CrystalSky monitor for Mavic?
2889 5 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

I have been reading threads with all these issues having to do with this phone and that phone, some are on the approved list, some aren't, but there seem to be some problems with ANY brand phone and the Mavic at this point.  Just when I think I'm going to purchase a dedicated phone for use with the Mavic ONLY, I see that the one I had settled on now has issues with it.  The new P4P coming out has an option of using the new DJI Crystal Sky display on the P4P+ model and DJI says that it (the monitor, not the controller) can be used with the Mavic as well as the P4P, Inspire and others.  
My questions are these, and hopefully some DJI personnel swing by and shed some light........
1) Will purchasing the Crystal Sky monitor for use with the Mavic take care of these glitches we are experiencing with third party phones since it's a dedicated DJI model?
2) When (ballpark) will we be able to purchase a separate Crystal Sky monitor that isn't connected to a P4P+ controller?
3)Can you tell us whether it's a possiblity to purchase the Crystal Sky monitor WITH the Mavic 2 when it's released in the future?  Seems like a no brainer if you already have it for the P4P+ and if the answer to question 1 is "yes".  
Thanks for any info!
Sarge

2016-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would imagine dji would say that crystalsky will take care of any glitches with phones.

I don't imagine anyone will tell you when it will be released

And I'm certain they're not going to be able to tell you about Mavic 2..

I hope it arrives soon will take care of a lot of stuff..
2016-12-3
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

Hey, a guy can hope can't he?  
Sarge
2016-12-3
Use props
mavicme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

How will this fit on the current Mavic controller?  The thickness doesn't look like it will fit unless there's a different form factor or there another version of the Mavic RC that has the integrated.
2016-12-27
Use props
DINGO DOWN UNDA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3058816 ft
Australia

sarge43 Posted at 2016-12-4 07:20
Hey, a guy can hope can't he?  
Sarge

You are totally correct. I cannot wait for the Crystalsky tablets to become available. To have a tablet just to use for the Go app will be awesome and DJI will have NO excuses for firmware updates going wrong. As for me I have the P3A and sitting on older firmware for both the RC and Phantom and using Litchi and it works fine!. I will purchase a Mavic in 2017 and hopefully by then they have ironed out all the CRAP that has been happening with them...I work hard for my money and will not hand over $$$$ for defective products. If DJI dont clean up their act ..they will suffer and I think the Crystalsky Tablets will be their saviour!!!. I really hope so for their sake AND ours!

Cheers mate!!
2016-12-27
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

" How will this fit on the current Mavic controller? "

Its called design modification and the people at the factory designing this stuff to retro fit the mavic will take that into account rest assured.
Even if it has two small clips attached to the back at either end to mimic phone thickness.

Good questions Sarge, hope we can extract some info fro DJI soon, to save buying a dedicated phone now/soon, only to find a week later the CS is made available.
2016-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules