M600 landing gear screw replacement?
4349 19 2016-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyUpThere.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1290141 ft
United States

Has anybody else had an issue with the landing gear screws loosening or coming out completely on your M600? On both of our M600s the screws have loosened or completely fallen out. This is on the pivoting/folding portion of the landing gear (See photos for exact location). These are the screws with the star/Torx heads, not the standard hex wrench heads like most of the screws on the aircraft. Also, the screws are different than most in that about half of the shank is smooth - no threads.
I've contacted DJI about getting replacements and/or specs for the screws so I could purchase them elsewhere, but so far no response. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jason

Landing gear 1

Landing gear 1

Landing gear 2

Landing gear 2
2016-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to get a better understanding, how many flights or landing gear tests have you done with this unit? I have not come across this being common place unless there was excessive use or extreme vibration. The latter would have affected all other screws as well. Were you experiencing a lot of vibration in flight in general? When did you contact the Support team? They would be able to help you out with sending replacement screws out.
2016-11-30
Use props
FlyUpThere.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1290141 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-30 17:06
Just to get a better understanding, how many flights or landing gear tests have you done with this u ...

The aircraft has 160 flights. I haven't noticed any vibrations or bad flight characteristics. It's quite stable and flies very well and I haven't noticed any other screws coming loose. I first contacted support about this issues on November 16. The support rep sent me an email asking for photos so they could determine exactly which screws I was referring to. I replied that same day with the photos you see in my original post. I sent a follow up email about 3 days later, and another earlier this week, but I haven't received a response.

Also, after posting here I sent a support email from your website for this same issue. I did receive a reply letting me know that they were working on it. Support ticket # 351944. Just letting you know that so you don't have two people working on the same issue.
2016-12-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

FlyUpThere.com Posted at 2016-12-3 02:13
The aircraft has 160 flights. I haven't noticed any vibrations or bad flight characteristics. It's ...

I've confirmed that everything's good to go to send the screws out. It's great to hear you've gotten a lot of mileage out of your aircraft, you'll be up and running again in no time.
2016-12-2
Use props
Radford
New
Flight distance : 673064 ft

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 15:08
I've confirmed that everything's good to go to send the screws out. It's great to hear you've gotten a lot of mileage out of your aircraft, you'll be up and running again in no time.

We are having the exact same trouble with our M600 landing gear screws at work.

We discovered one landing gear screw (I believe it's a M3-8 cylinder) was missing on a job site. Luckily, the missing screw was in the case & we were able to put it back & continue the job.

Before heading out on our next job, we found that we were missing a different landing gear screw. We had 1 spare screw that came with the M600.

Now I'm nervous, we have no more spare screws.

Can you confirm that our missing screws are called "M3-8 cylinder" screws? Is it possible to order replacement screws?

Thank you.
2017-5-10
Use props
Radford
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-2 15:08

We discovered one landing gear screw (I believe it's a M3-8 cylinder) was missing on a job site. Luckily, the missing screw was in the case & we were able to put it back & continue the job.

Before heading out on our next job, we found that we were missing a different landing gear screw. We had 1 spare screw that came with the M600.

Now I'm nervous, we have no more spare screws.

Can you confirm that our missing screws are called "M3-8 cylinder" screws? Is it possible to order replacement screws?

Thank you.
2017-5-10
Use props
Radford
New

United States

We're having the exact same issue. Thank you for your post. It's always reassuring that someone else is experiencing the same trouble.
2017-5-10
Use props
Radford
New

United States

We're having the exact same issue. Thank you for your post. It's always reassuring that someone else is experiencing the same trouble. Did you guys put locktight on you replacement screws? We purchased our M600 assembled so I'm not sure if some bits shouldn't have thread locker.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Radford Posted at 2017-5-10 08:18

I'll need a bit to confirm, but have you started a case with Support about this so they could have some replacement screws sent out to you?
2017-5-10
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Should we remove and apply thread locker to these screws to help preventing the issue? Maybe a silly question, I should say, that is what I will be doing to try to prevent issues.
2017-5-12
Use props
Radford
New

United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-5-12 06:03
Should we remove and apply thread locker to these screws to help preventing the issue? Maybe a silly question, I should say, that is what I will be doing to try to prevent issues.

Yes, I confirmed with DJI tech support that we should all be using thread locker.
2017-6-12
Use props
Radford
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-10 15:07
I'll need a bit to confirm, but have you started a case with Support about this so they could have some replacement screws sent out to you?

CAS-644584-N6M5P5

Yes, I have been talking with Amos Zhang. I haven't heard anything since 5/15/2017.  Thank you for checking. I appreciate this forum.
2017-6-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Radford Posted at 2017-6-12 13:02
CAS-644584-N6M5P5

I'll follow up with them and I'll see if there's a better update for you.
2017-6-13
Use props
Radford
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-13 16:32

Thank you so much! It worked, I got an email saying that DJI is sending replacement screws. I should receive a tracking email soon. I really appreciate all the support.

My company ordered a replacement screw kit as well. Between spare parts, thread locker, & making it a focus of the preflight, I'm hoping we'll never have this issue again.

Thank you to everyone on the forum too, it's so helpful to be able to discuss our issues.
2017-6-15
Use props
c53steeler
lvl.1

United States

Hi!  I had a question on how the A3 works.  I currently have the A2, and it needs a 2.4GHz datalink.  The A3 is not compatible with that, but does not seem to have any replacement for it.  I am not running the D-RTK, and I do not have the Datalink Pro.  So how was the 2.4GHz datalink replaced?  I am using the Lightbridge 2.  I am assuming the information that the 2.4GHz was communicating is somehow going through the Lightbridge 2, but I do not understand how that can be happening.  Any clarification would be appreciated!  Thanks!
2017-6-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

c53steeler Posted at 2017-6-15 06:36
Hi!  I had a question on how the A3 works.  I currently have the A2, and it needs a 2.4GHz datalink.  The A3 is not compatible with that, but does not seem to have any replacement for it.  I am not running the D-RTK, and I do not have the Datalink Pro.  So how was the 2.4GHz datalink replaced?  I am using the Lightbridge 2.  I am assuming the information that the 2.4GHz was communicating is somehow going through the Lightbridge 2, but I do not understand how that can be happening.  Any clarification would be appreciated!  Thanks!

If you're planning on unsing the new Ground Station Pro app for iOS, you wouldn't need anything else besides the A3 and LB2. No  additional datalinks needed.
2017-6-15
Use props
c53steeler
lvl.1

United States

What about for non iOS?
2017-6-16
Use props
Radford
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-13 16:32

I wanted to follow up one more time, I received the promised spare parts from DJI.

Thank you so much for staying on this and helping us.

I encourage everyone to stock up on spare parts, maintenance is important and despite the fact that customer service came through, no one wants to lose jobs waiting on parts.

DJI is a great company. They stand by their products. When we expand our fleet, we will buy DJI again.
2017-6-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Radford Posted at 2017-6-19 07:05
I wanted to follow up one more time, I received the promised spare parts from DJI.

Thank you so much for staying on this and helping us.

I'm glad to hear that got sorted, thank you for the update.
2017-6-19
Use props
Skylark Aerial
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2411276 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just had this issue with bolts coming out from the landing gear too. Our M600 only has about 50 flights. Both of the bolts at the top one leg - the top image in this thread- have fallen out during flight. A bit embarrassing as the client was there with us. The right leg then became jammed half-up & became jammed with the ronin. We eventually got it on the ground safely, but I think it's an issue that has happened to a few other people. I just heard about one other operator in the South of UK who recently had a similar issue.
As well as the bolt itself I think there should be a bushing or something in there as well, which is also missing. Can you advise where I should get these parts from in the UK? I need them as soon as possible as I have more work coming up. I haven't yet contacted my dealer, as I know they don't carry many small spares like this.
2017-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules