Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Brand new P3 battery won't chatge
722 7 2016-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silverado21
New

United States

Brand new p3 from target, never flown. Took the battery out of the box and plugged it in first led flashes a hand full of times and goes off. Tried to put it in the p3 and it won't turn it on, tried the turn it on then plug it in trick and left it overnight with No luck. Got a second battery from target, charged perfectly. any ideas?
2016-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please make a short video of the battery issue? I'll help to check it.
2016-12-4
Use props
Silverado21
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 05:57
Could you please make a short video of the battery issue? I'll help to check it.

https://twitter.com/ryancampbell25/status/805423723524145153
2016-12-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Silverado21 Posted at 2016-12-4 22:49
https://twitter.com/ryancampbell25/status/805423723524145153

Do you have another battery to test the charger?
Just want to make sure if it's the charger issue.
2016-12-4
Use props
Silverado21
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 18:59

Yes, the second battery I bought charged perfectly
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Silverado21 Posted at 2016-12-5 23:07
Yes, the second battery I bought charged perfectly

It's better to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-5
Use props
fans28240e45
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-4 19:59

Hello DJI Mindy -  Was this issue ever resolved?  I have a similar issue with a brand new DJI Phantom 3 battery.  My primary battery charges perfectly normal.  But my brand new backup battery will not power on my Phantom, and will not take a charge.

When attached to the charger, the LED1 (furthest from power button) flashes three times quickly while the power button LED is lit red.  Both LEDs turn off for a few seconds before the sequence starts over.  The battery will not take a charge.

The manual explains the blinking LEDs for diagnosing battery issues, but it does not mention the LED1 blinking or what it means.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans28240e45 Posted at 2016-12-14 23:17
Hello DJI Mindy -  Was this issue ever resolved?  I have a similar issue with a brand new DJI Phantom 3 battery.  My primary battery charges perfectly normal.  But my brand new backup battery will not power on my Phantom, and will not take a charge.

When attached to the charger, the LED1 (furthest from power button) flashes three times quickly while the power button LED is lit red.  Both LEDs turn off for a few seconds before the sequence starts over.  The battery will not take a charge.

Sorry to hear about that, since the charger is working fine, we do suggest you send it in for evaluation.
Please send e-mail to support@dji.com with the information mentioned at 6#, we'll help you create a case to send it in.
2016-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules