How to reattach camera
2750 6 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

My Mavic drifted up into a tree, sheared off is blades and crashed upside down on its back. The camera looks ok but is detached from the plastic rectangle with the 4 rubber bands. Does anyone know how to attach the camera to the body?
2016-12-3
Use props
WebCo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 137362 ft
Australia

The L shaped Gimbal mounted bracket snapped off on my first crash.... Nothing I could do to fix it so I have had to send it back for repair (a $3 part - total repair cost AU $78, but it is looking like atleast a month turnaround to get it back).

If your mounting plate is intact, and the rubber bands are not broken, you may just be able to pop it back so it sits correct

2016-12-3
Use props
MSavage
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks for the reply! I couldn't not reattach the camera unfortunately. Back to DJI it goes.
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash. A repair service would be the best course of action.
You had contacted our tech support and sent it in, right?
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

WebCo Posted at 2016-12-3 14:49
The L shaped Gimbal mounted bracket snapped off on my first crash.... Nothing I could do to fix it s ...

The repair time in the US repair facility is 1-2 weeks, so the OP won't be without their Mavic for too long.
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your crash, you can call 818-235-0789 Monday AM starting at 7 PST and they will email you a shipping label.
2016-12-3
Use props
fansb15aa1a7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16768 ft
South Africa

Hi, I have a similar experience.
The mounting bracket has managed to come loose from the housing on three corners. The elastics are still visible and undamaged. Three of the four have come loose and the bracket is floating in the housing with the gimbal still attached. In other words I can't see any damage but the plate needs to be re-positioned correctly. Is there an instruction video on how to reconnect the rubber bands to the plate below?
2017-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules