Mavic New Battery Issue ( aircraft won't turn off )
15545 9 2016-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans457375ff
lvl.1
United States

Just received my Mavic yesterday along with 3 batteries.  One of the batteries appears to be defective as the aircraft is always on and cannot be turned off when this battery is installed.  When trying to power off the aircraft the battery LEDs respond as expected, turn off and the aircraft disconnects from the controller, but the aircraft LEDs stay on, all red and the under side of the aircraft gets very hot ( cooling fan does not turn on ).  The other two batteries behave as expected and the aircraft can be powered on and off.  I have done the firmware updates on all three batteries but that did not fix the issue.   

Has anyone else had this issue ?
2016-12-6
Use props
fans724e4845
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2446266 ft
  • >>>
United States

check for an update. I had the a similar issue with one of my batteries. It wouldn't turn off. It needed to complete the update, turn on the quad, controller, and phone (make sure you have internet). Let it sit for a few.
2016-12-6
Use props
Mike D
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware yesterday but it did not help.  Today a new firmware version just came out v01.03.0000 so just updated but still the same problem with one battery.
2016-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mike, could you please make a short video of this issue?
I'll help to check it.
2016-12-6
Use props
Mike D
lvl.1
United States

Here is a short video of the problem:

2016-12-7
Use props
Mike D
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy,

Have you been able to check into this ?
2016-12-8
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Mike D Posted at 2016-12-8 23:55
DJI Mindy,

Have you been able to check into this ?

You're too patient Mike ... i'd have logged a support call and had the battery sent packing by now.

Deffo a dud battery there. Its a good job you got the fly more combo?
2016-12-8
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

yeah, looks like a broken battery,that keeps the "power contact" alive... instead of shutting it down electronically.
2016-12-8
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Hi all,
I had a similar (but a bit different) issue with the battery, and luckily solved it few days later (see the solution at this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=78006&page=1#pid628463), and PLZ inform here if it was helpful or not.
Good luck.
2017-1-1
Use props
WONGNETO
New
Canada

I figured it out. You have to turn the batteries on. Push and hold the button on the battery and you will see the lights light up one at a time. If you just push it once it will just show you the power level. That was a mission.  I guess this is to save battery life.
2018-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules