SLAVE RC INTERFERANCE ISSUE
1371 9 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23665 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Yesterday I did a filming flight in my (manned) helicopter using my "skybox" enclosure. Skybox is a special A3 setup that allows me to use an X5R gimbal in high speed and high vibration environments. I flew with a camera operator who was using a slave controller to control the gimbal. The slave RC worked fine at first but then each time I would transmit a radio call to Air Traffic Control, the slave controller would get disconnected. A few moments later, it would reconnect. The master was always fine.

[size=14.6667px]Do any of you know of any ways to adjust the channels / radio frequencies that the slave RC uses to talk to the master? I'm looking for a way to avoid problems when transmitting using aviation band radios on manned aircraft. TX seems to be interfering with slave communications (but master/LB2 is unaffected).

2016-12-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, do you know what frequency the radio to Air Traffic Control is set to? If it's set around 5.8GHz, then it's causing a link issue between the master and slave. It's not possible to adjust that frequency of that connection, so it may be something unavoidable unless you're able to adjust the communication frequency to Air Traffic Control to something different. The link frequency from master to slave automatically channel hops from 5.725 GHz ~ 5.825 GHz for your reference.
2016-12-6
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

Ok so if no one from DJI will respond on this forum (or any other forums where I posted this issue), how am I supposed to get responsive support?   Can I pay for support?
2016-12-7
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-6 18:32
Just to clarify, do you know what frequency the radio to Air Traffic Control is set to? If it's set around 5.8GHz, then it's causing a link issue between the master and slave. It's not possible to adjust that frequency of that connection, so it may be something unavoidable unless you're able to adjust the communication frequency to Air Traffic Control to something different. The link frequency from master to slave automatically channel hops from 5.725 GHz ~ 5.825 GHz for your reference.

Thanks Jamie.  That's useful information.   As i recall, i was transmitting to ATC on 120.5 Mhz and 119.65 Mhz when I had the issue.   Any additional thoughts or recommendations?  I think DJI should pay close attention to this because when DJI drones are used by legitimate Part 107 operators near airports, they will sometimes be communicating with ATC via aviation band radios.   You can't have the slave controller cut off every time ATC communications occur.
2016-12-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-12-7 21:24
Thanks Jamie.  That's useful information.   As i recall, i was transmitting to ATC on 120.5 Mhz and 119.65 Mhz when I had the issue.   Any additional thoughts or recommendations?  I think DJI should pay close attention to this because when DJI drones are used by legitimate Part 107 operators near airports, they will sometimes be communicating with ATC via aviation band radios.   You can't have the slave controller cut off every time ATC communications occur.

Is the radio you use for the ATC pretty close to the RC or do you have it at a distance (i.e someone else operating the slave some paces away while you're communicating with ATC)?
2016-12-7
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-7 10:51
Is the radio you use for the ATC pretty close to the RC or do you have it at a distance (i.e someone else operating the slave some paces away while you're communicating with ATC)?

They are very close.  The
2016-12-14
Use props
tedrosenberger
lvl.2
United States

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-12-14 09:12
They are very close.  The

Is the thirty two channel mod documented somewhere?  I'd like to try that but the info I have found is from 2015 so I'm not sure if there is a recommended way to enable it.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tedrosenberger Posted at 2016-12-14 22:13
Is the thirty two channel mod documented somewhere?  I'd like to try that but the info I have found is from 2015 so I'm not sure if there is a recommended way to enable it.

Just to rule out an electical interference of some sort, do you think you can have a partner (if possible) try contacting ATC via the radio at a distance, just to see if it happens again? Regarding the two channel mod, do you mean for the Inspire's RC?
Edit: disregard the last question, I overlooked the 'thirty' or the thirty two channel mod. I was a tad blind.

But I would still recommend tryin to keep the ATC radio at a farther distance if possible.
2016-12-14
Use props
Sword
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1476 ft
Hong Kong

In my opinion, it is a radio interference issue. POST owner can change a flight environment, with no interference, if it can work normally, obviously it is a radio interference issue. So easy. Radio interference is an important factor, even though they are different frequency bands. If the radio intensity is strong enough, it will still interfere the communication of other band's radio.
2016-12-15
Use props
搬飞机小哥
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164 ft
China

It is a radio interference issue, even though they are different frequency bands. if the radio intensity is strong enthough, it will still interfere the communication between the master RC and slave RC. If slave RC lose Gimball controll, you can try put the master RC and slave RC more closer. if the slave RC no image transmission,  you can try to unlock the full 32 channels on the DJI GO.
2016-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules