Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does iPhone need internet access to fly?
1029 2 2016-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spiderpig
lvl.1

United States

So still waiting on my Mavic and read the manual several times already.  Also been watching every setup video and all the crashes to try to avoid those when I get mine.  So I started looking into how to record my DJI Go app from my iphone so I have another record of the flight in case something happens to the Mavic.  I found an app called AirServer which I can mirror my iphone image to my Macbook Pro and record.  It usually requires bouncing off a wifi signal, but with the MAcbook Pro I was thinking about just createing an ad-hoc network between my iphone and the macbook pro - which means the iphone would have no interent connectivity.  Would this work?  Or does the iphone need internet access during the flight?

Couple other quick questions:
1)  Is there a website for a drone enthueist group to find like minded drone flyers in my area?  Would like to get together with others to improve my flying skills and aerial photography skills.
2)  Can the Mavic handle winter conditions?  I could see its tracking abitlities really useful for skiing and sledding, but wanted to make sure before I attempted it.
3)  Since we don't have access to the simulator until the drone actually arrives, is the any recommendaton on commercially avaialble drone simulators?  I have the Great Planes Real Flight Drone and 7.5 and have been practicing with that.  But wasn't sure if there was something more DJI specific.4)  Can the controller hold a iphone 7 with a otterbox on it?  Seems like most vidoes I see are people have their iphones without a case.  I'm very protective of my iphone and don't want to take it out of the case.

Thanks in advance guys.

2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You could check the info on the website or manual, the operating temperature is 0 ℃to 40 ℃.
If you fly in a low temperature, please check the notice attached.
You could run the simulator when you receive it, hope you will get it soon
The Supported Mobile Device Size: Thickness Supported:6.5-8.5mm; Max length: 160mm.
At last, there is no need to access internet when flying.
T.png
2016-11-23
Use props
Spiderpig
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-23 06:12
You could check the info on the website or manual, the operating temperature is 0 ℃to 40 ℃.
If yo ...

Thanks for the information.  Still waiting here.

Will have to use an old iPhone 6 then since my iphone 7 never leaves it's otter box case.  
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules