M600 Battery Signal Error
4236 12 2016-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys!  

So my M600 constantly start up and give me a battery signal error and will not fly.  The batteries do not show up on the battery page, and no voltage is on the main screen, even though the caft is powered on.  Sometimes I can move batteries around and the problem goes away, however it has gotten worse.  I have 3 full sets of batteries abd it happens on any combination I try.  I have submitted an email to DJI explaining the problem.  My ticket number is 353863.  

It is very embarassing for this to happen in front of a client, and it has happened multiple times.  

Any help would be great.  Thanks!

Jeb

2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1740699 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeb, I also have the same issue but it only shows up at the very beginning of the boot cycle and then goes away after 2 or 3 seconds. I have a friend that is also having the same issue. I think these problems started after the last update. Luckily we are not having the type of issue you are having and yes it does look bad when you have paying customer watching this happen. In the past I was happy to show them what it looks like on the screen and watch their reactions. Now....not so much.  I'm just guessing but this will be a firmware issue no doubt. DJI hasn't had a significant update for the 600 for a while and I suspect they are trying to work out all the issues and give us a solid fix for these problems not just a band aid that fixes two problems and creates three more. But I could be wrong............
2016-12-2
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

mikes1 Posted at 2016-12-2 16:40
Jeb, I also have the same issue but it only shows up at the very beginning of the boot cycle and the ...

I talked to DJI on the phone today and they think it is a PMU issue so I am sending it to California for inspection.  My problem persists until I turn the craft off and try again.  Waiting for it to go away does nothing.
2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2016-12-2 15:48
I talked to DJI on the phone today and they think it is a PMU issue so I am sending it to Californ ...

Well if it's a PMU issue then they have a big problem with PMU's. I guess it depends on what day of the week yours came off the assembly line as to how much trouble "if any" your are having with this problem. Keep us updated on what they find.
2016-12-2
Use props
Krankie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2016-12-2 16:48
I talked to DJI on the phone today and they think it is a PMU issue so I am sending it to Californ ...

Uhhh, you actually talked to a dedicated M600 tech?
2016-12-2
Use props
mikes1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Update your go app. I was having compass calibration issues and a short battery error warning message at startup. Both warnings have seemingly gone away......lets hope!
2016-12-7
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

DJI replaced the A3 and PMU at no cost.... However, they absolutely destroyed my GPC case I shipped it to them in.
2017-3-4
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2017-3-4 15:37
DJI replaced the A3 and PMU at no cost.... However, they absolutely destroyed my GPC case I shipped it to them in.

Bummer, I would file a claim with whoever the shipper was, UPS/whoever. Might be too late now. That sucks on a $1k case....
2017-3-7
Use props
Jeb Smith
lvl.1

United States

I did file a claim.  UPS said that I should have put the giant GPC case into an even bigger case with 2 inches of packing peanuts around the GPC.  I swear to god that was their answer.  
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jeb Smith Posted at 2017-3-4 15:37

Could you happen to verify if this is regarding CAS-347883-P3M1M8? Have you already attempted a FedEx claim?
2017-3-8
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.2

United States

I'm having the same trouble.

M600 flew beautifully 2 times earlier in the day. Then we got "Battery Error" and none of our 4 sets of batteries would work.

I have tried to do an update since one became available while we were in the field. Now I can't update because it says "BAT.Mgr device is not connected" and then it says none of the 6 batteries are connected.

I've attached a pic, hope it comes through.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I just don't understand, it was flying like a dream, we moved to a different area and suddenly we got this battery error. I just don't understand what could have happened, the flights went so smoothly.
2018-4-30
Use props
Radf9760
lvl.2

United States

Okay, I got a good tech support person via email. She came to the same conclusion I did, she said, "It seems that the batteries cannot communicate with the main board properly."

I sent her a screenshot of the update failure message from DJI Ass 2. I also sent her screenshots of what DJI GO shows me now for battery status. In the left hand menu it says "invalid battery." In the right hand battery menu, there's just no battery info at all.

DJI Go no longer has a message saying I need to update the firmware. The update did get to 100% before DJI Ass 2 said the update failed due to the bat manager & batteries being disconnected. Perhaps the M600 did update.

DJI Go now says there's a compass error in the header instead of "battery error." Still, it says "invalid battery" further down and as I said, there's no info on the battery menu panel. I'm not too worried about the compass error, it's easy enough to calibrate the compass and I am in my office, a compass error isn't out of line.

I found the PMU port in the M600 manual, I pulled the the top cover (the one with the fan in it) off and checked, the PMU cable is plugged in and nothing looks amiss. I checked the M600 Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines, PMU does stand for Power Management Unit. The PMU is connected at the factory and there is a warning not to mess with factory-connected parts. Thus, I haven't done more than look at where the PMU cable plugs into LB2.

I'm hoping the tech support gal I'm talking to will suggest digging into the M600 a bit to examine the PMU cable and make sure the other end is plugged in properly. Given the note in the Disclaimer & Safety Guidelines though, I don't want to do that without being instructed to do so.

It's still a weird situation though. Say I did dig into the M600 and found that the PMU cable was unplugged - how the devil would that have happened? As I said in my first post, I did two beautiful flights that day before getting the battery error, nothing went awry, there wasn't turbulence, no hard landing. The M600 flew just fine, got packed safely back into its case, and when we unpacked it a couple of hours later, we had a battery error. So it just doesn't seem like it could be a disconnected or damaged cable because how the devil could it have become damaged/disconnected?

I'm really worried that the PMU failed. If it did just randomly fail, we are exceptionally lucky that it didn't do so in the air.
2018-5-1
Use props
ShelleyM
lvl.1
United States

after 5 years, I am having the same problem.

I have two sets of batteries. one set works fine but the other set often report error in the field. I did some indoor diagnose of the trouble set, but they went through fine.
My drone should be fine since it is always works well with the other set.

any more info or feedback?
2021-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules