Gimbals and cameras on vision are defective and no warranty provided
2745 14 2014-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
egrush
New

France

I have two of these vision + models. On one of them the  camera has no picture. The wifi shows to be connected and the OSD info is shown on the screen but no picture from the camera.  This occurred out of the box.  I contacted my dealer and also dji on many occasions only to find there is no warranty. Both the dealer and Dji are refusing to even look at the problem. I have tried many times to get am RMA number for repairs and I keep getting blown off. Dji says they will contact me back but after months of waiting and repeated attempts I give up. there is no warranty.
  On my second vision + the gimbal jerks violently. This happened after a slightly rough landing in grass. the landing was not hard enough that it should break. There are no signs of damage and the ribbon does not appear damaged.  I returned it to my dealer and was told no warrantee after drone has been flown. They will not even look at it to see if anything is broken or if parts are defective.
After spending hours on hold waiting to talk to an agent, I at lease deserve to have the units looked at and properly diagnosed. I guess the bottom line is, You bought it you own it and all the problems that come with it. Don't expect any help or sympathy for all the money you spent while thinking you are getting the best
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

That is very odd that the dealers have not even looked at them. The gimbals are very fragile for sure.
2014-10-3
Use props
stryjek
lvl.3
United Kingdom

if you purchased and it was faulty its a sure that is covered, if its not working after crash its a different story,
2014-10-3
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

stryjek Posted at 2014-10-4 01:47
if you purchased and it was faulty its a sure that is covered, if its not working after crash its a  ...

Totally agree with you.
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

"Gimbals and cameras on vision are defective and no warranty provided"
Wow that's quite a headline, thanks for the informative post.
The thing I don't understand is how my Vision + is working so well, do I need to send it back to DJI so they can break it, or retro fit these defective parts you mention ?
My smartphone is smart enough to work and by not crashing it I have managed to avoided damaging the gimbal.
2014-10-3
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine are working fine as well. And I got a new vision+ from DJI that wasn't working.... and they immediately replaced it with expedited shipping, and apologized for the issue. So, I think it may have been "under warranty". I don't know. You could be right. Probably not though.
2014-10-3
Use props
iamdorian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our Phantom was not test flown until 60 days after purchase. We had a bad gimbal that only acted up after two successful (albeit short) flights). So, we are SOL. We paid the high$670.00 USD price for a new unit. Bear in mind we NEVER crashed and NEVER had a hard landing, nor did we abuse or stress the gimbal-camera at any time. That means my WORKING P2V+ cost me almost 2K!!!

Even worse, hoked everything back up (carefully) and everything seemed copacetic, until I tried to take this off. It just sits on the ground, the props never developing sufficient thrust. Since we carefully re-calibrated before our new camera+gimbal flight, and updated firmware (with PT2), you can imagine my utter disappointment as my (now) $2,000.00 machine sits on the ground and goes no where.

Never been as disappointed with a product. I hope that there was something "I" did that caused this latest problem (like connecting the cables on the Gimbal/camera reversed, for example), but was VERY careful to put everything back as it was before disassembly. Any ideas anyone? I am posting this on the proper Blog, or I'll start another.

Thanks
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well the first thing to check is that when you hooked up the transmitter to the assistant, you did not change it to Mode 1 from Mode 2.
Mode 1 puts the throttle on the Right stick.....
2014-10-4
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

The Phantom 2 Vision+ Remote Control is a wireless communication device using the 5.8GHz frequency band. Remote Control and Phantom are paired before delivery.
The Remote Control is set to Mode 2 by default. This can be adjusted in the PHANTOM RC Assistant. You can also adjust the power of your Remote Control according to national regulations.
Compliance Version: The Phantom 2 Vision+ Remote Control is compliant with CE and FCC (see the FCC ID) regulations.
Operating Mode: Mode 1 and Mode 2 refer to different channel mappings.
Mode 1: The right stick controls throttle.
Mode 2: The left stick controls throttle.
2014-10-4
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi,May i know where are you located in?When&where did you buy the product?
Please kindly contact the nearest support center for the repair issue, support center info. see below:
http://www.dji.com/support
During warranty period, product is normal used,as intended by us.We will repair them for you free of charge.
Here is our warranty details:
http://www.dji.com/service

2014-10-7
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I have to say as far as my camera and gimbal are concerned I have had no problems with mine. I have a P2V+ and am approaching my 100th flight. Is it delicate and fragile? Sure it is that is why I am extra careful and treat my camera and gimbal with respect. I take off and land on a landing pad. If I don't use my landing pad to land on my wife who is my copilot performs hand catch landings. If anyone is interested in how my wife and I do hand catch landings check out this video: http://youtu.be/chil_QSohSk?list=UUw6tAWNGTLhN01jCDeYx0cw Be sure and read the description in the Youtube video.
2014-10-8
Use props
PhantomKnowledg
New

United States

egrush--
Concerning the camera with no picture, I often have this problem but eventually I am always able to get a picture.  

First, when I want to use the Phantom, in my iPhone, in Settings under Cellular,  I turn off Cellular Data.  Try that to see if it solves the problem.  

Second, I sometimes will go into the Vision App Settings and click on Binding and them come out and check again.  You may want/need to rebind the Phantom to your phone.  You can find directions for how to rebind in your User Manual on page 31.

Third, In my phone’s settings, I try turning off the WI-FI and turn it back on.  Then I reconnect the WI-FI with the Phantom and see if that works.

Fourth, if the above does not work I power down my phone.  Yes, it is a pain, but it has worked for me every time -- accept once.  After powering the phone up again and reconnecting I almost always get a picture.  

Concerning your second problem with the gimbal jerking.  When the Phantom shows this symptom, it means your gimbal is damaged and cannot be repaired.  At this point you must replace the gimbal.  

For more help check out www.PhantomKnowledge.com  
2014-10-8
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-10-9 00:04
I have to say as far as my camera and gimbal are concerned I have had no problems with mine. I have  ...

Joseph, you do have a good catcher there.
Your wife's trust in your pilot skills is indicative of a very good marriage.
The technique that her shadow lets us view is the best for this maneuver.
Watch the wind...
2014-10-8
Use props
josephbobowicz
lvl.4

United Kingdom

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-10-9 01:28
Joseph, you do have a good catcher there.
Your wife's trust in your pilot skills is indicative of  ...

Thanks T J!   If it is not calm enough for a solid hover I would never let her perform the hand catch. I would perform a ground landing. Then again I typically don't fly on windy days. I would rather not stress my motors and ESC's. So far so good! I have seen a lot of guys doing solo catches at chest hight. Not a good idea in my opinion (at chest hight). A little gust of wind at the wrong time and OUCH!
2014-10-8
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

josephbobowicz@ Posted at 2014-10-9 01:36
Thanks T J!   If it is not calm enough for a solid hover I would never let her perform the hand c ...

I always keep the airframe high, and reach up to grab it (like your wife).
I also keep the wind at my back so that the airframe is pushed away from me.
And I almost always fly in windy conditions (not much choice at my hilltop field).
The DJI products do well in wind.
Try it more, you might like it.
The wind is your friend!
2014-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules