Why is the DJI GO app polluting my gallery with app folders?
787 1 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634665 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,

I'm new to the DJI world. I bought recently a Osmo mobile and I'm waiting for 3 weeks now a Mavic. Anyway... Since I installed the DJI GO app, when I go to my gallery app, I'm seeing "DJI_SPLASH", "Multi_template_i", "Video_filter_i" folders. I don't like it and every time I delete them, they come back when I reopen the app. I never saw an app storing assets images into the phone memory. If you want to put these somewhere then use cloudinary and make a call to it in case the user needs these assets. Or just embed the assets into the APK.
For what it is worth, if you've done this in order to reduce the size of your app. well then think about "how many people use each tab of the DJI Go app?", Find out what's the ratio... I'm not an active user yet. But I can tell you that I won't be using the Editor or the Skypixel tabs. So why not creating different apps for that?
I mean... An app is built to solve one problem. Not ALL problems on Earth. Let that to operating systems. Anyway, I hope someone will hear me here. If moving tabs into separate apps makes your apps faster and easier to maintain (I'm sure you have different teams for each tab anyway), why not simplifying your life as developers then?

That was my point of view as a very new DJI user. Have a good day!
2016-11-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
Please post a screenshot of those folders here.
2016-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules