Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Exchange Time
1496 5 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8BByCvKf190r
New

United States

Hi Mavic Forum,

A story about an exchange for those of you interested: I posted on mavicpilots about an error I was getting on my brand new mavic immediately after takeoff (on every flight ever). I contacted support immediately. After hours of troubleshooting over chat (including sending a video of the error) and being instructed to return the Mavic for exchange, I was told I would receive a replacement in 1-2 weeks.  That was two weeks ago.  When I checked in today, they confirmed that they had it and said a replacement is coming.  "Maybe in 4-5 days" is what they said.  So that means the full exchange time will be 3-4 weeks, once you factor in the slow shipping from the west coast to the east coast (assuming they use the shipping that they used for the exchange).  I also asked if it would be a refurbished unit.  The rep said that s/he didn't know.  I sure hope it isn't.  I ordered in the first 24 hours, and it looks like I won't have a Mavic until the beginning of December at the earliest.  It'll be an even bigger bummer if it's refurbished.  Just another reason to buy from the Apple store, if you still haven't bought from DJI.  Live and learn ...

(Also, wouldn't DJI be hugely incentivized to provide at least as good service as their resellers?  I assume they have a higher margin on direct sales, and they have to take back any returned stock from resellers, right?  So what's the deal with the mediocre service?)

2016-11-22
Use props
andersonn
lvl.1

United States

Mediocre service seems to be the standard with DJI.  Everytime I get on this forum all there is is people saying how bad the service is, how if you get to talk to someone it's nothing but a hassle to get anything taken care of.  Selling my Mavic whenever it shows up is starting to sound like a better idea with every forum visit.  
2016-11-22
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

I'm not sure why that's a reason to buy from Apple...  You may be able to return it, but good luck getting an exchange when only some stores received 1-3 Mavic Pros for 3 days last week, and none since Thursday.
2016-11-22
Use props
Mooney
lvl.4

United States

Schwavic Posted at 2016-11-22 07:11
I'm not sure why that's a reason to buy from Apple...  You may be able to return it, but good luck g ...

Agree.

I love Apple's customer service, however I don't see how they could help any quicker.  
2016-11-22
Use props
philosodrone
New

United States

This story just got weirder.  I just received an email from support with a coupon code for "100% off the price of a Mavic pro".  They didn't explain or anything.  It was just the coupon code with an explanation of how to use it.  I wonder if that means they expect me to order a new one to replace the original.  I also wonder if that means I'll be at the back of the line despite having ordered within 24 hours of launch ...

I emailed them back, but of course, I don't expect to hear back for a while ...
2016-11-28
Use props
XlIGgsVgVnJg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133314 ft
United Kingdom

What happened?
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules