Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video and picture simultaneously possible?
1984 11 2016-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulf-F
lvl.1

Germany

Is there a similar Feature like in the GoPro for making Video and taking a Picture every 5 seconds for example, loved this Feature with my Phantom. Didn't find it in the poor Manual.
2016-12-8
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Nope, photo or video, not both at the same time.
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to tell you that the feature is not available recently.
2016-12-9
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will be surprised how good screenshots from video are, especially if you record at 4K.
2016-12-9
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 02:34
Sorry to tell you that the feature is not available recently.

I'd love to make a request for this. Even if it causes a little "hiccup" in the video recording. It's very cumbersome to switch from Video to Photo just to take one shot.. then return to video.
2016-12-9
Use props
stealle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21827 ft
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-9 11:34
I'd love to make a request for this. Even if it causes a little "hiccup" in the video recording. It's very cumbersome to switch from Video to Photo just to take one shot.. then return to video.

Good idea. Please go ahead and make that request.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2016-12-10 01:34

As the previous post stated, it's easily done in post.
But the request has been sent in long ago.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-10 01:35
Good idea. Please go ahead and make that request.

It's already been done a while ago.
2016-12-9
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-9 18:44
It's already been done a while ago.

Hi Ken.

And what is happening with this request, and all other requests?
Do we users have a chance at all to get stuff implemented in "next" release of software or is it a waste of time?

Can DJI consider to reveal what is in the roadmap of the software of the product lines (Phantoms, Mavic, Inspire) for let say the next year or so?

I think it would be awesome to have that information, there might be stuff that is a secret of course but in general many software companies tell the users what is coming. Revealing this kind of information might give us customers a reason for NOT buying 3 party software. This is definitely a way to improve the discussed customer service, tie and enhance the customer loyalty to your company. I think this is a win win in the long term.

You often say/claim that DJI is innovative and you get a lot of technical stuff for our money and I tend to agree how ever the biggest part of this innovation that you talk about is basically about the software. Let the users/customers see what the future looks like today.

The competition in this segment is most likely based on software as I see it. There is a lot of comparisons to Iphone and Apple here. The smart phone of today is defined by the apps you can have on it (Perhaps the UI have a little to do with it) others from that the hardware is the same.

Have a great weekend.

BTW DJI should have given you the first Mavics to you to improve your already good support here.  
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Flybee Posted at 2016-12-10 02:18
Hi Ken.

And what is happening with this request, and all other requests?

You can provide your own feedback, from the GO app go tot the Me page then select Mode, then Feedback and feel free to comment there.
DJI also has Beta programs and they sometimes as for testers and they may make a post on a thread here so keep an eye out.
And thanks for the kind words.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans444b33b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86398 ft
United States

Even if it paused the video this would be a huge help. I travel all over flying my drones and if I can post video clean same night I would be happy. To join multiple videos means I need to wait to get back in US and use software.

2017-5-16
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I think this would be a great feature.  I was disappointed to find out it didn't already do this
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules