1966 5 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maveric
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really like the Active Track feature on the OSMO Mobile but there is something missing which would greatly improve it for me.
At the moment, when you select your active track subject it places it in the middle of the shot and you have to use the joystick to adjust the composition. It would be really good if you could set a default composition and have it saved and recalled every time you select a subject. There are loads of ways this could be done but as an example it could give you the option to choose a point on a grid that your subject would always be the centred on.

When I am filming myself I often use the two thirds rule to frame the shot. Every time I start/stop active track or it loses the subject, I have to reset the composition and this feature would save a whole load of hassle doing that.

Thanks!
2016-12-5
Use props
JasonMBryant
lvl.3

United States

I didn't even know you could use the joystick to improve the composition. Thanks, Maveric!

However, your suggestion is still great. Since I can't see myself with the rear facing camera (which I use for the better resolution), I have to set up the composition without being able to see myself. I can mostly do it, but sooner or later I'm going to record a whole video, then find out that my head was cut off. Being able to move the default screen position of the tracked subject would be great.
2016-12-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Good idea, I'll submit this
2016-12-6
Use props
fans03c76c16
New

United States

I use the 2/3 rule also, but set the tracking to be on my neck/cost zipper and it frames the scene well. It's not elegant, but nobody said you have to track your face. Works great.  Just a hack that I use that helps.  I wasn't aware of altering the framing with the joystick earlier.
2016-12-7
Use props
alphacrust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33566 ft
United Kingdom

Was thinking out loud the other day, and no doubt this has probably been suggested by others...

The only way to currently active track yourself (without the use of another user) is by the use of the front facing camera.  Okay if you want to be behind the camera but a bit of pain to setup if you want to set up a tripod and be actively talking to the camera / moving about.

Would it possible to put in a request to look at using something like gesture control to activate an active track on yourself via the rear facing camera ?  Maybe look at utilizing the use of the camera flash as some form of confirmation.
2016-12-8
Use props
fans5c80ba31
New

United States

alphacrust Posted at 2016-12-8 14:34
Was thinking out loud the other day, and no doubt this has probably been suggested by others...

The only way to currently active track yourself (without the use of another user) is by the use of the front facing camera.  Okay if you want to be behind the camera but a bit of pain to setup if you want to set up a tripod and be actively talking to the camera / moving about.

The DJI osmo pocket 2 is my first DJI product and I love it. Composition is a top priority for me and I did not know you could adjust with joystick. Glad I know that now so thanks you.

For DJI, I have faith in them that they can eventually come out with an update where the app can register a face much like apple’s Face ID so that you can set the app up to default to locking in on your face after you input where you’d like the tracked subject (face) to be on the screen with a touch of the finger. I don’t know how difficult this would be to do, but it Would be epic.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules