Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad Magic in my GO App
1576 15 2016-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9136803f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2969 ft
United States

Phantom 3 Progo app 2.4
bird 1.4.1
RC 1.3.20
device Ipad mini 3 A1599  8.0

I think I have a problem with my go app, diagnostics tells me I have, Exception type EXC_Resource subtype WAKEUPS Exception message (limit 150/sec) Observed 511/sec triggered by Thread 40 then ( Bad magic) meaning its got some malware, Apple has said to update, so if I update the Go App will I have to update the firmware also, my understanding is the latest  firmware is not compatable with my current device, is this true? I cannot connect to the app, I can fly take pics and video but no live view, sometimes it will work, after many many tries over days and days, I have installed the 2.4 go app on my iphone5se and it will not work there either, but diagnostics still say its a wakeup problem on the iphone5se but no Bad Magic,  ios has a limit on the number of wakeup signals per second, has this been an issue with ios devices, if I update to ios 10. will that fix the problem?   

Jeff
2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Regardless of those pilots who insist to resist, relying on earlier versions, or those who refuse to update.

Staying firmware and Go app current, is always going to be the preferred version.

There are quite often software fixes and updates that aren't mentioned in the liner notes.
That goes for iOS and Windows updates as well, stay updated and fly free.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-28
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.3
United States

You didn't answer any of my questions, you seem to be a regular here, my question is will my ipad work with the newest updates?
2016-11-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only way you're going to know is to try it. I would get all the updates done and then see what it comes up with. Here's the supported list for P3P:-

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
2016-11-28
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.3
United States

Thanks, so if I update will I be back here like so many with the same issues of cannot connect or has this been resolved in you opinion?
2016-11-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jpaydirt Posted at 2016-11-28 23:50
Thanks, so if I update will I be back here like so many with the same issues of cannot connect or ha ...

It's your choice entirely, I cannot comment on whether you would have any problems when updated, but at least most of them can be resolved with a simple roll back of firmware or software. And you might well be in a better position than you are at the moment.
I have a P4 (and iPad Pro on IOS 10.1.1) and have always updated. There have been a few problems here and there, but no show stoppers barring DJI V2.8.2 (screen image breaking up badly), which was resolved about four days later with 2.8.3.
Make a backup of your ipad and you could always restore if needed, RC and aircraft can be rolled back easily(albeit one version only for aircraft if I remember right).

You could try your IOS update first and see how that goes.
2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Jpaydirt Posted at 2016-11-28 16:33
You didn't answer any of my questions, you seem to be a regular here, my question is will my ipad wo ...

ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

The above DJI approved lists are only there as a general guideline. As stated, you need to down load the Go app and see if it works for your particular device.

Same for four...
http://www.phantom-four.com/compatible-devices/

RedHotPoker
2016-11-28
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-11-28 17:07
It's your choice entirely, I cannot comment on whether you would have any problems when updated, bu ...

I did try it on my iphone 5 SE with ios 10 and it has the same DJI wakeups issues, so let me ask you about updating, is there a procedure to update to certain versions first before going to the latest versions, you also mentioned roll back to earlier versions what's that all about, also can the new go app work with my current firmware? if you know,I went to the app store and the reviews for DJI go app 3.1 are ten to one against it.
2016-11-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Ten out of hundreds~thousands? Most people have no problems, so they never post or reply to negative forum threads.

Every drone is individual, just as the pilots for every drone out there. Aside from guys who buy multiples. Ha

RedHotPoker
2016-11-28
Use props
Jpaydirt
lvl.3
United States

So RedHotPoker are you rushing over to update to the new firmware? or will you be waiting ?  I'm looking for the procedure to update, do I need to start with the next one above what I have now, or can I skip some, or do I need to resolve my disconnected issue first
2016-11-29
Use props
Alex_Pierson
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-6-20
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm using the original iPad Mini ios8 (v.1) it runs the latest Go app without any issues... so give it a try. Also the TX  ( a ver.B type) has the latest 1.8 fw installed as well, but you will need to remove the malware first.
2017-6-20
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-6-20 22:43
I'm using the original iPad Mini ios8 (v.1) it runs the latest Go app without any issues... so give it a try. Also the TX  ( a ver.B type) has the latest 1.8 fw installed as well, but you will need to remove the malware first.

Which malware is that ?

The likelihood is that any malware scanners will infect your machine with unwanted rubbish.
2017-6-21
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The originator of the thread had the malware - i'm perfectly fine n happy.
2017-6-21
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-6-21 08:43
The originator of the thread had the malware - i'm perfectly fine n happy.

Ahhhh that explains all, sorry, I just put 2+2 together between your post and the one prior to that, and got 5
2017-6-21
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem
2017-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now