5219 16 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
N0N4M3pl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48330 ft
Poland

Hi.

I just get my Mavic and have some problem.
After connecting phone to controller anr turnig it on, controller is charging my phone :-(.
I tried changing settings in phone (connection type: phones or files), disable/enalbe USB debugging.
I searched DJI go app and tried find some settings - no success.
My phone is android, all firmware, dji go updated yestarday.
I connected phone using left small port and tried using bottom large usb port

Can somebody help me?

Anybody have same problem?
2016-11-22
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think that's just how they work, just have your phone charged before connecting and you won't have to worry about it draining the rc's battery.
2016-11-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It apparently will give a very slow charge nothing to worry about...
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as hallmark007 mentioned,  you don't need to worry about it.
2016-11-22
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My concern is the other way around. My device is draining the controller!!
Unlike the P3/P4 GLXXX controllers, the mavic's rc controller battery is tiny.
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-11-23 13:28
My concern is the other way around. My device is draining the controller!!
Unlike the P3/P4 GLXXX c ...

Before the flight, please double check all devices and make sure all are fully-charged, including battery, remote and mobile device.
2016-11-23
Use props
dana5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

If your phone is charged before flight, like the controller and flight battery, then there will be little drain. It will just assist the phone. The additional drain on the controller should be minimal. If not, then your phone's battery is probably bad. Or, your phone is a Samsung (yuck) which are prone to charging controller problems inside the phone.
2016-11-23
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

If your Android phone is rooted try : "Disable ADB USB Charging ROOT"
See: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... mantya.stopcharging
2016-11-23
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

dana5 Posted at 2016-11-23 23:45
If your phone is charged before flight, like the controller and flight battery, then there will be l ...

S7 edge.. 3 months old..
2016-11-23
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-23 20:01
Before the flight, please double check all devices and make sure all are fully-charged, including  ...

It will make no difference with a fully charged phone. The screen on the phone will chew up phones battery and the controller will start charging the phone instantly. This will drain the controller. Only way around is to use the Mavic Battery bank adaptor and charge the controller when you are no where a power source.

2016-11-23
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
Ireland

Rather than repost - can I give a link to my findings here so the DJI admins wont miss them...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=552666

But summary: I can see the I'm getting Half the life when using Android over IOS - I measured time to discharge and the actual electrical current draw on the wire from the remote for IOS and Android phones.

Id prefer to use Android but the battery wastes so fast - Thanks for any help!
2017-1-31
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

n03l Posted at 2016-11-23 04:54
If your Android phone is rooted try : "Disable ADB USB Charging ROOT"
See: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.bramantya.stopcharging

Has anyone else tried this suggestion?

It is very bothersome to have the phone chewing on the RC battery and no way of turning that .45A drain off.
Thanks for your research Ozmo, hope there might be a work around as im not sure DJI will/can address this via FW
2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United States

If it's an 27th just disable fast charge to avoid further battery drainage on the controller. Nothing to worry about.
2017-1-31
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

CuaC Posted at 2017-1-31 22:21
If it's an 27th just disable fast charge to avoid further battery drainage on the controller. Nothing to worry about.

That doesn't work. I tried it and my S7 would still drain the RC very quickly. "Fast Charging" is a very specific and different type of charging. It will only Fast Charge when connected to a suitable PSU. The kind of charging speed my S7 gets from my RC is not Fast Charge speed, but it does seem to be equivalent to normal charging from a wall charger.

The only fix for me was to connect my S7 to the bottom port instead of the side port. It now draws far less current.
2017-1-31
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-31 20:35
Has anyone else tried this suggestion?

It is very bothersome to have the phone chewing on the RC battery and no way of turning that .45A drain off.

Have you tried using the bottom port instead of the side port? This works for me. Although I notice that Ozmo's tests showed large current draw even from the bottom port. That is strange and I don't seem to get that from my setup (Galaxy S7).
2017-1-31
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-31 23:29
That doesn't work. I tried it and my S7 would still drain the RC very quickly. "Fast Charging" is a very specific and different type of charging. It will only Fast Charge when connected to a suitable PSU. The kind of charging speed my S7 gets from my RC is not Fast Charge speed, but it does seem to be equivalent to normal charging from a wall charger.

The only fix for me was to connect my S7 to the bottom port instead of the side port. It now draws far less current.

Funny thing is that while Samsung users complain on the phone being charged while connected, iPhone users complain on the opposite
2017-2-1
Use props
djiuser_BuniyjOj4qi7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4688 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-23 01:01
Before the flight, please double check all devices and make sure all are fully-charged, including battery, remote and mobile device.

it's now March 2018

Was this issue ever resolved, I also have Samsung s7 edge and disabling debugging is not stopping the RC from charging phone, killing the RC battery life.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules