DJI GO app NOT Compatible with Ipad 4th GEN?
977734 977734 2016-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiNE0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9833 ft
United States

So, I'm trying to download this app on my Ipad 4thgen BUT it says Cannot Download because its NOT compatible? what gives???

Appreciate any help!!!

Jeff

2016-11-27
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I use the I Pad Mini 4 with no issues at all... Don't believe there should be any issues with it...
2016-11-27
Use props
robble
lvl.2

United States

iPad MINI 4. no issues.
2016-11-27
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

Visual Air Posted at 2016-11-27 16:05
I use the I Pad 4 with no issues at all... Don't believe there should be any issues with it...

Still won't let me install the app......
2016-11-27
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

OK i tried to download it from iTunes and did install from there but to NO avail.......  
2016-11-27
Use props
ZeeinBC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 287749 ft
Canada

The DJI Go app doesn't run on it -- too slow
2016-11-27
Use props
tdcsf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100833 ft
United States

Check what version of iOS you are running on the iPad.  It's possible that the current version of the DJI Go app has a minimum required OS version.
2016-11-27
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

tdcsf Posted at 2016-11-27 18:25
Check what version of iOS you are running on the iPad.  It's possible that the current version of th ...

I am on the latest ios version 10.1.1
2016-11-27
Use props
Petroboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3681 ft
Canada

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-27 19:28

I also use my IPad Mini 4 with no issues or lags.
2016-11-27
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

are you installing the iPad app and not trying to install the iPhone app?
2016-11-27
Use props
tdcsf
lvl.2
United States

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-27 18:28

Sorry, I looked at the compatibility list in iTunes and iPad 4th Gen is not on the list.  The oldest full sized iPad is the iPad Air.

Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
2016-11-27
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

devGOD Posted at 2016-11-27 19:07
are you installing the iPad app and not trying to install the iPhone app?

Yes I'm installing the iPad app...
2016-11-27
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

tdcsf Posted at 2016-11-27 19:12
Sorry, I looked at the compatibility list in iTunes and iPad 4th Gen is not on the list.  The olde ...

Yes I wad just reading this and how could they NOT to include iPad 4thgen??? What's the issue here DJI!!!

2016-11-27
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

robble Posted at 2016-11-28 11:33
iPad MINI 4. no issues.

Ipad 4th gen is the 9.7 inch screen tablet.
You have the ipad mini in its 4th and most current gen).
2016-11-27
Use props
tdcsf
lvl.2
United States

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-27 19:22
Yes I wad just reading this and how could they NOT to include iPad 4thgen??? What's the issue here ...

Usually there are one or more features that the developer makes a cutoff on.  The oldest supported one supports the A7 chip, the iPad for had the A6X.
2016-11-27
Use props
Explorographer
lvl.1

United States

Jeff,  Yeah man I am having the same issue.  I deleted my app after it wouldn't update thinking it was on my end...now I have NO app... I have a mini and an iPad Gen4.  The Gen 4 was super fast and worked like a charm. The screen was much brighter too. I was in the beta, where you?  I am wondering if that screwed it up as I had problems before like this where it wouldn't update because I was trying to update from the app store over the beta..  DJI?? Can you ring in here?? Kinda important for content creators that are left in the dark atm!!
2016-11-29
Use props
djiNE0
lvl.2
United States

Explorographer Posted at 2016-11-29 03:35
Jeff,  Yeah man I am having the same issue.  I deleted my app after it wouldn't update thinking it w ...

i know right!!! DJI-KEN could you shed a light here.....
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-28 11:22
Yes I wad just reading this and how could they NOT to include iPad 4thgen??? What's the issue here ...

The iOS devices that are recommended have A7 processors or newer in order to run the app properly. Your iPad 4 uses an A6, which is not enough to run the Go app.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Explorographer Posted at 2016-11-29 19:35
Jeff,  Yeah man I am having the same issue.  I deleted my app after it wouldn't update thinking it w ...

Older renditions of the Go app may have been less stressful on the processor and could let the iPad 4 slide. With all the recent updates, older iOS devices aren't able to run. You iPad mini, with the A7 processor, has the minimum requirement to use the latest Go app.
2016-12-1
Use props
Explorographer
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 01:12
Older renditions of the Go app may have been less stressful on the processor and could let the iPa ...

So, you are saying now to enjoy my 1300.00 Phantom 4, I have to go buy a new Apple device??? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU!   That is some BS right there.  
And Brrrrrrrrrrrrp... My iPad Mini has an a5 processor.   Doesn't matter...the old versions should be left out there instead of abandoning your users!
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Explorographer Posted at 2016-12-4 20:37
So, you are saying now to enjoy my 1300.00 Phantom 4, I have to go buy a new Apple device??? FFFFFF ...

The list of recommended devices for the P4 has had A7 processors as a minimum requirement for quite some time. It's not abandonment if there was a minimum requirement that was chosen to be ignored. You can see if you can back up to an older version of the Go app, but most likely you need to at least get one generation newer in order to use the latest app.
2016-12-4
Use props
DM dean
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Having the same issues, says not compatible with my iPad, did you get this sorted
2017-3-14
Use props
fansab75c239
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16283 ft
Netherlands

Hi I am Chris, I'm using a iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular and it does not work! I want to be able to fly the P4 but it says it needs DJI4.0 it will not start up the old app.  So I went home to a internet connection  and tried to download the DJI4.0 app and it does not let me download it. It sates the iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular is not compatible  to download the DJI4.0 app.  What TF? Now I have a P4 paperweight?
I am disgusted with the lack of support of DJI, I have dumped a large part of my savings into an adventure called Phantom4 that would be the best thing around. Not even a year and it went out of production I feel DJI does not care at all about the people who put there trust in a firm called DJI

I live in Holland and they have the"bollenvelden" here where hectares of blooming flowers (tulips) in a wide variety of colors that people come in busloads to see from all over the world.  I want to make arial video's but a paperweight does just not do the job.  
People , PLEASE HELP me to get the phantom back up in the air.

I have tried to install the DJI4.0 app several times but to no avail.
Who can tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.
2017-4-17
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

Yeah same here, not possible to download DJI GO 4 to IPAD4, . This is a real arbitrary Cutoff DJI, we can't keep upgrading expen$$ive Apple Hardware because DJI is too lazy to support IPAD4! And no, there's nothing "slow" about an iPAD4..
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fansaeb28bba Posted at 2017-5-15 06:31
Yeah same here, not possible to download DJI GO 4 to IPAD4, . This is a real arbitrary Cutoff DJI, we can't keep upgrading expen$$ive Apple Hardware because DJI is too lazy to support IPAD4! And no, there's nothing "slow" about an iPAD4..

The iPad Mini 4 works fine with DJI's Go 4 app; I use that combination myself and I see comments on here from many other users who do the same. If you're having trouble installing the latest Go 4 app, you might make sure that your iPad has the latest version of iOS and then try again to install Go 4.
2017-5-15
Use props
BandjesHuis.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16283 ft
Netherlands

It just does not work, I have the latent iOS upgrade and have bought a second  iPad mini 4 WiFi celular that too does not work, I still have a P4 paperweight
2017-5-27
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just updated my Ipad mini 4 to Go 4.1.0 without any issues. Just flew two batteries without any problems.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans08b8e5f7
New
Flight distance : 15479 ft
Isle of Man

BandjesHuis.com Posted at 2017-5-27 08:59
It just does not work, I have the latent iOS upgrade and have bought a second  iPad mini 4 WiFi celular that too does not work, I still have a P4 paperweight

I have the iPad mini 2 and it works perfectly.
2017-6-10
Use props
Zip lean
New
Canada

My ipad mini is not compatible anymore also!!!  PRETTY SAD DEAL!!!!! CAN YOU SAT RIP OFF?
2017-6-11
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

I feel your pain, I went the same route, no-go on Ipad 4 , Bought a mini4 works great.
2017-6-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

BandjesHuis.com Posted at 2017-5-27 08:59

Are you trying to install the DJI Go app or the DJI Go 4 app? The latter is the one you want.
2017-6-11
Use props
fans91f23a34
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27014 ft
United States

I am pretty sure I found the issue as I've been having a live feed problem on my ipad 4 mini since the June 1st update (2017).

Check out bug number 1 in this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-102866-1-1.html

Short answer, it looks like the update caused instability in the auto channel selection and the work around is to choose a custom channel. Hope this helps others out as this has caused me a bunch of issues and was hard to figure out. Hope DJI fixes this ASAP in the next update.
Note: The Ipad Mini 4 (with latest IOS update) is indeed compatible with DJI 4. I've had no issues aside from this one with my Ipad Mini 4 and i switched from two seperate unstable android setups (Nexus 7 and Nexus) 6p before arriving at the iPad Mini 4.

2017-7-3
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And this is my issue with DJI using phones and tablets to control flying machines,   they really need to stop this practice, for the sake of the user and DJI themselves !   In this day and age the DJI craft should come with a Transmitter with a built in dedicated dumb screen hardwired and molded into the transmitter,   then all the FC and Transmitter control written in a standard programming language properly,   the end result is you wont get pages and pages of disgruntled DJI owners saying my  DingDong woolyback back phone with android version lollysmack stick, wont load and keeps crashing when i am playing saggy crush game in the background, or when my friend rings me on the mobile from paris it wont RTH,   and the million plus other variables of that scenario.    DJI FOR GOODNESS SAKE DO IT PROPERLY !  going cheap on the build is a pathetic excuse.   Phones are for ringing people not flying aircraft !   sorry for the rant !   its just wearing thin now !  maybe and just maybe its barely passable for the little spark, even then i hate the idea.   TOYs use this idea cos its cheap,  really cheap!  and no other reason.  
PRO's for a dedicated build.
1) only one set of hardware to write the code for.
2) total control of the hardware count.
3) easier to test and simulate firmware updates and upgrades
4) repeatability
5) less complaints from users
6) easier fault finding for genuine issues
7) more time to be spending on new development
8) less cost of unneccassary service time spent on craft called back in
9) Less USB cable/socket derived faults
10) more reliable ( and by that note, safer )
11) A More proffesional appearance ( rather than bits of USB wires hanging out )
12) Far easier to write Firmware and software for.
13) Far easier to write a reliable program to ensure trouble free FW updates
14) Less long term cost for DJI
15) Many many more

Cons
1) less excuses to hide behind if it does fail.
2) it will cost more (  but then most of us have bought a device to run this craft with anyway)
3) less time spent on the forums talking about work arounds to make this stuff work

2017-7-3
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7987028 ft
United States

I can edit the app so that you can install by bypassing the requirements of the device but that being said I will not be altering the app so it works correctly. Usually the device is not compatible for a reason i.e. Processor, OS, Graphics and so on. So this will allow you to install but from there I don't know without debugging what issue you may run into. Let me know if you would like me to do so.
2017-7-3
Use props
jellybeantech
New
Flight distance : 108 ft
United Kingdom

XTREMEDRONE INC Posted at 2017-7-3 15:13
I can edit the app so that you can install by bypassing the requirements of the device but that being said I will not be altering the app so it works correctly. Usually the device is not compatible for a reason i.e. Processor, OS, Graphics and so on. So this will allow you to install but from there I don't know without debugging what issue you may run into. Let me know if you would like me to do so.

Hello, would you be able to make the DJI Go 4 App work on my 4th Generation Ipad please? Many Thanks Darell
2017-7-5
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I don't understand why it won't work for you new iPad mini 4 owners, but works fine on my  older iPad Air 2 (A8 wifi only)  it works for some as most of the new videos that came out showing people adapting for use with the mini 4, if you have a device that's below A7 then it looks like you need to update, the back of the box says built for iPhone but iPads are ok.
2017-7-5
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-27 18:28

Are you sure? I'm on 10.3.2... iPad 4 Mini... app works like a charm... and now on my way to fly the drone ;-)
2017-7-5
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
United States

jellybeantech Posted at 2017-7-5 04:18
Hello, would you be able to make the DJI Go 4 App work on my 4th Generation Ipad please? Many Thanks Darell

I will work on that in a few hours and will let you know where to download it.
2017-7-5
Use props
XTREMEDRONE INC
lvl.3
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-7-5 08:08
Are you sure? I'm on 10.3.2... iPad 4 Mini... app works like a charm... and now on my way to fly the drone ;-)

I have read this post a few times and I haven't seen the op say he has an iPad mini 4 (they run A8 chipset) sounds like he has the iPad 4 (running A6x). You have to remember looking at time line alone iPad 4 production date is 2012 iPad mini 4 is 2015 and that alone should tell you that there could possibly be some compatibility issues.

I would say graphics and live streaming will most likely struggle.
2017-7-5
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

djiNE0 Posted at 2016-11-27 19:22
Yes I wad just reading this and how could they NOT to include iPad 4thgen??? What's the issue here DJI!!!

It's a five year old tablet. This is the same year the iPhone 5 came out. The deal is your iPad is not equipped to handle the app. You very likely won't even be able to upgrade iOS on the next release.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules