Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft mobility has been lowered.
1236 11 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RudeBoyVI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81191 ft
U.S. Virgin Islands

Any info on why I am getting this message? Propulsion Output Limited. Aircraft mobility has been lowered.
2016-11-25
Use props
NailDrivingMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

I get this message as well after flying full throttle for over several seconds. I've never clocked the time, but I believe I read somewhere that this is a built in feature to protect motor overload. I'm sure someone else can confirm or clarify my comments.
2016-11-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think this is normal but the constant warning messages are distracting as well as unnessisary. It's one of the many things that happen while the drone is flying that I really don't care about. DJI, please get rid of this message?
2016-11-26
Use props
RudeBoyVI
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

Thanks guys, The messages was coming up just a few seconds after take off, and only a few feet away, once the message came up I just  had the AC hover to see if the message would go away but if kept popping up every few seconds. I will do test flight today with fully charge batteries. The batteries used on yesterdays flight were half charge and I read that weak battery could have cause the warnings.  
2016-11-26
Use props
ProQuad
First Officer
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same issue when I first got mine as well...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-66242-1-1.html

It seems to be a "normal" thing if you fly "aggressively".  This has also happened to me when I first took off.  I did let it hover for a bit, like normal, didn't see anything else pop up so I flew and did not have any other issues.  Hope this helps.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans321a2895
Captain
Flight distance : 5403383 ft
  • >>>
United States

This started with me when I switched to  the x5 camera.  I just changed the way I fly.
2016-11-27
Use props
RudeBoyVI
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

Ok, charged up the batteries and all went well, seems like the warning pops up when you start or restart on half charge batteries.
apart from that , I am having issues the week camera image transmission, blinking screen, green screen...ect.   Calling tech support today, wish me luck!!!
2016-11-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

RudeBoyVI Posted at 2016-11-28 20:02
Ok, charged up the batteries and all went well, seems like the warning pops up when you start or res ...

When you 'fly aggressively' - meaning high acceleration and deceleration, you increase the current draw on the batteries. This stresses the chemical reactions generating electrical energy and can potentially render the flight time prediction algorithm inaccurate. This is why the feature should not be removed.

Note that when you accelerate hard and then either let go of the sticks or go the opposite direction, the motors brake / reverse and that takes enormous energy.

When carrying a heavier camera like the X5 and particularly the X5R, the demands on power are higher so you'll see that message pop up on even relatively modestly aggressive climbs / accelerations.

More common on TB47 and at the end of a flight when capacity to deliver a surge of current is lower. Also at startup under cold conditions.

I hope this clarifies.
2016-11-29
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-11-30 02:00
When you 'fly aggressively' - meaning high acceleration and deceleration, you increase the current ...

I agree that the feature should not be removed, I would just like the warning message to go away. I'm sure there are thousands of things going on inside of one of these quads most of which I don't care about and don't need to know about.
2016-11-30
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-11-30 21:19
I agree that the feature should not be removed, I would just like the warning message to go away.  ...

Ironically, the nuisance factor is exactly why the feature works. You are nudged to change your behaviour to avoid the pesky reminder and greater annoyance at seeing the pop-ups means you are more likely to adjust accordingly
2016-11-30
Use props
Cmartin3977
Second Officer
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I'm sorry, but when I am struggling to go forward at a decent pace into a headwind, the last thing I want is something more added to the equation to try to slow the aircraft.  Interesting approach to handling that situation, just lower the power.
2016-11-30
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

RudeBoyVI Posted at 2016-11-28 04:02
Ok, charged up the batteries and all went well, seems like the warning pops up when you start or res ...

RBV1
I see that others have addressed the pop up warning and why. I just wanted to tell you not to fly the Inspire on partially charged batteries. It is asking for trouble and especially when the batteries have been setting around and entered into the discharge mode. The LED lights do not really tell you the condition and it would be taking a risk. Some of us in the early days reported the battery drop issue after taking off with a 60% or so charge and minutes later the battery power would drop suddenly to 8% without warning...

Always charge your batteries to 100% just before you go flying (preferred) or within several hours.

Rich
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules