else.

I agree, many people are not willing to roll up their sleeves to solve problems these days.. I am just a hobbyist that  has some technical ability that is all from my own perseverance, so NO degree in electronics or anything like that .  As far as the Master board I don't know where you could get one and the bigger problem would be programming it once installed , this would involve specialized tools.

I think you would need to send it in for evaluation   for proper repair .  I don't like to send things in either or give up that quick but in your case I see No choice

god luck

donnie
2017-10-9
Use props
fans46953ebc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 765233 ft
Netherlands

Donnie. Yesterday i did the up-date from 1.8 (AC) to the latest version. including the remote. I followed every step and i worked very well for me. Today i flew without problems. Keep up the good work and many thanks.
Marcel (Amsterdam, Holland)
2017-10-16
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

fans46953ebc Posted at 2017-10-16 09:24
Donnie. Yesterday i did the up-date from 1.8 (AC) to the latest version. including the remote. I followed every step and i worked very well for me. Today i flew without problems. Keep up the good work and many thanks.
Marcel (Amsterdam, Holland)

Great, glad I could be of some assistance .

donnie
2017-10-17
Use props
VFX Guy
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone run into this; trying to update to the current AC firmware I get nothing but a blinking yellow light on the back of my Inspire 1 Raw.  It's almost as if it's not seeing the sd card.  I've gone back and used different cards, reformatted them and made sure nothing but the .bin file was on the card, and still nothing.  Called DJI and they recommended relinking the remote, I did but it had no effect on my updating problem.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get my Inspire to the current firmware?

Thanks,
Niel
2017-12-12
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
United States

VFX Guy Posted at 2017-12-12 17:36
Has anyone run into this; trying to update to the current AC firmware I get nothing but a blinking yellow light on the back of my Inspire 1 Raw.  It's almost as if it's not seeing the sd card.  I've gone back and used different cards, reformatted them and made sure nothing but the .bin file was on the card, and still nothing.  Called DJI and they recommended relinking the remote, I did but it had no effect on my updating problem.  Anyone have any ideas on how to get my Inspire to the current firmware?

Thanks,

Make sure you are choosing the Firmware for the Inspire Pro  X5 raw , the firmware page defaults to the X3 firmware and you need to pick the Pro with X5 raw from  the Product select box that is above the Firmware  downloads selection . go to the Inspire page of firmware downlads and look at it and find the "PRODUCT SELECT " in a box outline at the top of the Firmware downlads section .

I have seen this be the problem many times .

donnie

2017-12-13
Use props
VFX Guy
lvl.2
United States

Donnie,

You nailed it.  That was exactly the problem.  Thanks a lot!!!

Niel
2017-12-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules