Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Romulus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612608 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi everybody,

today i had my first outdoor flight with my new Mavic Pro and i had extreme problems with failed connections between the Mavic and the RC-Controller with my iPhone 7 Plus.

First time i stood only a few meters (4-5m, Mavic was not in the air!) beside the Mavic and the RC-Controller lost the video connetion to the Mavic. After i checked the connetion of the lightning cable and reconneted it i got a connetion after a while. Then a few minutes later the same again (the Mavic was up in the air, some hundred meters - about 200-300m - away). Connetion was lost and i had no video signal. The DJI Go App asked me to start the Return to Home procedure. I checked and reconnected the lightning cable. After a while the video signal was back again i flew back to the start point.

I read something in the internet that the delivered DJI Micro-USB to Lightning cable has a problem and the most people have good experience with a normal USB to Lightning cable connected to the lower USB port.

Has anyone a similar problem with the connetion? Now i ordered a new Micro USB to Lightning cable in hope to get rid of this problem.  

Greetings
Roman

2016-11-20
Use props
Visualkaos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

check your phone port.  Sometimes they get stuff in there that prevents a good connection.  I have used a tooth brush that is just very lightly damp and it cleans it out. Hopefully its just something simple like this.  Good luck
2016-11-20
Use props
fans8fd6f042
New
Flight distance : 10200 ft
Australia

Hi, yes I have the same issue.  I only just received the drone and for the first 4 flights it did the same thing.  during the flight the video link would go black and from memory the flight data seemed frozen.  Luckily I could see the drone and landed it.  I turned off the battery (Mavic) and the DJI Go app indicated it had lost comms with drone.  re-started Mavic and the video link came back up.  It did this several times during the day.  I have just sent emails to DJI support and awaiting any feedback.  I'm using an iPhone 7.  On one of the flights I did get the same message as you, asking to activate the Return to Home process.
2016-11-20
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

I do not understand why you think this has anything to do with the phone. If you are flying in RC mode with the controller, then the signal is between the controller and the drone. You do not even need a phone to fly. If you are having connection issues, it has nothing to do with the phone or connecting cable.
You might want to ensure your antennae are positioned properly.
2016-11-20
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

Just got back from a flight and mine did the same thing. iPhone 7 lost video constantly. did however get a msg saying strong wireless interference so I'm guessing this was the problem (in the settings it said gimbal disconnected). I'm not sure what wireless interference it could have been, i was at a Dam which was pretty remote. Drone still flew no problems. Just restarted the app and it would connect again.
About to download video and see if that was affected but doubt it.
2016-11-20
Use props
dotfiles
lvl.3

United States

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-21 07:34
I do not understand why you think this has anything to do with the phone. If you are flying in RC mo ...

Why would you rule out the connecting cable in this scenario? There have been multiple posts about people receiving faults cables from DJI with their Mavic controllers. OP I would try reinstalling the DJI Go App as well as making sure all your firmware is up to date. Then definitely try out that new cable when it arrives. You can use a spare lightning cable in the mean time if you have one laying around that is USB to lightning.
2016-11-20
Use props
DaveAus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100807 ft
Australia

I just did a follow up test. Came home after having the same issues i mentioned and did a test flight from my house. No issues whatsoever. Would suggest something environmental is causing this problem.
2016-11-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify the current firmware version?
Please let us know if change a new original cable works.
2016-11-21
Use props
clarksbrother
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

4 test flights here so far. Generally, no critical issues. Calibrated IMU/Compass meticulously. Updated firmware across the board to the latest everything (1.0.2.9 or something like that). Had one instance where when I did my initial connection, I got the wireless interference warning. Powered down, restarted, and it did not reappear. I was in reasonably close proximity to high tension power lines so I cannot discount that being the issue. Generally, performs as advertised, no immediate issues to speak of.
2016-11-21
Use props
fansbb5b373a
lvl.1

Italy

if the problem is the cable... can you try with a different cable?

i don't think you need to refresh the firmware or make a new imu calibration... is only a cable connection problem from rc to iphone

2016-11-21
Use props
DenHvideHund
lvl.1

Denmark

I have similar problems.

Hook up phone with cable. Start the DJI Go App. Turn on RC and turn on Mavic. Everything looks good. Then just sitting there, ready to fly, app changes to DJI Disconnect and Mavic blinks yellow.

Ok, turn everything off and again. Rinse and repeat. Now everything is ok. Start flying and then I get battery error mid flight. It did however kept flying.

I have had many of these disconnects and often, if not EVERY time, it was in very close prox. with the RC. Wonder if there's a recommended minimum distance between the Mavic and the RC ?

I have to admit, that I have been getting a lot of DJI Disconnects lately and it kinda spoils the experience a lot for me, since I'm very worried to fly how I really want to, because of the chance of something just screws up mid flight.

My phone is a Nexus 6p. The Mavic records in 4k/30 D-Log (if it has anything to say).
2016-11-21
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

I've been using i7 plus without any problems.  
2016-11-21
Use props
DigiMav
lvl.1
United States

DenHvideHund Posted at 2016-11-21 05:20
I have similar problems.

Hook up phone with cable. Start the DJI Go App. Turn on RC and turn on Mav ...

I have had this exact same issue. Go through the entire startup procedure, Ready To Go then after a few seconds I get a Disconnected message in the DJI app. I restart everything and it seems fine. Launch the Mavic and in-flight the app is disconnected and I appear to still have control of the aircraft but I really don't. Stick movements are unresponsive and the Mavic appears to be moving on its own. The DJI app reconnects and then it and the rc tell me its in landing mode. This problem is very erratic. I have been getting the battery error and wireless interference error off and on as well. I'm afraid to fly my drone more than 300 feet from my position for fear it won't return. I have NEVER had this issue with my P4 and as much as I love the Mavic's hardware and portability profile I am having serious buyers remorse concerning its performance and reliability as a drone platform. I am running the latest firmware all around including the RC, Drone and Batteries! DJI you really need to fix these systemic errors or provide a reasonable out for all of us! Oh and I'm using a Nexus 6p running Android Nougat 7.0. When the Mavic is behaving as it should its a joy to behold but there are a lot more sphincter spasming  moments than needed with this model!
2016-11-21
Use props
DenHvideHund
lvl.1

Denmark

DigiMav Posted at 2016-11-22 03:04
I have had this exact same issue. Go through the entire startup procedure, Ready To Go then after a ...

I hope someone at DJI will look into this. Mavic's are beginning to be received by more and more and with those disconnects I'm sure we will see a lot more writing about this problem.

I'm interested in finding out what we, the "disconnecters", have in common. Maybe it's related to which recording mode you are in. I'm saying this because I saw an older post about someone asking why downlink video only was 720p, when recording in 4k. The answer was that the Mavic was already maxed out recording in this mode, so there's no processing power to downlink more than 720. This caught my attention and even though I havn't tested the "disconnects" in let's say 1080p or 2,7k it could be interesting to know if the disconnects are related to the Mavic already being maxed out, processing wise on 4k and perhaps that can lead to it being unresponsive and loosing it's link.

I will be trying to make a few tests on lower recording resolutions, to see if it changes it behavior.

So here goes:

Recording: 4k/30 fps NTSC
Recording mode: D-Log
Phone: Nexus 6p
Default cable from the kit: Yes
Firmware latest version.
2016-11-22
Use props
inFLIGHT
lvl.1
Czechia

DenHvideHund Posted at 2016-11-21 14:20
I have similar problems.

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms. Same phone as well.

I have installed GO 4.0 and will hope that it helps.
2016-12-4
Use props
inFLIGHT
lvl.1
Czechia

DenHvideHund Posted at 2016-11-21 14:20
I have similar problems.

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms. Same phone as well.

I have installed GO 4.0 and will hope that it helps.
2016-12-4
Use props
Michael1508
New

Germany

have the same issue with the iphone 7 . i restart the dji go app on the phone (in flight) which mostly brings back the signal . sometimes its stable for minutes sometimes gets right after starting all devices. anyone got an answer from the dji guys ?
2016-12-4
Use props
fans5b11356d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112001 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-74026-1-1.html

Similar issues elsewhere. This is sounding more and more like a rushed bit of hardware---some official DJI information and support would be nice
2016-12-4
Use props
xavier_fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505801 ft
France

DJI support message about iPhone 7 :

Iphone 7 is not compatible , it is not in the liste

APP / LIVE VIEW

Version iOS v3.1.0 . Nécessite iOS 8.0 ou ultérieure. Compatible avec iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + mobile, iPad mini 4, et iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + mobile. Cette application est optimisée pour iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, et iPhone 6s Plus.

Version Android v3.1.0. Nécessite Android 4.1.2 ou ultérieure.Compatible avec Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini,Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

I am sorry to tell you this mobile device is not supported, as it is not supported we can’t guarantee it will function without issues. In order to have it work properly please try one of the following devices.
2016-12-6
Use props
xavier_fr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505801 ft
France

same issue with my iPhone 7... video lost after a few seconds/minutes
2016-12-6
Use props
Vin829
lvl.2

United States

I'm sure it's not all iPhone 7s. Will be fixed with a firmware update
2016-12-6
Use props
moof31
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Got the same problem with same iPhone, DJI Go 4 seems to have solved the problem. I also got before lost video stream.
2016-12-6
Use props
fanscaf8c7ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 528376 ft
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue with my mavic and iPhone 6s, running Go 4. Frequent video signal lost and complete disconnect. It's an issue between controller and phone I think, as the remote itself still shows a good signal. I suspect it could be either the cable or the port on the phone having a bad connection. But I've never had the problem on the P3P with the same phone.
2016-12-11
Use props
ygos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124446 ft
Belgium

I have the same problem for almost for 4 weeks now. Installed the latest DJI GO 4 app (4.0.0) on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 10.1.1). The Mavic Pro (and remote controller) has the latest firmware v.01.03.000.
First I tried a new DJI rc cable but that did not help. Then DJI changed my remote for a new one, still the same problem. When the connection gets lost I push the home button on the iPhone and restart the DJI Go app or I unplug the rc cable and plug it back (micro USB port on remote). This resumes the connection between the iPhone and the remote controller but for a very short time (sometimes only a few seconds, sometimes 10 minutes).
When it reconnects the iPhone vibrates just like connecting to the power adapter to charge the iPhone. I even tried to delete all the logs and DJI Go app and to reinstall everything but that did not help.
The only solution till now that is stable is to use the lightning cable that came with the iPhone and connect it to the regular USB port on the remote. I also tried to use a griffin brand lightning cable (Apple MFI certified) and got the same problems.
I believe this is software/firmware problem. I hope DJI will find a solution so we can use the supplied rc cable that came with the drone.
2016-12-11
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

My iPhone 7 disconnected  video as well right after I updated to new firmware. I still had control or my mavic just no info on the phone. I don't think it's a cable problem. I started litchi and it connected no problem. Must be a bug in the firmware. I hope dji will get on it.
2016-12-11
Use props
Adanggas
lvl.2

Canada

Double post deleted
2016-12-11
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
Germany

Hej have the same Problems here But on an Iphone 6S newest update.

With DJI GO App 4
with DJI GO App 3
The Ligthing Conector
The Small Usb to Ligthning Conector

I reinstalled latest Firmware to the Mavik and RC and to the Iphone twice
Did an new IMU Callibration

Some times it happen afther 10 min sometimes afther 30 sec steel the same screen went grey and and the Mavic want RTH if its in the Air

When I restart App the Picture is back for 2-4 sec than it gets Black ore grey again sometimes the Phone ore the RC is Vibrating.  

Lost live Feed / RTH

PLZ help so the Mavic is not Flyable !!!!!
2016-12-11
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

Any news on this Problem ?

Afther an Factory reset Firmware Down and upgreat it steel happen to my Mavik

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
No help from The suport they said may it is an app problem That help at all !!!!!

all the best
2016-12-13
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

DigiMav Posted at 2016-11-21 20:04
I have had this exact same issue. Go through the entire startup procedure, Ready To Go then after a few seconds I get a Disconnected message in the DJI app. I restart everything and it seems fine. Launch the Mavic and in-flight the app is disconnected and I appear to still have control of the aircraft but I really don't. Stick movements are unresponsive and the Mavic appears to be moving on its own. The DJI app reconnects and then it and the rc tell me its in landing mode. This problem is very erratic. I have been getting the battery error and wireless interference error off and on as well. I'm afraid to fly my drone more than 300 feet from my position for fear it won't return. I have NEVER had this issue with my P4 and as much as I love the Mavic's hardware and portability profile I am having serious buyers remorse concerning its performance and reliability as a drone platform. I am running the latest firmware all around including the RC, Drone and Batteries! DJI you really need to fix these systemic errors or provide a reasonable out for all of us! Oh and I'm using a Nexus 6p running Android Nougat 7.0. When the Mavic is behaving as it should its a joy to behold but there are a lot more sphincter spasming  moments than needed with this model!

I have been having the exact same issue as well.  I decided to return it to DJI for repairs since it was happening so often and phone support had no idea what to do.  
Maybe they will be able to figure this out when they tear into the guts of the device.  

Edit:
I am using a Pixel XL, default cable, latest firmware DJI GO and DJI GO 4
2016-12-13
Use props
cmd.rewen
lvl.1
Germany

Does any one here had any luck to fix this Problem ???
2016-12-13
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

cmd.rewen Posted at 2016-12-13 13:56
Does any one here had any luck to fix this Problem ???

I just received word back from DJI regarding my repairs.  It looks like they are replacing the "core board" under warranty.
I should have it back next week and will let you guys know how it works.
2016-12-17
Use props
RolandM
lvl.1

Germany

Got the same problem with same iPhone 6+, newest firmware. Got the Mavic yesterday, lost connection on the first flight:-(.
2016-12-17
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

RolandM Posted at 2016-12-17 10:52
Got the same problem with same iPhone 6+, newest firmware. Got the Mavic yesterday, lost connection on the first flight:-(.

It is looking as if this problem may not be phone specific.  In this thread alone, there are at least 5 different phones exhibiting this issue.  DJI is replacing my "core board" whatever that is.  Hopefully, this will correct the issue.  
2016-12-17
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-21 06:48
Could you please clarify the current firmware version?
Please let us know if change a new original cable works.

Mindy,
I just received notice from DJI that they are replacing my "Core Board"  What is this?  Is it part o the controller or Mavic itself?
2016-12-17
Use props
Paw1985dk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 201480 ft
Denmark

I have the same problem, also using my iPhone 7, it randomly disconnects, even when it is on my table right beside me, i had a Samsung S6 before using the old DJI App, and i never seen that disconnect, so seems to be a iPhone Problem or app problem.
2016-12-17
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Paw1985dk Posted at 2016-12-17 15:57
I have the same problem, also using my iPhone 7, it randomly disconnects, even when it is on my table right beside me, i had a Samsung S6 before using the old DJI App, and i never seen that disconnect, so seems to be a iPhone Problem or app problem.

This is not a phone issue.

2016-12-17
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Paw1985dk Posted at 2016-12-17 15:57

Did you even bother to read my post, none the less the rest of this thread?  

I weep for humanity....
2016-12-17
Use props
Paw1985dk
lvl.1
Denmark

CivEngPE Posted at 2016-12-17 22:55
Did you even bother to read my post, not he less the rest of this thread?  

I weep for humanity....

The point was i did NOT! have the same problem with my Samsung S6, only with my iPhone.
2016-12-17
Use props
CivEngPE
lvl.2

United States

Paw1985dk Posted at 2016-12-17 17:15
The point was i did NOT! have the same problem with my Samsung S6, only with my iPhone.

Did you also have issues with the controller connecting with the Mavic?  Or did you just have a couple of app crashes with your IPhone 7 and decide you needed to post in this thread?  
2016-12-17
Use props
Paw1985dk
lvl.1
Denmark

CivEngPE Posted at 2016-12-17 23:34
Did you also have issues with the controller connecting with the Mavic?  Or did you just have a couple of app crashes with your IPhone 7 and decide you needed to post in this thread?

The controller does not lose connection to the mavic, but the phone lose control to the camera, and i have to press home button and resume or i have to exit app and reopen, like many other in this threat.
2016-12-17
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules