Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Prob - SUNBURN! - Brisbane, Australia - Manly Harbour 4K
1386 9 2016-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

Hi guys,

I've found a pretty big problem with the Mavic.....SUNBURN
I went down to the water last week and burned through 3 batteries having fun over a marina and didn't put any sunscreen on lol

I did a bit of filming around Manly Boat Harbour which is a suburb of Brisbane here in Australia. Filmed straight out of the Mavic, shot at 4K 25FPS auto exposure using sunny white balance and D-Cinelike mode.

My first go at doing a little movie so I have pretty much no film making experience. Some shots were quite challenging, especially as I was flying towards myself and had to remember to use the controls differently.
One thing I took away from it all is to try to be as super smooth in your inputs so the finished result looks nice, and to have interesting pans, height changes etc. I had to learn Premier Pro CC as I went.

I'll try Log mode next and try grading.....

I wanted you guys to be able to watch in 4K so I uploaded it at a bitrate of 85Mbps.

Comments welcomed!
Enjoy!

2016-11-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fun.... thanks for sharing

Nice to be having summer weather down under     Cold and rainy here in Oregon

Rich
2016-11-21
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks Rich :-)
2016-11-21
Use props
4wesomeAdam
Second Officer
United States

"Some shots were quite challenging, especially as I was flying towards myself and had to remember to use the controls differently."

Try turning your back and looking over your shoulder or watch from a 45 degree angle or so with your head turned. I am mildly dyslexic and used this stance when I drove my R/C cars when I was younger. Now you have to buy the solar powered floppy hat from DJI to protect against the sunburn.
2016-11-22
Use props
HenRock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35020 ft
United States

would have never guess that was your first lil movie. good job. What software did you use to add the music over the video ?
2016-11-22
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

Thanks for the tip 4wesomeAda.

HenRock, I used Adobe Premier Pro CC
2016-11-22
Use props
cluc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Noice!

Would be good to take some shots in Hamilton Island.
2016-11-22
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

The airport would make that a little hard
2016-11-22
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

The good thing about FPV (looking at your screen) is that you don't need to think about the orientation of the drone, just fly as you see it on the screen
How people fly planes etc line of sight I don't know!

I fly racing drones, mini wings and stable camera drones, none of which I would bother with unless it had FPV. Ye Auld farts would call me lazy ... but I find it more enjoyable. That being said though, a camera drone does need some level of line of sight to frame shots and keep obstacles out of your path ...
2016-11-22
Use props
Homerlovesbeer
lvl.3

Australia

Yes the screen does make it easy.....viewing in bright sunlight can be an issue though.
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules