'Gimbal Obstructed, Auto restart in progress'
2622 14 2016-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ericdvds
lvl.1

Australia

Hey everyone,

I've been up for dozens of flights without any issue whatsoever.  While out filming I did my shot, packed up with gimbal cover, and moved to a new location only a couple hundred meters down the road.  When I unpacked the magic and went to start it up I got the same issue saying 'Gimbal Obstruction, Auto restart in progress'.

I turned it off and turned it by hand, absolutely no obstruction whatsoever.  I don't know what the issue is.  I read on Mavic pilots thread that someone had luck turning it upside down and starting it.  When I do this, the gimbal and Mavic both start up COMPLETELY FINE.  Once it has started up I just flip it back upright and it is ready to go.

Has anyone had a fix for this?  I don't want to have to send it off to get fixed right before I am going on a trip to Canada.

I should say that mine also has a loud knock sound when the gimbal is starting up.

I have also done IMU, gimbal, and compass calibrations to see if that will be a fix but with no luck.

The gimbal clamp is off

The gimbal is seated properly

This issue is driving me insane and I feel like its truly DJI's fault considering there is no visible damage, no visible obstruction, no obstruction when turned by hand.  Plus it starts up completely fine when turned upside down.  I paid big money for a piece of tech that doesn't work!!!????

2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties, can you try a factory reset from the Assistant2.
Your also on the latest firmware?
Also, when it does this is the gimbal operating abnormally ? If not, try syncing your flight records and deleting / reinstalling the app.
If it persists, please contact support and send it in for evaluation.
2016-11-25
Use props
boscobrown
lvl.1

Australia

Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes I am on the latest firmware.

At first the gimbal was operating properly, however now I get the 'jello' effect.  Previously flights the gimbal has turned as I rotated on the yaw axis.  By turned I mean it rotated the horizon so that it was half way to portrait mode.  When I stopped the yaw rotation, the camera seemed to catch up and right itself slowly.  This was in a few test flights yesterday.

The gimbal has changed now this morning.  I now get a large 'shutter' in video when I start and stop forward flight.  Added to that is that mid flight the gimbal suddenly looked very far upwards, and I could see the nose of the mavic, when i moved it all the way down, the gimbal still had a positive angle (looking upwards) even though the display said it was at its lowest downward angle.

Update:  I am now getting a Jello video effect that I have seen other users with the same problem have.
2016-11-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

boscobrown Posted at 2016-11-26 17:38
Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes I am on the latest firmware.

Have you tried a gimbl calibration, or a factory reset from the Assistant2 ?
Can you also post a quick clip an post at what second mark you see this happening.
2016-11-26
Use props
boscobrown
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-27 09:06
Have you tried a gimbl calibration, or a factory reset from the Assistant2 ?
Can you also post a q ...

Have done both gimbal, and reset yes.

See what happening exactly?
2016-11-26
Use props
boscobrown
lvl.1

Australia

2016-11-27
Use props
boscobrown
lvl.1

Australia

0:05- 0:13 gimbal shake on move forward/ backwards
1:30/1:54 camera/mavic moves around even though controls are not touched.  Minute, but it never did this before.
2:18 gimbal shake on forward/backward movement of mavic
3:05 more shake but getting worse than previous
3:08 more shake, than gimbal 'topples' and looks upward/ goes haywire.  I did not move the gimbal upwards, it did it by itself.
when the gimbal rotates, it is the effect of me rotating the magic on the yaw axis.  you can see the gimbal rotates when I rotate the mavic and then slowly rights itself.
4:05 I try to move in to portrait mode (successfully) however it does not fix the issue.
4:35 ?? video messes up.  Don't know why.
2016-11-27
Use props
fans359c86f4
New

Vietnam

I got a same problem as well, the gimbal is not working, when I connect with the DJI Assistant on PC and stimulate the flight, it does transmit the data of the gimbal angle.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans359c86f4 Posted at 2016-11-27 10:07
I got a same problem as well, the gimbal is not working, when I connect with the DJI Assistant on PC ...

The SIM is for learning how to fly, I'm not sure if the gimbal moves when connected to the SIM.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

boscobrown Posted at 2016-11-27 04:04
0:05- 0:13 gimbal shake on move forward/ backwards
1:30/1:54 camera/mavic moves around even though c ...

I'm sorry about that, if all the troubleshooting steps did not resolve it then please contact support and send it in for evaluation.
2016-11-27
Use props
boscobrown
lvl.1

Australia

Yeah I'll be sending it back as soon as they get back to me. I've been waiting for 3 days to hear back now. It's a load but they won't give me warranty in Canada and I'm going on a trip there in a week so I'm going to have to go without. Why can't they do warranty in Canada when I bought it in Australia even though it's the same warranty period?
2016-11-27
Use props
fans359c86f4
New

Vietnam

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 02:07
The SIM is for learning how to fly, I'm not sure if the gimbal moves when connected to the SIM.

Basically, it shows the angle data, and the SIM is not on the phone. Another thing, when I turn on the mavic, the gimbal doesnt initialize for calibrate.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans359c86f4 Posted at 2016-11-30 01:01
Basically, it shows the angle data, and the SIM is not on the phone. Another thing, when I turn on ...

Are you saying that when not using the simulator the Mavic gimbal does nothing when you power it on?
2016-11-29
Use props
fans359c86f4
New

Vietnam

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-30 02:15
Are you saying that when not using the simulator the Mavic gimbal does nothing when you power it o ...

yes it does nothing
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ok, please post a video of it powering up.
Also, please connect it to the Assistant2 and download the DAT files to your computer and upload them to Dropbox and start a ticket with support and include the link to Dropbox and also post the link here.
They will analyze the flight records.
2016-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules