12362 23 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Krede
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3330 ft

Denmark

Hi guys

does DJI Refresh and normal warranty work worldwide?

I am moving around quite a lot and would hate to cut my vacation short or have to fly back to the country of purchase to have it serviced or replaced.

And besides that there is a price difference of about 360$ depending if I buy it in Europe or US :-O

2016-11-22
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

This has been asked before, and the answer was the warranty is specific to the country it was purchased from.
If you buy from the US you will have to ship it back to the US, also they will only ship the repaired unit to a US address.
You are much better off buying from your own country DJI store, as otherwise you may have to pay tax and import duty on top of the price.
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Agree with Harbourside, you could also check the details on DJI official website: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2016-11-23
Use props
Krede
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-23 10:44
Agree with Harbourside, you could also check the details on DJI official website: http://www.dji.com ...

I did ask DJI but they did not give a clear answer.
2016-11-23
Use props
Krede
lvl.1

Denmark

Harbourside Posted at 2016-11-22 17:04
This has been asked before, and the answer was the warranty is specific to the country it was purcha ...

does this also go for the DJI Care Refresh?
If this is the case it is of no use for me when travelling the globe and having to return to place of purchase to use the services - then it makes more sense to buy it where it is the cheapest because I will not be able to have it serviced any way
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Krede Posted at 2016-11-24 14:03
does this also go for the DJI Care Refresh?
If this is the case it is of no use for me when travel ...

At the moment, DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage. For example, if you purchased your DJI Care Refresh in the US, you can only replace your product at an official US service center.
You could get the info on this website (FAQ #11): http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s4
2016-11-23
Use props
Krede
lvl.1

Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-24 08:02
At the moment, DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage. For example, if you purch ...

hmm that's too bad and I guess there is no reason to purchase DJI Care Refresh then - at least not for me.
any ways to justify the huge price difference between US and EU?
2016-11-24
Use props
Chappy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-24 07:02
At the moment, DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage. For example, if you purch ...

Hi Natalia,

Could you purchase the Mavic in the USA but then purchase the care refresh from another country?
2016-11-24
Use props
Will_UK
lvl.2

United Kingdom

What about a drone purchased in the US but DJI Care Refresh registed in the UK?
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Will_UK Posted at 2016-11-24 21:46
What about a drone purchased in the US but DJI Care Refresh registed in the UK?

If you bought the drone in US, then you can enjoy the standard warranty for the drone in US.
While if you buy DJI Care Refresh in UK, then you can enjoy the Care Refresh service in UK only.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Chappy Posted at 2016-11-24 21:28
Hi Natalia,

Could you purchase the Mavic in the USA but then purchase the care refresh from anoth ...

Yes, you can.
But you will only get the care refresh service in which country you buy it.
2016-11-27
Use props
MavicUser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 431417 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 19:00
Yes, you can.
But you will only get the care refresh service in which country you buy it.

@DJI Natalia, I just want to clarify one point with regards to Refresh Care... If I bring the Mavic on vacation to another country and it unfortunately crashed, but can be recovered... I assume that I can activate Refresh Care when I return to my home country?  i.e. it doesn't matter if you crash the Mavic in another country, just that you can only activate Refresh Care in the country you buy it..
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MavicUser Posted at 2016-11-28 11:13
@DJI Natalia, I just want to clarify one point with regards to Refresh Care... If I bring the Mavic ...

It does not matter where it's crashed, if it's covered by care refresh, then you can obtain the care refresh service in the country you buy it.

Please check more information on the website: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s1
· Brand-new and unactivated product.
· Activated less than 48 hours.
2016-11-27
Use props
singhalkatha
New

India

Harbourside Posted at 2016-11-22 08:04
This has been asked before, and the answer was the warranty is specific to the country it was purchased from.
If you buy from the US you will have to ship it back to the US, also they will only ship the repaired unit to a US address.
You are much better off buying from your own country DJI store, as otherwise you may have to pay tax and import duty on top of the price.

Hi Natalia,

I plan to buy a Mavic Pro in India where there is no warranty coverage and nor do we get a bill but these are authorised dealers of DJI.
i have 2 questions.
1) Does the warranty start with the registration/activation of the product OR a bill is required to claim warranty?
2) My family lives in USA and i frequently  travel there. Will i get warranty in USA for a drone purchased in India, as we dont get warranty covered in INDIA anyways.

Warranty for DJI in india is a paid service*

Regards,
Aakash.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

singhalkatha Posted at 2017-10-26 18:41
Hi Natalia,

I plan to buy a Mavic Pro in India where there is no warranty coverage and nor do we get a bill but these are authorised dealers of DJI.

You can't get warranty in the USA if you purchase the drone in India. Personally speaking, I would recommend you purchase the drone from an authorized dealer in the USA if you want to claim warranty service there.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans8230dccd
lvl.1
Vietnam

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 22:09
It does not matter where it's crashed, if it's covered by care refresh, then you can obtain the care refresh service in the country you buy it.

Please check more information on the website: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s1

Hi guys!
I purchased my Mavic Pro Platinum last month with the Dji refresh, all in U.S., activated and good till 2019.
I’m traveling in Vietnam now. I crashed it this morning, it fell on the ground then rolled into a pond. I was able to get the drone out of the water so I can send it to Dji. I don’t think I’ll try to turn it back on to see if it’s workingbecause I don’t feel safe to do so. I have several questions.
1. Does the Dji refresh cover the drone crash out of the country?
2. Do I have to send the drone to them immediately or I can wait till I’m back to U.S. in March.
Thank you!
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No such thing as DJI international warranty - just national within the country where purchased.
2018-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

United States

Unfortunately, DJI services are not suitable for globetrotters.
2018-2-11
Use props
fansa55448ba
New

Australia

So if I’will buy Mavic Air in Australia ,but I will be back in Italy in the next few months, it’s better if I buy a mavic care refresh on line and select Italy one? Thanks
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansa55448ba Posted at 2018-2-12 20:48
So if I’will buy Mavic Air in Australia ,but I will be back in Italy in the next few months, it’s better if I buy a mavic care refresh on line and select Italy one? Thanks

That is correct, so that you may request to use DJI Care Refresh when you are in Europe.
2018-2-14
Use props
minimoo
lvl.1
Australia

Seriously the whole concept of the products is about "travel and record amazing videos" and they refuse to adopt international warranty. I even purchased my gimbal oversea (without realising this) and now I have to pay for almost half of the brand new product cost because the product was DEFECTED from the beginning. What a joke
2018-2-27
Use props
fans0e2e476a
New

Greece

Hi guys i am from Greece.I bought a Mavic Pro from company called Tomtop.The company is registered in China but the product came from Germany.I got the Mavic yesterday and today I bought the 99 dollars insurance package. Unfortunately today before an hours I drowned it  in the sea water.The water is very deep and I stand no chance finding it.Will DJI replace my drone for free? Is it a problem that the drone was bought from China send from Germany and received in Greece.Your help will be extremely valuable to me I am so upset.Thank you
2018-3-11
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

fans0e2e476a Posted at 2018-3-11 06:29
Hi guys i am from Greece.I bought a Mavic Pro from company called Tomtop.The company is registered in China but the product came from Germany.I got the Mavic yesterday and today I bought the 99 dollars insurance package. Unfortunately today before an hours I drowned it  in the sea water.The water is very deep and I stand no chance finding it.Will DJI replace my drone for free? Is it a problem that the drone was bought from China send from Germany and received in Greece.Your help will be extremely valuable to me I am so upset.Thank you

You need to send the drone back for a Care Refresh, no drone to send back, no refresh....
2018-3-11
Use props
fans0e2e476a
New

Greece

Hello yesterday I received my Mavic pro I had purchased it from a TOMTOP company located in China but the item was shipped out to me here in Greece from Germany I bought insurance this morning $99 and three hours later I drowned it in the sea water unfortunately I couldn’t get hold of the drone because the water was very deep. what am I supposed to do In order to check and see if I have coverage over this accident remember that the company that sold it to me is located in China the item was shipped out from Germany and I am registered in Greece and thats where the accident happened,will I be covered or I am totally lost? thank you, your help will be appreciated.
2018-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules