Failsafe Mode?
7117 15 2016-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grahamwright
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I took my new Mavic out for its first proper flight today and everything seem to start off well but after 6 mins of flying the aircraft started to land without warning and I was unable to cancel. Fortunately I was able to steer it back to a safe landing spot. The Mavic was at 50m height and 30m in distance from my controller. Two further flights and the craft did it again, once at 20m high and once at 70m high. I did a compass and joystick calibration before the first flight and the vision sensors were calibrated yesterday using the DJI Assistance app.

I have flown the Phantom 3 before and never had this happen once.  

Has any one else experienced similar issues and if so any suggestions on what could be causing it?

2016-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help clarify the firmware version for your aircraft, you cloud check it on "About" page.
Then please sync the flight records through DJI GO APP, reply us your APP account and the specific time it happened.
Also please export flight data through Assistant 2, then upload it to dropbox, provide us the link, our engineers will help you analyze the data.
2016-11-27
Use props
grahamwright
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 08:07
Please help clarify the firmware version for your aircraft, you cloud check it on "About" page.
Then ...

Thanks for the reply.

I went out and did further tests this morning and believe I may know what's going on. The flights where the failsafe mode is starting (and craft is erratically increasing height) are when I use a mobile phone without a SIM card. I undestood that the Mavic doesn't actually need the mobile to have a data/mobile connection to fly, is that correct?

I have tried a different mobile phone this morning with a SIM card inserted and the Mavic seemed OK, although I only did a short flight so I will need to do further tests.

I will carry out your instructions anyhow and upload the files as suggested.

Thanks
Graham
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

grahamwright Posted at 2016-11-27 17:30
Thanks for the reply.

I went out and did further tests this morning and believe I may know what' ...

There is no need data or internet connection when flying.
Thanks for the information and please keep us posted, hope everything is fine.
Enjoy it!
2016-11-27
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-27 09:51
There is no need data or internet connection when flying.
Thanks for the information and please k ...

Thank DJI Natalia. I can confirm the version of the aircraft is version 01.02.0900

I have uploaded some files into a dropbox folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3izaa ... IU5yAJ1ZDkzfna?dl=0

I have also refreshed the DJI Go app with the latest flights. My account name is greyjustice

The flight this morning was very odd. After taking off the aircraft started increasing in height without the joysticks being touched. Once I got it under control it then went into failsafe mode and started to land. I cancelled and managed to land under my own control.

Thanks for your help.

Graham

2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

greyjustice Posted at 2016-11-27 19:58
Thank DJI Natalia. I can confirm the version of the aircraft is version 01.02.0900

I have uploade ...

I have transferred the data to our engineers, they will send you an e-mail for the details once it's done.
Besides, please check your e-mail and export the remote log as well for us, thanks.
2016-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

greyjustice Posted at 2016-11-27 19:58

I have uploade ...

We access to the dropbox link, and get the remote log and flight records, but there is no flight log, which is different from flight records.
Please connect aircraft to your PC which has Assistant 2 installed, run Assistant 2 and export flight logs.
You could refer to this tutorial:
2016-11-28
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-29 07:39
We access to the dropbox link, and get the remote log and flight records, but there is no flight l ...

Thanks.

I realised I hadn't installed the HoRNDIS-rel8pre2-dbg.pkg file along with the DJI Assistant 2 app.

I have now extracted some samples of the log files and uploaded them to my dropbox for review.

Graham
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

greyjustice Posted at 2016-11-30 05:01
Thanks.

I realised I hadn't installed the HoRNDIS-rel8pre2-dbg.pkg file along with the DJI Assist ...

Thanks, I have downloaded it and transferred the data to our engineers for analysis, will let you know the result later.
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Graham, the data has been analyzed, and our colleagues will send you an e-mail later, thanks for your patience.
2016-12-1
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-1 09:28
Hi Graham, the data has been analyzed, and our colleagues will send you an e-mail later, thanks for  ...

Hi DJI Natalia - any update from this issue? I've not received any mails from the technicians?

I completed a further flight today and the same issue is still happening (flight logs etc uploaded to my Dropbox). After takeoff the Mavic starts to hover then increase in altitude without touching any of the controls. The DJI app shows that the sticks are not moving. The aircraft then starts to go into 'Landing' mode and I then struggle to keep it under control.

I'm getting frustrated with the delay in understanding the issue as I've still not had a flight where I have felt I have the Mavic under proper control. I won't be flying it any further until I have a resolution.

Please can you arrange for the technicians to contact me ASAP?

Thanks
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

greyjustice Posted at 2016-12-2 16:16
Hi DJI Natalia - any update from this issue? I've not received any mails from the technicians?

I  ...

Have you got the e-mail? please refresh your e-mail box and check again.
2016-12-2
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-2 08:57
Have you got the e-mail? please refresh your e-mail box and check again.

Thanks I have now received the RMA instructions.

Graham
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

greyjustice Posted at 2016-12-2 17:59
Thanks I have now received the RMA instructions.

Graham

No problem, sorry for any inconvenience caused, please send it in as the instructions in the e-mail. Hope everything is fine.
2016-12-2
Use props
greyjustice
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just an update on this issue..

After a smooth repair process I received a replacement aircraft back today. My old Mavic Pro had a faulty 'Core Board' which obviously could not be repaired.

I am extremely impressed with the RMA process and how quickly DJI dealt with the fault. Thanks to all that helped to diagnose and sort out the problem.

Can't wait to get out flying again!

Thanks
2016-12-16
Use props
NickDuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66716 ft
Vietnam

What is RMA process ?
2019-12-26
Use props
Advanced