P4P: Narrow Sensing???
3785 11 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I've set Narrow Sensing to C2.  You're supposed to PRESS & HOLD for Narrow Sensing, but I notice NO difference in functionality or screen prompts/indications.  Anyone know if this works yet and/or what's the deal?

You're supposed to be able to activate it & fly through a narrow spot.  This would be great since the OA stops you meters/yards away even if flying 1MPH - it is very limiting on this P4P.  I'm talking about NO TREES and flying lower to the ground with an upward slope.

Like I said in a previous post, OA stops the drone at over 200 feet up sometimes!  I'll see the indicators, then the beeps, then the message that it's braking.

2016-12-5
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

Narrow?   Narrrrow?  Narrow Sensing anyone?  Anyone?
2016-12-7
Use props
DerOnkel82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 806470 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi! It seems this feature will be added via firmware update.. I didn't find it in the current version.
2016-12-9
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

i was trying narrow sensing yesterday but couldnt notice any difference, and as dfy said, no info or anything on screen. i did however wonder why the hell in a complex flightsituation you would have to keep holding a button instead of focusing on flying. imo the narrow sensing should be on/off, not hold....

natalia, you dont happen to have any more information on narrow sensing?
2016-12-27
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
United States

luke007 Posted at 2016-12-27 01:12
i was trying narrow sensing yesterday but couldnt notice any difference, and as dfy said, no info or anything on screen. i did however wonder why the hell in a complex flightsituation you would have to keep holding a button instead of focusing on flying. imo the narrow sensing should be on/off, not hold....

DJI don't respond to  a lot of my posts.  Perhaps it's the compelling questions to features promised, but not delivered.
2016-12-27
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2016-12-27 12:11
DJI don't respond to  a lot of my posts.  Perhaps it's the compelling questions to features promised, but not delivered.

This guy shows it working in the video.

2016-12-27
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-27 19:22
This guy shows it working in the video.

thx a lot! its pretty close to what i been trying but holding the c1 with narrow sensing mapped to it didnt let me fly through such narrow spaces. i will retry this tomorrow.

what still bugs me is that u have to hold that button while you actully want to fully focus on the sticks in difficult situations.......  id love to have the possibilty to have it switch it on/off via c1, but well........  duct tape it is then
2016-12-27
Use props
luke007
lvl.2
Switzerland

so i retried narrow sensing in the garden today. holding the mapped c1 does give me an onscreen-message in green, but i cant fly any closer towards an obstacle then without pressing it.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans83c90815
New
Flight distance : 81020 ft
Malaysia

narrow sensing option not found on my phantom 4 pro m using the latest version firmware, does anyone knw anything abt this??
2017-5-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans83c90815 Posted at 2017-5-21 22:23
narrow sensing option not found on my phantom 4 pro m using the latest version firmware, does anyone knw anything abt this??

Aloha fans83,

The "Narrow Sensing" hold function is in the slider options for the C1 and C2 buttons (under the remote controller).  Be sure to slide the "C" options up to find the full set of options.

If you are in Mode 2 where the left stick controls up and down, yaw right and yaw left and right stick moves the Phantom forward, backward, left and right, then it is strongly suggested that you use the "C1" key for "Narrow Sensing" Hold.  C1 is under the left stick on the bottom of the remote controller.  This allows you to hold the button down with your left hand while you fly the Phantom forward, backward, left and right with your right thumb.  This really makes things easier!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-22
Use props
fans83c90815
New
Flight distance : 81020 ft
Malaysia

DerOnkel82 Posted at 2016-12-9 02:18
Hi! It seems this feature will be added via firmware update.. I didn't find it in the current version.

narrow sensing not found even on latest version for P4P?? does anyone has any info on this?? cannot find even the 1 sec interval time for timelapse it starts frm 5secs only any info??
2017-5-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fans83c90815 Posted at 2017-5-24 22:03
narrow sensing not found even on latest version for P4P?? does anyone has any info on this?? cannot find even the 1 sec interval time for timelapse it starts frm 5secs only any info??

Read post #10 again...
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules