2446 5 2016-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8fa681d7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm getting long IMU initialization times on my Mavic, I tried doing a cold IMU calibration yet the issue persists... any ideas?
2016-11-22
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

How long is long?

I find the first flight of the day takes a while but after that, it's only a matter of seconds before you have GPS lock and it's ready to go.
2016-11-22
Use props
fans8fa681d7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-22 18:53
How long is long?

I find the first flight of the day takes a while but after that, it's only a matt ...

5 minutes... which feels like an eternity
2016-11-22
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Yeah that's far too long. Mine has taken up to 2 minutes on a cold start.
2016-11-22
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans8fa681d7 Posted at 2016-11-23 15:28
5 minutes... which feels like an eternity

Its to do with your country. If temps are getting colder then the warmups will take longer. This also happens if you go to a higher colder altitude.
The fix is to do a cold IMU calibration. Even though DJI states not to do it, I think you should. This will re-align the gyro and accelerometer and barometer to your current climate. It's quick and painless and I think everyone should do it because the mavics were all calibrated in china's Shenzen Manufacturing "IMU cooled room" - does anyone know what temp this room is???

Just don't fly your mavic for an hour or 2 and keep it in a cool location. I do mine early in mornings. The more cooler, the faster and more accurate the calibration will be. DO NOT stick in freezer or fridge as this will cause condensation. Find a levelled surface. The more levelled this surface, the smaller the yaw circle will be. Read your device and make sure you can get to the Settings > sensors > IMU calibration screen real quick. Do the IMU calibration immediately and don't let the mavic warm up too quick.
Follow instructions in the youtube clip.\

Technically, you should be doing this after a heavy bump, firmware update and when you first receive it (FedEx Football).
2016-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try the method QuanthonyTrang mentioned then check the performance, and keep us posted, thanks.
2016-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules