DJI - Please hire me to fix your service reputation!
1467 13 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39600 ft
United States

You have a great product but your reputation is really being sullied by lack of knowledge and response of your service department.  With the right resources and corporate support, I can fix this.  I have a new drone that gave an error message upon first connection and I can find no answers via forum, email or chat and have spent time at each.
2016-12-9
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

You'll just need a partner to fix their sales department!
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PoppaHotel, we feel so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We replied you in your another thread, if you have done all the troubleshooting, the error message still persists, then it would be best to send it in for further evaluation by our engineers, we'd love to help you handle it.
Besides, since you have chatted with our support and sent e-mail, may I know your e-mail address or ticket number, we'll help you escalate the case soon.
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 20:27
We replied you in your another thread, if you have done all the troubleshooting, the error message still persists, then it would be best to send it in for further evaluation by our engineers, we'd love to help you handle it.
Besides, since you have chatted with our support and sent e-mail, may I know your e-mail address or ticket number, we'll help you escalate the case soon.

Thanks for the reply.  I have no ticket number that I know of.  My email is phil.howell@lusfiber.net.  I was finally able to communicate via phone and was told that the error indicated that the unit was bad and needed to be sent in for repair.  I have requested an exchange because the unit is brand new, never been used.  The error registered on the first connection of drone and remote.  That question has not been answered, I am left with an $1100 drone that does not (at least from what I have been able to determine) work.  Your help, any reply, any consideration is appreciated.  
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 20:27

Thanks for the reply.  I have no ticket number that I know of.  My email is phil.howell@lusfiber.net.  I was finally able to communicate via phone and was told that the error indicated that the unit was bad and needed to be sent in for repair.  I have requested an exchange because the unit is brand new, never been used.  The error registered on the first connection of drone and remote.  That question has not been answered, I am left with an $1100 drone that does not (at least from what I have been able to determine) work.  Your help, any reply, any consideration is appreciated.  
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

Tom Saavedra Posted at 2016-12-9 17:31
You'll just need a partner to fix their sales department!

Just a matter of instilling that the customer comes first.  The customer pays salaries and the bills.  DJI does not exhibit the realization of this fact.  I have just paid $1100 for a device that I cannot use and no one is really concerned.  In my business this would be a 4 star alarm, heads would roll.
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-9 20:45
Just a matter of instilling that the customer comes first.  The customer pays salaries and the bills.  DJI does not exhibit the realization of this fact.  I have just paid $1100 for a device that I cannot use and no one is really concerned.  In my business this would be a 4 star alarm, heads would roll.

I could fix this if DGI really wanted it to be fixed.
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-10 10:46
I could fix this if DGI really wanted it to be fixed.

Thanks for your details, we really understand how frustrated it must be and concern much about that.
I tried to check your e-mail address in the system, but did not get more information, since our support asked you to send it in for repair, you already have a case created, right? If in that case, please let us know your case number, we'd love to help you escalate it.
2016-12-9
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-9 21:27
Thanks for your details, we really understand how frustrated it must be and concern much about that.
I tried to check your e-mail address in the system, but did not get more information, since our support asked you to send it in for repair, you already have a case created, right? If in that case, please let us know your case number, we'd love to help you escalate it.

To my knowledge there was no case number created.  I was told, that since the drone is brand new and the error reported on the initial connection, to contact the seller and request a replacement for the defective unit.  I am pursuing this route now and am awaiting a reply from Amazon / Beach Camera.  If Beach Camera will not do the right thing, I will request your help again in getting the case created.  Again, thanks for your reply and help
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-11 04:38
To my knowledge there was no case number created.  I was told, that since the drone is brand new and the error reported on the initial connection, to contact the seller and request a replacement for the defective unit.  I am pursuing this route now and am awaiting a reply from Amazon / Beach Camera.  If Beach Camera will not do the right thing, I will request your help again in getting the case created.  Again, thanks for your reply and help

Thanks for your update, please feel free to contact us at any time if needed, we're here to help you. Nice weekend!
2016-12-10
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 21:17
Thanks for your update, please feel free to contact us at any time if needed, we're here to help you. Nice weekend!

Natalia,
Thanks for your interest.  I may have corrected the original issue.  I upgraded the firmware again on drone (incl battery) and RC  and there is no motor obstruction error message as before!

I have a problem now that the spare batteries are not upgraded, the first one that I tried gave me a message that it needed to be upgraded, then it was "broken" should be sent in for service.  I am afraid to try the last of three batteries.  Will you please point me to a document or video concerning firmware upgrade for spare batteries?  Is my battery "broken" as the error indicates?  Your reply and consideration is appreciated.
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-13 12:47
Natalia,
Thanks for your interest.  I may have corrected the original issue.  I upgraded the firmware again on drone (incl battery) and RC  and there is no motor obstruction error message as before!

May i know where you got the message "Broken"?
To upgrade the spares batteries, we just need turn off the aircraft, take out of the last battery which has been upgraded, and put the new one in, then turn on the aircraft, if there is a message popping up on the screen that it's needs to be upgraded, then please upgrade it.
2016-12-13
Use props
PoppaHotel
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-13 23:51
May i know where you got the message "Broken"?
To upgrade the spares batteries, we just need turn off the aircraft, take out of the last battery which has been upgraded, and put the new one in, then turn on the aircraft, if there is a message popping up on the screen that it's needs to be upgraded, then please upgrade it.

Is there a special state that the micro SD card needs to be in?  Should I re-install the latest firmware onto the SD? Or will the original SD with txt additions suffice?  Does the SD card play any part in upgrading subsequent batteries?  Rookie questions but questions to which I cannot find answers anywhere else.

Your consideration and reply is much appreciated.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PoppaHotel Posted at 2016-12-15 13:14
Is there a special state that the micro SD card needs to be in?  Should I re-install the latest firmware onto the SD? Or will the original SD with txt additions suffice?  Does the SD card play any part in upgrading subsequent batteries?  Rookie questions but questions to which I cannot find answers anywhere else.

Your consideration and reply is much appreciated.

You could have a try to format the SD card, then put the latest bin file for aircraft, then upgrade it again to check whether you can upgrade the battery or not.

If still the same case, please help us export the upgrading log as the following steps:
1. Enable Viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC. For The Windows System: http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7 For The Mac System: http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules