Battery Signal Error after DJI GO update
3323 17 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb00bf52
lvl.3
Canada

Phantom 4.  I updated DJI GO to 3.1.0 and tested it out with battery around 70%.  I got a "Battery Signal Error".  With DJI Assistant 2 I downgraded to V01.02.503 and did not get the error message.  Factory Reset and then update to V01.02.0602 and the Error is still there.

Battery levels appear ok in this pic.

I did clean battery points with eraser.   Have 2 other batteries that do not have this issue.

Is battery toast?

Battery level

Battery level
2016-11-29
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know the SN of this battery?and how long you have used it?
Please try to fully discharge it and charge it again, if it persists, then send us the screenshot with the error, thanks.
2016-11-29
Use props
fanscb00bf52
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-29 23:31
Please try to fully discharge it a ...

SN 082AD250310DAK  Purchased 4/16/2016 with 65 charges to date.  So it is just past waranty.

Did the full discharge/charge and is 100% charged, but still get the Battery Signal Error as shown in pic.

I have a question to you.  If I downgrade the battery to V01.02.0503 then everything is appears fine to fly.  Would this be an option to use the battery that way or would there be other unknown issues?
Battery Signal Error.jpg
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanscb00bf52 Posted at 2016-12-1 05:15
SN 082AD250310DAK  Purchased 4/16/2016 with 65 charges to date.  So it is just past waranty.

Did  ...

Thank you for the details, for this case, please send it in and our engineers will help you evaluate it.Please send an e-mail with the subject "Forum Support" to support@dji.com and include the following information, we'll create a case for you:
Brief Description of your Issue:
Full Name:
Email Address:
Phone Number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Link to your case on Forum:

2016-11-30
Use props
fanscb00bf52
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-30 22:57
Thank you for the details, for this case, please send it in and our engineers will help you evaluat ...

Thank you.  email is sent.
2016-12-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanscb00bf52 Posted at 2016-12-1 22:32
Thank you.  email is sent.

OK, we'll help you create the case once we receive your information and e-mail you with some details.
2016-12-1
Use props
fanse9ac2261
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. It's the upgrade at fault. Lots of other people complaining on forums.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansac720c7d
New
Monaco

I have the exact same problem . Updated the firmware to 01.02.0602 and now the battery that was installed in the drone during the update process is giving me a battery signal error and won't let me fly. The 2 other batteries that I have are fine. DJI need to address this problem quickly and give a satisfactory response as many other people are experiencing the exact same issue.

2017-1-8
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem also , I have 2 batteries, the battery that is in the drone when the update is done gets the battery signal error,I then down graded and both batteries were ok, did the upgrade again with the other battery in and that got the error, but the battery that showed the error before worked ok ,

I am now running the .503 software and both batteries are good
2017-1-8
Use props
feuillet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5984 ft
Switzerland

Another Thread with the same issue:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-77756-1-1.html

Same problem here.

What are the downsides of the old firmware? Assume it is safe to fly? Any issues there?
2017-1-9
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

Any updates on this
2017-1-11
Use props
ScM
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Phantom 4. Battery Signal Error. After update firmware v1.02.0602.
SN - 082AD7F03109CH, 10 - charged...
ZfdMsS7NLk0.jpg
2017-4-11
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone at DJI want to get the new update released? I hear it has another battery update and hopefully will fix the many 602 battery issues. Cheaper, quicker and less frustrating than sending in.
2017-4-12
Use props
Carlmyman
lvl.1
United States

fanscb00bf52 Posted at 2016-11-30 13:15

Did the full discharge/charge and is 100% charged, but still get the Battery Signal Error as shown in pic.

I have the exact same message rendering the battery useless.  I also have the tiny crack over the 4th led which I saw others in the forum talking about.  My battery has been charged only 9 times (4 of them to discharge/charge trying to get it to work.  
2017-4-22
Use props
Carlmyman
lvl.1
United States

I have 3 batteries & 1 of them has this issue ( crack above 4th LED ).  It also has a "Battery Signal Error" which makes it unusable for anything more than a paperweight!  It has so little time on it ( 9 charges with 4 of them trying to discharge/charge ).  Contacted DJI  NYC & got the sorry it's out of warranty reply.  So what do you do in this case?  Any help or DJI people want to fix what is technically your screw up?  Would surely appreciate a software update to fix the Battery Signal Error so I could at least use the battery.  Sorry If I'm rambling it is upsetting.  Another thing, I went to Best Buy last week to buy a battery & was told there is no return policy on them, I would have to deal with the manufacturer if there was any problems.  What gives people?  I'm going to spend $175 for a battery & can't return it if there is a problem the next day!  Not the Best Buy in my mind.
2017-4-24
Use props
fansac720c7d
New
Monaco

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-11-29 23:31
Please try to fully discharge it and charge it again, if it persists, then send us the screenshot with the error, thanks.

I have exactly the same problem. Battery was working fine with the previous firmware. Immediately following update to  V01.02.0602, I get the same Battery Signal Error. Ironic that it was supposed to optimise power management for storage. I now have a battery that has just 14 charge cycles on it that is now bricked. To add insult to injury, DJI have removed the option to roll back to a previous firmware.

Come on DJI, please do something about this. It seems that there are quite a few of your customers that are experiencing the same problems and it seems it is completely due to the latest  firmware.  The least the company can do is admit that this is due to faulty firmware and provide a solution.

2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansac720c7d Posted at 2017-4-25 15:10
I have exactly the same problem. Battery was working fine with the previous firmware. Immediately following update to  V01.02.0602, I get the same Battery Signal Error. Ironic that it was supposed to optimise power management for storage. I now have a battery that has just 14 charge cycles on it that is now bricked. To add insult to injury, DJI have removed the option to roll back to a previous firmware.

Come on DJI, please do something about this. It seems that there are quite a few of your customers that are experiencing the same problems and it seems it is completely due to the latest  firmware.  The least the company can do is admit that this is due to faulty firmware and provide a solution.

Sorry to hear about that, the case has been reported, the battery needs to be sent in, our engineers will help you handle it.
Please feel free to contact our tech support for a case number, you can get in touch with support via support.eu@dji.com.
2017-4-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Carlmyman Posted at 2017-4-24 07:04
I have 3 batteries & 1 of them has this issue ( crack above 4th LED ).  It also has a "Battery Signal Error" which makes it unusable for anything more than a paperweight!  It has so little time on it ( 9 charges with 4 of them trying to discharge/charge ).  Contacted DJI  NYC & got the sorry it's out of warranty reply.  So what do you do in this case?  Any help or DJI people want to fix what is technically your screw up?  Would surely appreciate a software update to fix the Battery Signal Error so I could at least use the battery.  Sorry If I'm rambling it is upsetting.  Another thing, I went to Best Buy last week to buy a battery & was told there is no return policy on them, I would have to deal with the manufacturer if there was any problems.  What gives people?  I'm going to spend $175 for a battery & can't return it if there is a problem the next day!  Not the Best Buy in my mind.

May I know when and where you purchased the battery?
You notice the crack issue and "Battery Signal Error" on the same battery?
Did you contact our tech support to report this case? If so, would you please message me the phone number and e-mail address you used to contact us? thanks.
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules