Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety."
17241 37 2016-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GabeZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I'm getting the motor overload message only on TB47 batteries after the latest DJI Go App update (3.1.0).  Anyone else getting the same?
IMG_0138.PNG
2016-11-23
Use props
Movin on
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Apparently the same issue:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-72716-1-1.html
2016-11-23
Use props
Movin on
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

Apparently the same issue:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-72716-1-1.html
2016-11-23
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

Over on the Inspire Pilots forum, this issue seems to be growing.
2016-11-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GabeZ, were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?
2016-11-23
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-11-24 11:56
Hi GabeZ, were you flying aggressively like full throttle when this occurred?

Hi Mindy,
   Initially, just right after take off, I used 100% stick to accelerate forward.  The stick was then reduced slowly to 40 and 30% (first warning triggered at roughly 40%).  See my picture.  I also got the warning at 90, 80, and 20% at various times throughout the flight.  Keep in mind that this was all forward acceleration.  However, it also triggered at 100% elevation acceleration as well.  The flight only lasted a grand total of 4 minutes and 5 seconds before I paniced and landed.  Additionally, this was my first flight of the day.

IMG_0139.PNG
2016-11-23
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

I have another quick update.  I updated my transmitter firmware and flew with two TB48's and one TB47.  The error did not show up and I pushed an aggressive flight to test.  I'll be reviewing the flight logs to see for sure.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-25 09:29
I have another quick update.  I updated my transmitter firmware and flew with two TB48's and one TB4 ...

Normally, if you were flying aggressively, you will get that alert.
Please test it more and let us know the update.
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2016-11-25 09:29
I have another quick update.  I updated my transmitter firmware and flew with two TB48's and one TB4 ...

Please keep us posted if it comes back. Just to clarify, you updated to RC to the latest firmware version or to a different version?
2016-11-25
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-26 10:07
Please keep us posted if it comes back. Just to clarify, you updated to RC to the latest firmware v ...

Hi Jamie,
   I updated the transmitter firmware to the latest on my last post and took it back out.  I didn't see the error re-occur.  I'll be putting it through the paces and reply back.  While I don't make it a point to fly aggressively, and its counterintuitive to do so, I think that acceleration with 100% stick at launch is acceptable.  For instance, suppose you were filming a super car and had to get out of the way for a clean shot.
2016-11-25
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Its a warning against excessive current drain when one increases the RPM of the motors and its good to have it in place. TB47 have lower capacity so you are more likely to see it on those. Usually, these warnings will come toward the end of the flight when the available max draw current is lower. It would happen early in a flight if the batteries were cold.
2016-11-29
Use props
rstekeur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 167477 ft
United States

My RC was on 1.5 and the Go app was 3.1 when I noticed it in the logs last weekend. I have since updated my RC as I just got an other RC for dual control and the new one was on 1.7. I haven't flown yet to see it I get it again.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rstekeur Posted at 2016-12-15 05:26
My RC was on 1.5 and the Go app was 3.1 when I noticed it in the logs last weekend. I have since updated my RC as I just got an other RC for dual control and the new one was on 1.7. I haven't flown yet to see it I get it again.

Please keep us posted.
2016-12-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just wanted to add, that colder temperatures will also add to the mix because the battery chemistry will struggle getting the necessary power at times. I rarely see this message and normally it occurs when you are pushing the Inspire hard.

Rich
2016-12-14
Use props
JackyYyy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103287 ft
Hong Kong

But once you stop pushing hardly the stick, the message will disappear, wont it?
2016-12-14
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

JackyYyy Posted at 2016-12-14 23:49
But once you stop pushing hardly the stick, the message will disappear, wont it?

Yes, if you were to pop the warning and let go of the sticks, the warning would eventually vanish.  However, this is one of the few warnings that do vanish.  While I do agree that pushing the drone can impact battery, it should not pop this message.  Many people have gotten this message only recently.  I got it shortly after I took off on my first flight and gave it throttle.  The drone had barely been outside for 10 minutes, and it was in a warm environment prior.  It wasn't like I left it out to get cold before I set it up for takeoff.  However, if I remember correctly, I think it was a little cold but nowhwere near a full winter temperature.

Additionally, this warning is misleading and needs to be adjusted.
2016-12-16
Use props
Pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

I am also having the same problem with the Inspire 1 v2 TB47 battery. In my case as I get the message, the Inspire cuts the power gradually to the motors and forces you to land.
I start with a 100% battery and I am only hovering at 3 feet.
There are a lot of people having the same problem at the Inspire Pilots Forum.  Check out the thread: http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... nsure-safety.13791/

DJI GO 3.1.1
Aircraft 1.7.00.90+
Controller 1.2.1.03
2016-12-22
Use props
Pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

Any response from DJI ?
2016-12-24
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Pulsar747n Posted at 2016-12-23 00:29
I am also having the same problem with the Inspire 1 v2 TB47 battery. In my case as I get the message, the Inspire cuts the power gradually to the motors and forces you to land.
I start with a 100% battery and I am only hovering at 3 feet.
There are a lot of people having the same problem at the Inspire Pilots Forum.  Check out the thread: http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/motor-overload-aircraft-will-decelerate-to-ensure-safety.13791/

Can you double check your version of firmware for the AC and RC,  what you have is not a proper match.

donnie

You do have the Inspire correct ?  
2016-12-24
Use props
Pulsar747n
lvl.1

United States

GO App, Aircraft and Controller are correct.  I miss stated the version.  It should be Inspire 1 v1.
2016-12-26
Use props
fansf836c214
lvl.3
Flight distance : 988406 ft
United States

I had the same problem.  Update transmitter and aircraft"
Seems to be gone..........
2016-12-26
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this warning hasn't gone away.  While I thought that it was only related to the TB47 batteries, it popped on a TB48.  I am completely up to date with latest firmware v01.10.01.40 (This was updated before I went out on another flight.  IMU re-calibrated and compass re-calibrated).  Oddly enough, the warning occurred mid flight and at the end of the flight just before hitting 25% battery life.  I also got a compass failure message as well.........   I had the unique opportunity to fly in ATTI mode until the compass magically started working again.

GPS.PNG
2016-12-28
Use props
niels.rameckers
New

Netherlands

I got an DJI Phantom 3 PRO and getting the same warning since a few weeks (now and then). But.. my I also noticed my Phantom is shaking when hovering. It is having a hard time staying in place. I read somewhere to check if one or more motors feel different when you remove the props and spin them around. And I found that 1 motor isn't spinning as smooth as the rest. I ordered a new motor, going to replace it and hopefully this will solve the issue.
2017-1-13
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

Same issue except my AC auto-landed without returning to home ,"critically low power. Aircraft landing, Throttle up to reduce the speed of descent and use sticks to avoid obstacles"
TB48 battery 5:11 remaining on battery, no bad cells in battery.
IMU and Compass were freshly calibrated because unit was just returned from DJI because it wouldn't accept newest FW update.
Online tech had me recalibrate IMU, today I will test it in the park while flying over children playing. (not seriously). but i'm glad I wasn't over water yesterday.
I'm wondering if Apple recently bought out DJI as the Iphones also suddenly go from a high charge to completely shutting down : (
I'm willing to bet everyone receiving this warning has the newest FW update, and I'm guessing it's code that was meant for the I2.
2017-1-14
Use props
fans2c6b4490
New
Flight distance : 13596 ft
United States

I have the same issue on mine. It seems ok with one of my two batteries. The older battery gives me this same error message. I purchased mine on April 2016, when it arrived my battery was DOA. Due to a long replacement process I ended up buying another battery at a local reseller. Now almost 1 year of owning my I1pro I am getting this message with the battery I bought locally. Do I need to replace the battery or is there something wrong with my drone?

Thank you
2017-3-26
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

fans2c6b4490 Posted at 2017-3-26 12:51
I have the same issue on mine. It seems ok with one of my two batteries. The older battery gives me this same error message. I purchased mine on April 2016, when it arrived my battery was DOA. Due to a long replacement process I ended up buying another battery at a local reseller. Now almost 1 year of owning my I1pro I am getting this message with the battery I bought locally. Do I need to replace the battery or is there something wrong with my drone?

Thank you

There's nothing wrong with the battery or your drone.  We're all suffering the same fate.  It seems that DJI has established this warning to prevent us from having too much fun........ ....   oh.... and someone said something about excessive drain and draw on a battery.  But I'm going to stick with my verdict.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans1349d639
New
Flight distance : 182930 ft

Australia

I just got a Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety message last week on 97% Battery power after about 6 minutes flight. One second later the I1 just started to spin and fall from 270 meter with 84km/h. It fell through a tree which helped the I1 to slow down before impact. It`s still in 1 piece though.
2017-3-29
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.4
United States

fans1349d639 Posted at 2017-3-29 03:18
I just got a Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety message last week on 97% Battery power after about 6 minutes flight. One second later the I1 just started to spin and fall from 270 meter with 84km/h. It fell through a tree which helped the I1 to slow down before impact. It`s still in 1 piece though.

Ouch...... that sounds like a true motor failure.  Sorry to hear that.  Is it getting sent in for repair?
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

In case you din't get it., you can't sprint for 2 minutes. Nobody can.
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

fans1349d639 Posted at 2017-3-29 03:18

Flying at high speed (50 mph) will exert a high current drain and cause this issue. Try imagining sprinting for 2 minutes at full blast vs. running at 50% pace for the same time. The analogy is similar.

A cheap racing drone is a far more economical way to satisfy the need for speed.

Happy flying but do it safely
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

Oops. repeated myself... deleted repeated post
2017-3-29
Use props
djiflyer
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Having the same issue.  Flew my Inspire 1 today and within two minutes got a "critically low voltage" warning even though battery had 50% remaining.  Swapped out batteries and continued to get the "Motor Overload" warning saying the aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety.  Will test system tomorrow with fully charged batteries.  I hope I can get to the bottom of this before Saturday.  
2017-3-29
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

djiflyer Posted at 2017-3-29 20:40
Having the same issue.  Flew my Inspire 1 today and within two minutes got a "critically low voltage" warning even though battery had 50% remaining.  Swapped out batteries and continued to get the "Motor Overload" warning saying the aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety.  Will test system tomorrow with fully charged batteries.  I hope I can get to the bottom of this before Saturday.

Its not advisable to fly with half charged batteries if that half charge was arrived at anything longer than a day or so from the  last flight.
2017-3-29
Use props
fans1349d639
New
Flight distance : 182930 ft

Australia

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-29 19:55
Flying at high speed (50 mph) will exert a high current drain and cause this issue. Try imagining sprinting for 2 minutes at full blast vs. running at 50% pace for the same time. The analogy is similar.

A cheap racing drone is a far more economical way to satisfy the need for speed.

I didn't fly with 50mph that was the speed of the free fall
2017-3-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

fans1349d639 Posted at 2017-3-30 02:56
I didn't fly with 50mph that was the speed of the free fall

Oh no Sorry to hear !
2017-3-30
Use props
fans251146ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4399495 ft

Brazil

Good Morning!
yesterday the PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED took flight and soon fell of upside down, being turned on anyway! Gimbal let go but I managed to clean it.
This message appeared (when I searched the DJing Go WARNING). MOTOR OBSTRUCTION. then I cleaned all of it with compressed air and washed the propellers well. Today I went to try to fly but he gets PULLING very strong up, without me giving the command !! I almost lost it on FLYWAY ... I do not know what it can be. hence this message appeared in WARNING: MOTOR OVERLOAD. AIRCRAFT WILL DECELERATE ETC ... can you help me? the battery, propeller is everything else, they are ORIGINAL DJI! thank you
2019-2-7
Use props
FLyBoston
lvl.1

United States

Hello
just got a used ( functional ) Phantom 3 pro, when turning on , it gives me an warning  message " Motor overloaded , aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety "  that is even before attempting to turn the motors on .. any help ?
2020-9-30
Use props
FLyBoston
lvl.1

United States

hello
DJI go shows no problems , and no warning light on phantom, but wont respond to remote. throttle wouldnt start motors .. any help
2020-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules