Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Possible DJI will upgrade the Mavic with the Phantom 4 pro camera?
4837 8 2016-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drjhnsn
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just received my new Mavic yesterday and already have the Phantom 4.  Tempted to get the Phantom 4 pro due to the improved camera but travel international a lot and love the Mavic portability.  Would love for DJI to upgrade the Mavic in the future to add the camera from the Phantom 4 pro.  Any thoughts from folks if the Mavic could accommodate the larger camera?
2016-11-29
Use props
jvanderhoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14045 ft
United States

We'll likely see something like that on whatever the Mavic 2 Pro ends up looking like but I highly doubt DJI will create an upgrade camera system for the original Mavic Pro. They haven't done anything like that for the Phantom series and they use that upgradeability on the Inspire as a selling point.
2016-11-29
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think to incorporate the size of the 1 inch sensor with manual shutter you'd need to increase the form factor of the Mavic, therefore defeating the point of the deluxe selfie drone. The better option would have been to add foldable legs to the P4P like with Xiaomi Drone to allow easier storage. I do see the Gimbal being improved on the Mavic for a newer revision early 2017 due to many reported problems but no Mavic 2 for at least 12-18 months.
2016-11-29
Use props
fansf35f755f
Captain
Flight distance : 331 ft
Italy

I would like too that a new version of Mavic would have the larger sensor of P4P: the image quality would improve consistently: right now the Mavic mounts a 1/2/3 inchs sensor that don't match professional requirements, about image quality, while larger sensor of P4P does it.
2017-4-24
Use props
Levurmion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182710 ft
Indonesia

Have you seen DJI's Phantom X concept drone? Perhaps that's the pinnacle drone they're aiming for. Even though the video only showed CGI drones, the concept looks promising to me.
2017-4-24
Use props
ClaudioTrezzani
Captain
Italy

I would like too that a new version of Mavic would have the larger sensor of P4P: the image quality would improve consistently: right now the Mavic mounts a 1/2/3 inchs sensor that doesn't match professional requirements, about image quality, while larger sensor of P4P does it.
2017-4-26
Use props
ClaudioTrezzani
Captain
Italy

The size of  P4P' camera is only slight greater than the Mavic one (I mean camera, not quadcopter): so a new version of Mavic with a one inch sensor as the P4P one, wolud meet desiders of professional that need of a professional tool in compact size.
2017-4-26
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

No     .
2017-4-26
Use props
StigNygaard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

A camera with 1 inch sensor will be too big for a compact drone like Mavic. You have to chose between convenience and camera/sensor :-)
But there might still (hopefully) be room for some camera improvements in a Mavic II. But I wouldn't expect it in 2017.

Also stepping up in sensor size makes focusing more important/critical. And thinking about how much confusion and frustrations the need of focusing with Mavic's camera has created for some, you might even guess/fear DJI could be considering going back to a fix-focus camera on a Mavic II (like it is on most consumer drones including Phantom 3 and the "original" Phantom 4s). But I certainly do not hope that happens.
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules