How to get Mavic Pro FPV today.
10589 7 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RootCtrl
lvl.2

United States

If you already have goggles that have HDMI input you simply need the following.

• Mavic Pro
  • Goggles with hdmi input like the Avant Glyph
  • Android phone
  • Chromcast
  • HDMI to HDMI adapter
  • Battery Powerpack
  • *Hotspot is optional since you should be able to connect to the Chromecast directly.

Once you have the Chromecast setup on the wifi/hotspot you would simply setup the Mavic as normal then connect the Battery Powerpack >Chromcast>HDMI adapter> Goggles. When everything is ready to go mirror the screen to the chromecast.   
http://imgur.com/ZDoPpXI

2016-11-24
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Chromcast works with IOS device too. I will get one and try with my iphone 7 plus.
Thanks for your info
2016-11-24
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 425049 ft
Australia

Too much latency. When the googles are finally released I guarantee we're going to see plenty of posts with people crashing having flown FPV in sport mode and blaming it on a delay in response.
2016-11-24
Use props
fans4a906086
lvl.1

United States

Flying with a monitor or goggles is FPV. And why the heck do you want to try and race around with goggles with a $1000 camera ship.
2016-11-24
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Australia

fans4a906086 Posted at 2016-11-25 10:37
Flying with a monitor or goggles is FPV. And why the heck do you want to try and race around with go ...

Decent racing quads set you back more than that and don't have all the automation & obstacle avoidance on board. The difference is, they survive most crashes with nothing more than simple DIY repair required. I've crashed my dedicated FPV machine at over 50mph and it cost me $30 in parts. The Mavic would almost certainly be a write off at that speed.

There will be plenty that will assume just because there are googles available they can fly the Mavic like they've seen FPV racers do on YouTube then no doubt complain about their expensive crash here. Sure, you can watch it on your phone in the controller but it's not the same as wearing googles. Googles bring a very different experience to FPV that takes a little getting use to, not the least of which is understanding the relationship of the cameras FOV to the dimensions of the drone. It's one thing staring at your phone then looking back up at the drone to see what it's near. It's another thing completely with goggles when you don't have that option. The other thing here is that a lot of people will be use to flying VLOS and only using their phone screens to compose a shot. Jumping in with goggles is again a very different way to fly.
The Mavic is attracting serious attention from a lot of first time users without any experience or knowledge of the things that impact on the performance and opertation of drones. That's blatently obvious by the number and nature of questions from users all over the web. Plenty of these users have no idea about the basics of how to fly them let alone things like latency and how that will affect them during flight.

2016-11-24
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AusAir Posted at 2016-11-25 14:35
Decent racing quads set you back more than that and don't have all the automation & obstacle avoida ...

Do not assume that people don't know how to fly when they talking about FPV, may be you need to learn from them lol.
2016-11-24
Use props
AusAir
lvl.2
Australia

hungdang Posted at 2016-11-25 12:17
Do not assume that people don't know how to fly when they talking about FPV, may be you need to le ...

I have made no such assumptions. I have made an observational statement based on what we've all seen on the forum to date. People making basic errors. Based upon that, it's fair and reasonable to suggest that what I've noted will occur. (It's not rocket science).

Lets also not forget that the Mavic hasn't been without it's faults. The googles will be no different. I can see it now... "Goggles Went Blank. Tripped into the pond Mavic crashed into head"
2016-11-24
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

The easiest and cheapest way is get Litchi apps, put it into VR mode and put your handphone into VR googles. The advantage with Litchi is you can control the gimbal and rotation with your head movement.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules