Error opening OSMO+ video files and no audio
1369 5 2016-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iblis
New

Turkey

Hello!
I recently bought an Osmo+ for work and documenting purposes. Since the beginning, the video files cannot be open in Quicktime after transferring to MacBook Pro & Mac Pro .
The error message is;
‘The document “DJI_XXXX.MOV” could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-12842)’

I can livepreview them but no audio.

Vlc can play but no audio.
Only latest CC versions of Aftereffects and Premiere can somehow open but cannot recognize the audio.

I tried to transfer the micro sd via different adapters, directly with the usb cable and the sdcard slot but no change.

in the DJI app's editor, the cached videos have audio but not the real files. As soon as I export the cached videos from iPad, the audio just vanishes.

I tried both mov and mp4 formats, 4k,1080, with and without external mic. , different firmwares, resetting,  brand new iPad and iPhones to run the dji app but no luck at all.

After a perfect phantom4 experience, I didn’t hesitate to get an Osmo+ since I trusted DJI blindfolded and it is quite disappointing to deal with these issues from day one.

The sample video links are below,

I appreciate any kind of help.

2016-12-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There's an option in the app called "Mic Control",  did you turn it on?
2016-12-6
Use props
iblis
New

Turkey

Hey Thor, I did that one as well, but nothing changed...the files created by osmo+ seems corrupted or the audio encoding somehow effects the process
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

iblis Posted at 2016-12-6 08:33
Hey Thor, I did that one as well, but nothing changed...the files created by osmo+ seems corrupted or the audio encoding somehow effects the process

Please send in your unit if that's the case, probably something wrong with the audio chip of Osmo.

Use online chat on www.dji.com/support.

Thank you.
2016-12-7
Use props
fans89b57f7c
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-12-7 23:32
Please send in your unit if that's the case, probably something wrong with the audio chip of Osmo.

Use online chat on www.dji.com/support.

Hi DJI-Thor, I have the same problem. I bought the Osmo Raw Combo for close to $4000 and I can get no audio no matter what I do.
Can you please help?
2017-5-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans89b57f7c Posted at 2017-5-5 07:21
Hi DJI-Thor, I have the same problem. I bought the Osmo Raw Combo for close to $4000 and I can get no audio no matter what I do.
Can you please help?

There's a mic switch on-off option in the DJI Go app, if you have already tried that and still doesn't work. The unit needs to be sent back for inspection/replacement.
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules