Future Flight
137734 137734 2016-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Well, although basically concepts, these aircraft are coming to fruition.

Even You might eventually become a passenger on one of these awesome craft. ;-$

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RedHot,

That yellow one on the splash screen, the Aether, missed out on an efficiency advantage.  Of course they may have just not included it in the promotion.  It has folded or foldable winglets fore and aft that have thrusters in them that are not shown deployed at speed.  A waste of a good efficiency idea.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Some of the ideas shown just would not fly. It is so easy these days for some kid to draw up his fantasy machine and animate it. The Vision Vtol is a classic one of those, it is shown in fast flight with all four fans horizontal, yet it has no lifting surfaces to give it lift. Youtube is full of these fantasies.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 18:00
Some of the ideas shown just would not fly. It is so easy these days for some kid to draw up his fan ...

I am not an aeronautics physics major, only a wide eyed & keen observer of it. The YouTube channel belongs to a Dodo...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6K7RiB8-UXKak64PnWSMAQ

Not sure some of the other concept shared on their page were cgi by any talented computer animators, or the actual company designers.
I find some of these concepts fun though. VTOL has always fascinated me, thinking of the Harrier Jet. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-25 12:06
I am not an aeronautics physics major, only a wide eyed & keen observer of it. The YouTube channel  ...

'VTOL has always fascinated me, thinking of the Harrier Jet.'

At least the Harrier had wings.....
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-24 17:23
Aloha RedHot,

That yellow one on the splash screen, the Aether, missed out on an efficiency ad ...

It's just for fun, to me, and I have no vested interest. But we all know that real helicopters shouldn't be able to fly like they do. Leonardo Da Vinci would be known in history, to draw the first helicopter. I bet they laughed at his crazy ideas back then, just as we do, of many things, destined for our future too. Ha

If you want to see some wild imagination, check out the website of the son of the skidoo originator Bombardier.

www.charlesbombardier.com
How's that for ingenuity and foresight? ;-)

What more can I say, I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 18:11
'VTOL has always fascinated me, thinking of the Harrier Jet.'

At least the Harrier had wings..... ...

Yes, but with vertical lift off and landing, the wings are only decoration. I saw one at a local air show. My goodness those things are huge, I mean really big... Wish they would have raffled off a nice long ride aboard. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 15:00
Some of the ideas shown just would not fly. It is so easy these days for some kid to draw up his fan ...

Aloha Geebax,

You are right that a great many of them will not fly or ever fly and Vision VTOL is probably one of them.  (I noticed the horizontal flight to.)  But that half scale blimp has crashed already, so they are still learning the hard way.  Those bigger designs have a better chance for success than the small ones like the Vision VTOL though because there are still significant energy density issues.

And NASA still comes up with some wild concepts!  Blended wing designs are highly efficient and I really like those designs, but that white with yellow stripes Aether design has scale issues throughout.  Scale issues can be fixed though and are more easily fixed in larger aircraft.  That is why I said the folded or foldable winglets were a lost opportunity for efficiency.

Remember that guy with the red twin-rotary motors flying car?  I wonder how far along he is now.  Now that is old school!  Definite energy density issues there though.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-25 13:07
Aloha Geebax,

You are right that a great many of them will not fly or ever fly and Vision VT ...

'Remember that guy with the red twin-rotary motors flying car?'

Yeah, seems to have gone real quiet lately. Probably has died off.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

All of this stuff makes me grin like a rake. Hahaha

Wouldn't it be wonderful to see the future transport modes, in another 100 years?
It gives me some food for thought, like a Thanksgiving Cornucopia of goodness.  ;-)

Ah, hopefully, all our American friends had a safe travel, and enjoy the best feast and footfall tomorrow. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 16:17
'Remember that guy with the red twin-rotary motors flying car?'

Yeah, seems to have gone real qui ...

Aloha Geebax,

Sad though, I really wanted to see it work.  There was something a couple years ago and a tethered flight, but nothing since.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-25 16:24
Aloha Geebax,

Sad though, I really wanted to see it work.  There was something a couple year ...

I remember at the time thinking it was an incredibly dangerous machine. If you had a motor failure or a single rotor failure, it would have the flying qualities of a streamlined brick.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

This model is going forth..

http://hight3ch.com/pal-v-flying-car-is-finally-headed-to-production/

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 19:31
I remember at the time thinking it was an incredibly dangerous machine. If you had a motor failure ...

Aloha Geebax,

At one point he addressed that issue and put a redundancy in it.  But that was later and as noted, we have not heard much from him.  It has made me change my thoughts on designs of that sort.  My first guiding thoughts now are survivability of mechanical failure.  When I started to dabble in it, I used an engine to generator to battery to regenerative motors and motor redundancy scheme.  (A hydraulic version was too heavy for flight in small packages.)    Never built anything though.  After hitting that wall, I evolved to boats and submarines.  Less gravity there!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-24 19:39
This model is going forth..

http://hight3ch.com/pal-v-flying-car-is-finally-headed-to-production/

Aloha RedHot,

Good, as long as he stays away from the US Capitol Grounds!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-25 17:19
Aloha Geebax,

At one point he addressed that issue and put a redundancy in it.  But that was ...

I have quite an aversion to marginal safety elements in aircraft. I barely survived an ultra-light that was badly designed. I pulled out of a stalled descent with less than 20 feet to spare. Never again.
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-24 23:21
Aloha RedHot,

Good, as long as he stays away from the US Capitol Grounds!

Why not land on the White House lawn? Bring snacks and cold drinks, for the secret service agents...

RedHotPoker
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 20:48
I have quite an aversion to marginal safety elements in aircraft. I barely survived an ultra-light ...

Aloha Geebax,

OK, end of subject!  Your concern is completely understandable.  Actually, I have and aversion to most safety elements in all manned aircraft after hearing stories from my brother, the flight engineer and aircraft mechanic.  That is also why I fly a Phantom.  It is safer down here, but you get to see up there!
     FPV Forever!!!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-24 20:49
Why not land on the White House lawn? Bring snacks and cold drinks, for the secret service agents. ...

Aloha RedHot,

OK, go for it, and I will bring you snacks and cold drinks in the slammer!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-25 00:17
Aloha RedHot,

OK, go for it, and I will bring you snacks and cold drinks in the slammer!

Yeah, it would be a slammer too. Once they slammed that heavy steel door, and throw away the church key...

No that's ok, leave it to someone else, with no goals, ambition or any future... ;-)
Just a striped suntan. Chuckles

But I would love to see the awesome video footage, on the 6:00 o'clock news hour. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

This is the one that amuses me, they act as if it is already a production reality, but in truth it is 90% CGI animation. But the concept is probably the most dangerous I have ever seen, the motors are at the bottom of the aircraft providing poor stability, the props are in the open, ready to cut peoples legs off, slice up small children and behead dogs.

It would never get flight certification because it has no failsafe flight mode, it cannot auto-rorate and cannot glide. No Aviation agency would allow it to be used over any populated area, but these guys are acting as if it is already in production.

The amusing bit is how they tell the story of how their friends died in air accidents and because of this they set out to design an "absolutely safe aerial vehicle" ? Did no-one tell them that a safe aerial vehicle needs to have a safe design concept first and foremost?

2016-11-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-26 16:42
This is the one that amuses me, they act as if it is already a production reality, but in truth it i ...

Atleast with that proposed design, you just type in the location of the landing platform, and she does all the rest. Take off, eh!! Haha oh yeah, that too. Navigation, piloting, auto landing. All while you sit back and enjoy the ride. The new UBER taxi.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-11-27 12:24
Atleast with that proposed design, you just type in the location of the landing platform, and she  ...

Do you think any aeronautical agency, like the FAA is going to allow that? One of their claims is that the pilot will not need a fllying license because the aircraft does all the work, yeah sure. They just don't get it, the main reason there is a trained, licensed pilot in an aircraft is to be there if something goes wrong, and to know the flight rules. I could rattle off a dozen reason why that trhing will never be allowed to fly in any civilised country. Honestly, those guys are off with the fairies if they think that will ever get certified.
2016-11-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-26 20:32
Do you think any aeronautical agency, like the FAA is going to allow that? One of their claims is t ...

Gosh I hope so, I'd love to see those in our sky's and local aerodromes. Haha
Yes, we need more reasons to get our lazy arse off the couch and see the world around us.
If it wasn't for the Internet, I'd never get away from my flight SIM or tinkering with my models. Haha

I had to haul myself away today, just to go grab some groceries this afternoon.

We both know that they seem dangerous, but thousands perish in automobile mishaps everyday, and the freeways are still filled with those. In time, they will seem common.

Seems like test flight allowances has been met..
http://www.roboticstrends.com/ar ... _nevada_for_testing

Always that same video?

RedHotPoker

2016-11-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-24 19:31
I remember at the time thinking it was an incredibly dangerous machine. If you had a motor failure ...

Aloha Geebax,

Here it is!  I found it.

http://moller.com/

Specifically;

http://moller.com/moller_skycar400.html

He is still in development!  But some have been in tethered flight.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2016-11-29 13:18
Aloha Geebax,

Here it is!  I found it.

Hmm, he does not seem to have progressed any further than the last time I looked.
2016-11-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-11-28 16:45
Hmm, he does not seem to have progressed any further than the last time I looked.

Aloha Geebax,

Really, maybe it is his honeypot!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Where's the Buck Rogers mobiles?
Or how about the Taxi from The Fifth Element?

With music by Cheb Khaled. I like a lot of his stuff. Algerian Pop Star.

RedHotPoker

2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ontario Canada made some interesting automobile history today.
The provincial government have made allowances for three automated cars to be used anywhere in the province.
They must have a person in the car at all times while it's mobile, who can take over the controls if there is ever the need arise.
Three different teams, U of Waterloo, Erwin Hymer-Road Trek and  Q&X-Blackberry.  This should be an interesting quarter. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The Malloy Hover Bike may be flying the airways sooner then we think.
image.jpeg
http://newatlas.com/closer-look-malloy-aeronautics-hoverbike/33414/

Such a cool concept...

RedHotPoker
2016-11-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Here's another group of potential "mobiles".

Some interesting designs.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
QuadDronner
lvl.1

Turkey

Amazing drones, thank you for your sahares.   Some another amazing drone invention videos I discovered.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfqi0d7t9GhkeHKpc5IPWIg

it was on the other page on the spark DJI forum page.
2017-6-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

QuadDronner Posted at 2017-6-23 04:11
Amazing drones, thank you for your sahares.   Some another amazing drone invention videos I discovered.

Amazing 5 drone invention you need to see here

Yes, those are pretty cool, as well.

I can only imagine what fantastic drones we have coming in the very near future. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-6-24
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

I love this part of your future.
2017-6-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

SRO Posted at 2017-6-25 01:58
I love this part of your future.

If you folks can build fine watches and valued time pieces, surely there are folks with RC interests who could design cool drones, about....

RedHotPoker
2017-6-25
Use props
Surrealplaces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908819 ft
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-25 15:44
If you folks can build fine watches and valued time pieces, surely there are folks with RC interests who could design cool drones, about....

All just a matter of time
2017-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Surrealplaces Posted at 2017-6-26 20:17
All just a matter of time

Tick tock tick tock, time is slipping away...

RedHotPoker
2017-6-26
Use props
mediossehd
lvl.4

Turkey

Hello RedHotPoker you are finding very nice future drones.
I watched your videos and read your informations.
Then I create below video, if you like it please share it

If you dont like let me know your ideas. How can I find better drones?
2017-7-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

mediossehd Posted at 2017-7-2 10:45
Hello RedHotPoker you are finding very nice future drones.
I watched your videos and read your informations.
Then I create below video, if you like it please share it

Hi, you've done a fine job, of assembling this fun filled video, together.

Thanks for your welcomed participation on the forum as well. ;-)

I like to see all drones, small, medium, bigg azz machines.... Haha
RedHotPoker

2017-7-2
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the post, I don't think I can afford any of these.
2017-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules