Osmo+ gimbal problem
7091 32 2016-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OfficialSteff
lvl.1

Norway

I have this problem that when i tilt the Osmo+, it turns weirdly to the right at an exact angle. Is there anything i can do to fix it?

2016-11-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, please try calibrating the gimbal, and if it still acts like this, please email support.eu@dji.com and follow instructions to send it in, when it's convenient for you.
2016-11-9
Use props
Arnaldo Bernal
lvl.1
Paraguay

amigo yo tambien tengo el mismo problema hace dos semanas que quedo asi
lograste solucionarlo?
2016-11-12
Use props
runner7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31670 ft
United States

This is not an isolated problem. There is an entire thread about it and mine is one of many that are experiencing this problem. It doesn't matter is it is properly calibrated, or not.

Please check this out at the factory before suggesting that someone RMA their unit for a problem that has never been convincingly attributed to an actual hardware issue. It needs to be addressed in firmware ASAP.
2016-11-27
Use props
ArnaldoBernal
lvl.1
Paraguay

alguien logro solucionar el problema?
2016-12-1
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54888 ft
Denmark

Check this thread on the same issue: http://forum.dji.com/thread-72207-1-1.html
2016-12-2
Use props
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

That sucks! I think a few people have had this problem.
2016-12-2
Use props
Marathon Journe
lvl.2
United States

Tnap22 Posted at 2016-12-3 03:57
That sucks! I think a few people have had this problem.

Not just a few people! It is possible that every Osmo has this problem.
2016-12-3
Use props
Tnap22
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Marathon Journe Posted at 2016-12-3 08:13
Not just a few people! It is possible that every Osmo has this problem.

It may just be the Osmo+, I haven't had this problem on my Osmo before.
2016-12-3
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Osmo+ here...no problems for me, works beautifully.
2016-12-3
Use props
Marathon Journe
lvl.2
United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2016-12-4 04:09
Osmo+ here...no problems for me, works beautifully.

Does it work beautifully with the same firmware AND following the same slowly track down movement? I though mine was fine, until I tried this specific move. It's the only one that it glitches on. Unfortunately, it's a fairly common movement.
2016-12-4
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Marathon Journe Posted at 2016-12-4 08:12
Does it work beautifully with the same firmware AND following the same slowly track down movement? ...

I did some careful tests today. I am using the latest OSMO+ firmware version (the one that added infinity focus lock).
I can't reproduce the fault that some of you guys are experiencing. I tried every combination of gimbal lock on/off, with and without trigger pressed.
I'm pleased I don't have the problem but sorry you have. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Cheers

2016-12-4
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 240361 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I have shouted loud and clear Both My Osmo plus and Pro osmo x5 does the exact same thing ~   Dji just don’t want to FIX this as so called Thor doesn’t have a clue DJI YOU SUCK!
2016-12-4
Use props
shoxer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2621 ft
Ireland

My one is ok:

15310944_1466927149988495_1346945356_o.png
15387399_1466927086655168_927617123_o.png
2016-12-5
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Osmo Pro X5 and Osmo PLUS Firmware bug!

I have read way too many people with this issue and something needs to be done about this  NOW !  What the hell is going on DJI ?  You take your sweet loving time to address these issues with lame ass excuses and it's not flying well with me or others.  You may think im just a common troll with nothing better to do but complain but if you would put a product out that works  then maybe I would stop complaining...  Please fix this issue I just had a horrible experience with both the X5 and plus doing the same thing jerking to the left as you lower the head of the camera at a wedding.  I have been told  to send it in for a fix but this seems like a firmware issues  PLEASE ADRESS THIS  !!!!!  Please not next week not in a few days BUT NOW DAMIT!

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71388-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-72207-1-1.html
2016-12-6
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Denmark

Amen! Please fix DJI!
2016-12-6
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Is it me or does DJI give a rats ass !
2016-12-6
Use props
Dalby
lvl.2
Denmark

I would feel like a laughing stock if I'd shelled out the money for the X5 and had this kind of problem.
2016-12-6
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

well Im getting these kinds of threats from the almighty DJI  

Your theme Osmo+ gimbal problem Be DJI Joe Warning
Continuous 30 Days accumulated 3 Warnings, You will be automatically disabled to speak 30 days.
Up to now, You have been 1 Warnings, Please note that!
2016-12-7
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dji you will never shut me up !   
2016-12-7
Use props
Marathon Journe
lvl.2
United States

I have an open support ticket about the issue. It still doesn't work, but I have a support ticket.
2016-12-8
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HI All
I Have figured out the issue on this headache of a problem  Hey DJI take  notes :

This issues is only when you have zoom adjustment smooth track in the on position if its blue then its on if its black its off  this happens with the osmo plus and the pro osmo x5 with the olympus 14-42mm lens i haven’t tried on otherlens with the x5 yet. what does the (zoom adjustment smooth track) do? I can’t seem to see any difference with it on and off but just the issues that all have been having.  Try this and please post if this helps as it looks like a firmware issue fix not a send in fix .. I could be wrong but we shall see   good luck !
IMG_0003.PNG.jpg
2016-12-8
Use props
Marathon Journe
lvl.2
United States

noflyzone69 Posted at 2016-12-9 11:32
HI All
I Have figured out the issue on this headache of a problem  Hey DJI take  notes :

I also confirmed that deselecting "Zoom Adjusted Smoothtrack" has removed the glitch in the downward pan of my Osmo+. Noflyzone69 has nailed the section where the bug resides. Now if DJI can fix it, we will be much happier. The discouraging thing is that DJI has been so unresponsive to this issue that it took a user to isolate the section of the software that was causing the problem. Since the groundwork has been done for them, maybe DJI tech's will finally fix the problem.
2016-12-9
Use props
Marathon Journe
lvl.2
United States

Marathon Journe Posted at 2016-12-9 22:07
I also confirmed that deselecting "Zoom Adjusted Smoothtrack" has removed the glitch in the dowward pan of my Osmo+. Noflyzone69 has nailed the section where the bug resides. Now if DJI can fix it, we will be much happier. The discouraging thing is that DJI has been so unresponsive to this issue that it took a user to isolate the section of the software that was causing the problem. Since the groundwork has been done for them, maybe DJI tech's will finally fix the problem.

Unfortunately, it isn't good news from tech support. I got a "Thank's for telling us. Maybe it will be different in an upcoming firmware update" and the ticket was promptly marked as "solved". Not the customer support that I expect from a tech company.
2016-12-11
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well you see DJI is taking there sweet freaking time to do anything about these issues !   Geez DJI whats the hurry?  To busy counting all that $$$ your getting  from all us ginny pigs ?
2016-12-12
Use props
noflyzone69
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Marathon Journe Posted at 2016-12-11 21:30
Unfortunately, it isn't good news from tech support. I got a "Thank's for telling us. Maybe it will be different in an upcoming firmware update" and the ticket was promptly marked as "solved". Not the customer support that I expect from a tech company.

Ditto  Same thing  it was a very stupid conversation with CS  totally  didn’t feel like the issues was big enough to matter
2016-12-12
Use props
Foitsglobal
New
United States

I just bought the Osmo plus. Took it out of the box and its just a floppy mess. The gimbal does not work at all. When I try to use the joystick nothing happens. It will zoom but that is about it.
2016-12-25
Use props
Ey1990
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Mine works just fine..it seems that my osmo+ doesnt have any issue others encounter, amazing!
2016-12-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Foitsglobal Posted at 2016-12-26 11:12
I just bought the Osmo plus. Took it out of the box and its just a floppy mess. The gimbal does not work at all. When I try to use the joystick nothing happens. It will zoom but that is about it.

I'm very sorry to hear this, please send it in for an exchange.
2016-12-26
Use props
Manboi39
New

United States

I think DJI SUCKS INCLUDING the mod of this forum!    what happened to free speech  

NO FLY ZONE
2017-1-11
Use props
Kalev
New

Estonia

Ey1990 Posted at 2016-12-26 00:39
Mine works just fine..it seems that my osmo+ doesnt have any issue others encounter, amazing!

Good to know Osmo+ with no issues do really exist. Reading this forum I lost my hope and feel very stupid about my upgrade from Osmo to Osmo+.

Hopefully the replacement I'll get for Osmo+ that was full of problems right out of the box will also have no issues like yours. Fingers crossed.
2017-1-12
Use props
vivian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-11-9 00:29
Hi, please try calibrating the gimbal, and if it still acts like this, please email  and follow instructions to send it in, when it's convenient for you.

Where is the option to calibrate the gimbal ?
2017-1-20
Use props
Yusuf
lvl.1

Iraq

Full Name: yusuf riyadh shaker
Email address: Yusufalbaghdady93@gmail.com
Phone Number:9647714490779
Full Address: Baghdad - Madaen - near the school Zubair
Product: OSMO +
Fault Description: Click here to re-energize the dome, green light and the sound of a peephole
Date of Purchase: 7-1-2017
Dealer: Professional Photography Equipment

Hello
I'm Yusuf from Iraq - a cameraman
Use your products, including osmo +
But yesterday I worked automatic calibration and appeared to take the directions left and right and up and down and followed all the instructions on the sheep, including the position of the device vertical position and the surface of the straight and did not turn it off until completion - after the completion of the device work restart and surprised the emergence of a message on the screen in the mobile app Click here To activate the camera and turn off the camera did not appear filming with the presence of the sound of Bim intermittent and green light intermittent when the pressure and stop the work of the stick
Directions and conversion button for Salafi When the message is pressed, the head starts rotating and the standby mode returns as it was ..

I ask you to help me and identify the defect or action required - and today I searched for a maintenance center for your products in Iraq, specifically Baghdad, and I did not find - I hope you help me because I bought it two days ago

I will send you a picture of the message appearing on the screen from within the application with the video files of the two uploaded on YouTube and I will put links here ..

This email and any attachments thereto may contain private, confidential, and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email (or any attachments thereto) by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copies of this email and any attachments thereto.

此电子邮件及附件所包含内容具有机密性,且仅限于接收人使用。未经允许,禁止第三人阅读、复制或传播该电子邮件中的任何信息。如果您不属于以上电子邮件的目标接收者,请您立即通知发送人并删除原电子邮件及其相关的附件。

Attachment(s)
photo_2018-01-08_12-37-54 (2).jpg
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules