Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems with Slave controller
2046 21 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans37c8302d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 260397 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys!

So I have bough Inspire 1 V2.0 all you need kit.

My dad is my camera operator, and myself, I control the drone (as I have passed UAPQ-S certification and got PFCO).

Now the problem I have encountered was, yesterday we've been in quite remote are in Waverley, Sheffield, UK. There is fresh new living homes built, nice developing area. No hills, antennas, cables or trees, just two wind turbines about half mile away. Now I had great signal all the time without no interuption, but my dad's controller was getting interupted at distance of 15 meters. Once we get slightly off the ground, his ipad air 2 (same as mine) starts lightshow of lag, black and green color stripes. Antennas are in parallel, iPad is in position just as my own, I have solid video signal.

What's going on?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

So your Dad is getting bad video on his slave RC  only correct ?  The video signal comes directly from the aircraft to both RC  Transmitteres and then to the go app device. The control of the aircraft is ONLY through the Master.  The slave and Master communmicate with on another through the 5.8 siganl between the two of them, there is not long range with these two so be mindful of this .  The problem must be with the Go App device ( I pad )  that  the slave is on  or it could be a faulty cable or USB HDMI module ( part 54) on the back of the Slave RC.

To diagnose this , I would swap the Go app devices ( I pads )  from the Master to the Salve , see if it appears on the master and then swap cables and lastly you could swap HDMI  USB on the back of the RC.  This  will just be process of elimination .
Make sure also that the Image transmission settings are set the same , for exaple 50 hrz ( Or its 60 Hrz in the USA )  on both  and that you both are using just the USB ports and not the HDMI ports becasue you would have to enable that feature .  The Image transmission  settings are more than likely NOT the problem but I am covering the basics.  You could just give a quick look to the settings in general in both I pad apps and make sure there are no radical differences. Once again not likely but something to always look at if the Main suggestion does not work .  

Also make sure that the "hardware decode " is enabled on both the Master and Salve device go apps . Also make sure they are on the same version .   

Try my above suggestions and let me know .

donnie

2016-11-28
Use props
fans46d2ba76
lvl.1

United Kingdom

My slave has done is exactly the same, unable to CONTROL the Inspirer I have changed from slave to MASTER and have the same result, I now have a RMA to send it back to DJI
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you sorted it out?
Both RC's are on the same firmware correct?
Try what Donnie says and sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the GO app on both iPads.
When you get video lag on the slave, the camera control is still fine correct?
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans46d2ba76 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:18
My slave has done is exactly the same, unable to CONTROL the Inspirer I have changed from slave to M ...

That is strange if you switch the slave to master and still have the same issue.
Both RC's are on the same firmware correct?
The slave has no issues with camera control right, only video?
If you haven't sent them in yet, you can try deleting and reinstalling the GO app.
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

fans46d2ba76 Posted at 2016-11-28 10:18
My slave has done is exactly the same, unable to CONTROL the Inspirer I have changed from slave to M ...

The origianl poster is not having the same issue , the slave on theirs just has  poor video , yours on the other hand is a control issue . Have you already sent it in ? If not can you give some detail if you wish ?  Are you on current matching ( Compatible is a better word )  FW ?  do you have good video but faulty control or are both bad ?  Is this a brand new system ?  Need more information if you want us to lend a hand .

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 11:45
That is strange if you switch the slave to master and still have the same issue.
Both RC's are on  ...

This is  a different poster than the original , I had to do a double take myself .  This member is having control issues with his system if it is either in Master or Slave mode . This would be a possible mismatch of firmware or antenna issues .  Not enough information  to make a diagnosis if you ask me .

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 12:10
This is  a different poster than the original , I had to do a double take myself .  This member is ...

Ya I know, the 2nd person said they had the same issue so I asked them as well.
Did you order the I2 ?
And what happened to the last avatar, I liked that one better
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 12:15
Ya I know, the 2nd person said they had the same issue so I asked them as well.
Did you order the  ...

No order yet on the I2.  I have some points coming from Best Buy  ( from work )  and plan on getting it when they have them  available .  When the I2 gets the 4g it is going to be a game changer , I could make deliveries ( Novelty Items that come via drone ) the reception will be perfect , cant wait for that .  I have other ideas as well that i will share with you on another medium.  

Now as far as My Avatar....I like it , Bada  Bing ..... it has Stugots......know what I mean .
***dont forget also , if you ever want to get a new Buick or GMC .... I will make you an offer you cant refuse ......Capsih ?

donnie
aka Tony

2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 12:26
No order yet on the I2.  I have some points coming from Best Buy  ( from work )  and plan on gettin ...

Ya Capish?
I'm good on the vehicles, I have a Tesla M3 preordered and my current lease will take cover me until the M3 comes out.
But offers that can't be refused I'm always interested in, I would like another truck one day. I had a F150 and it really came in handy.
We'll talk in another year or so
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 12:48
Ya Capish?
I'm good on the vehicles, I have a Tesla M3 preordered and my current lease will take c ...

Prego

donnie
2016-11-28
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-11-28 12:48
Ya Capish?
I'm good on the vehicles, I have a Tesla M3 preordered and my current lease will take c ...

Can you help me out on one ,  New Member is having trouble registering, he is now updated to the latest FW but  cant register, does he need to rollback the RC and start over ?  Not sure on these or can you give him some generic user name and PW.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-73759-1-1.html

thanks

2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-28 13:30
Can you help me out on one ,  New Member is having trouble registering, he is now updated to the la ...

Replying over there.
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I was wondering if both iPads are running on the same OS version?
2016-11-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans46d2ba76 Posted at 2016-11-29 00:18

Just to clarify, did you select 'request control' when you were setting up the slave?
2016-11-28
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hi OP,

Slave video feed on the Inspire is broken due to frequency channels restrictions imposed by a FW/App update mid last year.
With a stock FW/App installation it just doesn't work.

To fix the problem, you will need to apply the '32 Channel hack' (google this) to apply a file to your devices that will re-enable the original frequency spread and output power.
Be aware however that this will take your system out of compliance and you will be technically illegal.

Some others have reported success in installing a separate 5.8Ghz antenna on their RCs, I've not gone down this route as yet as the 'hack' is still working for me.  

This problem is well known  and documented, both here and on other forums - it has nothing at all to do with cables, iPads, etc.
2016-11-29
Use props
Donnie
Captain
United States

Are you all set or do you need assistance ? sorry if I got off topic on your thread, I try to get back to all my requests in a timely fashion , let me know or you can e mail me anytime .

donaldjames1990@gmail.com
2016-11-30
Use props
Umage Sheffield
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-28 21:38
I was wondering if both iPads are running on the same OS version?

Hello,

Ya both ipads are same model ipad air 2 (mine 16gb, my dads 32gb) both running 10.1.1, both controllers were on 17.5.0 now updated to 17.6.0 so I havent tested it yet (UK weather ftw). Does slave needs to request control on each flight, or once setup finished first time it will be ok all the time?
2016-11-30
Use props
Umage Sheffield
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie Posted at 2016-11-30 13:51
Are you all set or do you need assistance ? sorry if I got off topic on your thread, I try to get ba ...

Hi Donnie,

Sorry been away for a bit. I have updated both controller firmwares to 17.6.0 after that troublesome flight and will see how it goes next time, but I'm really surprised of signal breaking at 15 meters distance when it supposed to hold fairly good signal for up to 2 miles (on good conditions).
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Umage Sheffield Posted at 2016-12-1 04:26
Hello,

Ya both ipads are same model ipad air 2 (mine 16gb, my dads 32gb) both running 10.1.1, bot ...

Once you request control once, your normally good to go as long as you don't make any other changes to your set up. There could be a chance of having to do it again after the firmware update if you relink the RC, swap master/slave RCs or reset the RC in general, but that does not happen often. Please keep us posted how your next flight goes.
2016-11-30
Use props
emadawad
lvl.1

Australia

Having the same issue here.. slave poor image. tried a heap of things and still same issue.
List of what I tried below:

Having this issue and been trolling through the forums trying to find a solution and not having any luck.

Tried a few things:

- Downgrading Firmware on AC and RC from 1.10.1.40 down to 1.9.1.30.
- Downgrading RC firmware also from 1.7 to 1.6
- Switching Master to Slave and Slave to Master
- Running different options for App devices such as Samsung phones, tables, ipads, iphones and switching them between master and slave.
- Different connector cables.
- Switching off image to app as well as HDMI

After all these trials I am still getting poorer image on the whichever unit is used as slave.  image is chopping and unreliable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-4
Use props
fans20f08e78
Brazil

Hello, I have an i2, the problem is that the slave control loses the signal very easy, just pass a person in the front that the signal fails, is it possible to improve the reach of the slave? The DJI says it works up to 50 meters but I actually have many signal problems much closer.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules