Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
State Farm Drone Insurance
68352 220 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

1dash1 Posted at 2017-1-25 17:34
Thanks, I've done so and they are preparing a quote for me.

does anyone know if different reps will give different prices in your city?

i was told by an after hours phone person that the quote will be state wide so calling different agents is sorta a waste of time.
2017-1-25
Use props
DigiMav
lvl.1
United States

Just got back from my local State Farm agent and purchased drone insurance for my Mavic for $30 and decided to add my new ultrabook for $20 more. This is a great policy for a years worth of coverage and no deductible. I wonder  how long this will last after the claims start pouring in! LOL
2017-1-26
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

Great info   What a great post. Makes this forum what it is suppose to be.
2017-1-26
Use props
fanseba4ba52
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I cancelled State Farm for Esurance after 12 years with a Chicago agent. I called them back to inquire after reading this post. I have paid a one year policy of $137 for $6,840. coverage on Inspire 2, X5S Camera, $500 240G CineSSD Module and a Mavic Bundle.

After all was done and payment made I asked about my older Inspire 1 (Purchased 3/23/15)  and Phantom 4 (Purchased 3/19/16). The agent told me there is a 2 year cutoff. So I'm about 2 weeks from 2 years on the Inspire 1 and I'm gonna add 2K coverage for the current replacement value of the I1V2 as well as 1K coverage for the Phantom 4.

We will need to see some incidents before we know how claims will be treated. I decided to forgo 500 dollars of DJI Care Refresh for the I2 and X5S. Hoping this was best.
If anyone makes claims let us know what happens. Thanks for the advice guys!
2017-3-1
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

fanseba4ba52 Posted at 2017-3-1 18:03
I cancelled State Farm for Esurance after 12 years with a Chicago agent. I called them back to inquire after reading this post. I have paid a one year policy of $137 for $6,840. coverage on Inspire 2, X5S Camera, $500 240G CineSSD Module and a Mavic Bundle.

After all was done and payment made I asked about my older Inspire 1 (Purchased 3/23/15)  and Phantom 4 (Purchased 3/19/16). The agent told me there is a 2 year cutoff. So I'm about 2 weeks from 2 years on the Inspire 1 and I'm gonna add 2K coverage for the current replacement value of the I1V2 as well as 1K coverage for the Phantom 4.

While investigating PAP on this forum, I did run across an individual who touted the benefits of a PAP, indicated he had a mishap that caused his AC to require replacing and received a check from State Farm for the full amount on the receipt he received from DJI for his loss claim.

I believe he also said he had Care Refresh and was able to get a replacement through this as well (he was able to return the damaged Mavic).

Sorry I don't have a link, but I distinctly remember someone describing the claim process and how it went without any particular surprises or disappointments.  It was on the DJI Mavic forum if I recall correctly....
2017-3-2
Use props
Stunts
New

United Kingdom

I'm in the UK and I've coveted my third party insurance with the BMFA for £33 a year and I've found out that the gadget insurance on my bank account will cover me for loss/theft/damage within the cost of my bank account (Barclays Tech Pack). Worth the cost of the tech pack alone!!
2017-3-2
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Great guide here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/com ... rm_insurance_guide/

There are thousands of different underwriters with slightly different policies for this. In my case the first agent I called would not touch it without a $500 deductible and a prior policy. The second agent I called covered it $60 a year with no deductible INCLUDING mechanical or warranty failures.
2017-3-2
Use props
DigiMav
lvl.1
United States

I live in WA State and I bought approx $1200 of insurance for $30 per year for my Mavic thru State Farm only 2 days before I stuck it 150' up in a tree out at Vance Creek Bridge in Shelton, WA (Google It). I filed a claim the following week ,after extensive attempts to recover the bird, and had a check in hand for $999 to replace the drone the following week. No issues whatsoever. I still don't understand the risk calculations they are doing on PAP plans that they could cover this but I have a sneaky suspicion that these terms will change as more claims are filed. I'm super stoked that my mishap was covered and we are still actively trying to recover my tree benched Mavic when weather permits.
2017-3-2
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

$1500 coverage, zero deductible, $30. Nebraska.
2017-3-2
Use props
jerflash
New
United States

I'm gonna need to go in person because they told me no over the phone... something about where i live last time i asked.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

fanseb85c303 Posted at 2017-1-24 09:24
I have Erie insurance and my drone is covered under my homeowner's policy.  No extra charge.  Fully covered.

check your policy very carefully. word for word. To ensure it's covered for any and all reasons.
Also, potential risk with having it covered under homeowners is that your homeowners premium could rise in case of claim. Not so if the mavic is covered under a separate personal articles policy
2017-3-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-3 10:30
check your policy very carefully. word for word. To ensure it's covered for any and all reasons.
Also, potential risk with having it covered under homeowners is that your homeowners premium could rise in case of claim. Not so if the mavic is covered under a separate personal articles policy

That's incorrect: if you file a claim for your drone there's a possibility that it could cause your other premiums can rise regardless of whether the drone is covered by your existing homeowners or a separate personal articles policy. All insurance companies report to a database that they also all use to determine  premiums.

State Farm Mavic Insurance
2017-3-3
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-3 15:58
That's incorrect: if you file a claim for your drone there's a possibility that it could cause your other premiums can rise regardless of whether the drone is covered by your existing homeowners or a separate personal articles policy. All insurance companies report to a database that they also all use to determine  premiums.

State Farm Mavic Insurance

That link has some good information.

That being said, having a PAP (I also have Care Refresh) gives me a lot of piece of mind.  That in itself is worth the premium.  Also, I've been with my current Allstate insurance for both homeowner and auto for well over 10 years.  I think I would fall into that loyalty category, except now that I have a PAP through SF, they are trying to get my homeowners and auto premiums now........
2017-3-3
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-3 16:15
That link has some good information.

That being said, having a PAP (I also have Care Refresh) gives me a lot of piece of mind.  That in itself is worth the premium.  Also, I've been with my current Allstate insurance for both homeowner and auto for well over 10 years.  I think I would fall into that loyalty category, except now that I have a PAP through SF, they are trying to get my homeowners and auto premiums now........

I agree; the State Farm policy is a good deal and I'll probably get one myself once my Care Refresh expires, but I wanted to make sure people understand the implications of actually filing a claim. But yeah, those agents are mostly salespeople and I'm not surprised they're using drone policies to try to get their foot in the door for other types of coverage.
2017-3-3
Use props
KEVA1
lvl.1

United States

Mavvy Posted at 2016-12-13 12:11
My State Farm agent called me today to finalize my insurance $ 39.00 year Zero deductible !

What state do you live in?
2017-3-6
Use props
Mikel-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

I live in Spanaway,WA and i called State Farm down the street from me and she said they will not take on PAP without me having other coverage with them.
I asked her if this was just their policy or State Farm in general. She said this is State Farm Policy. I told that is not what i hear on the internet and that i will just call someone else.
Called the next office and they said no problem we can insure you under PAP for $36 YEAR....  SOLD!
2017-3-6
Use props
garnets88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286611 ft
United States

stealle Posted at 2016-12-9 19:01
How much does State Farm charge  for liability if it lands on top of someone's car or head?

There is no Liability coverage.
2017-3-6
Use props
garnets88
lvl.2
United States

I got mine for $50 an year.
2017-3-6
Use props
garnets88
lvl.2
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-3 18:01
I agree; the State Farm policy is a good deal and I'll probably get one myself once my Care Refresh expires, but I wanted to make sure people understand the implications of actually filing a claim. But yeah, those agents are mostly salespeople and I'm not surprised they're using drone policies to try to get their foot in the door for other types of coverage.

Its not a drone policy. Its a Personal Article Insurance policy. You can get your laptop, camera etc also insured under the same policy. The agent I spoke with was actually surprised that state farm is covering drone under this policy considering its a high risk
2017-3-6
Use props
ChasinTail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42943 ft
United States

Mikel-PNW Posted at 2017-3-6 10:06
I live in Spanaway,WA and i called State Farm down the street from me and she said they will not take on PAP without me having other coverage with them.
I asked her if this was just their policy or State Farm in general. She said this is State Farm Policy. I told that is not what i hear on the internet and that i will just call someone else.
Called the next office and they said no problem we can insure you under PAP for $36 YEAR....  SOLD!

Would you mind sharing the Agent you called?  Or at least what Street/City
I'm In Lacey and think this insurance would be a great idea.

Tried sending a PM, but cant get it to work.

Thanks!!
2017-3-6
Use props
Mikel-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

ChasinTail Posted at 2017-3-6 10:24
Would you mind sharing the Agent you called?  Or at least what Street/City
I'm In Lacey and think this insurance would be a great idea.

State Farm: Christian McClung  

10228 156th St E #105, Puyallup, WA 98374

They do require proof of purchase of the Drone, they can do everything via email and phone.
2017-3-6
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

That sounds great! Do you know if they offer liability coverage for personal use?
2017-3-6
Use props
Fireside
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56325 ft
United States

Curious. I also have State Farm for Auto and home. Will checking in with this. Anyone know if it also covers liability with this coverage? For instance, if I hit someone's property or God forbid, a person, what type of protection can by provided?
2017-3-6
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

If you successfully signed up for insurance with state farm please fill out this quick form! I'm putting together a list of agents in each state that will write PAP's for drones.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/ ... L374jsmZnw/viewform
2017-3-6
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

Someone else just posted this in a facebook discussion. Apparently it's straight from SF's internal info database.

2017-3-6
Use props
MPH NJ
lvl.1

United States

Mavic 007 Posted at 2016-12-13 10:42
I just called my local state farm agent, and they will NOT cover drones in California.

Of course not. Drone Insurance is know to cause cancer in the state of California!
2017-3-8
Use props
kaeyalin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153665 ft
United States

Just want to share my experience filing a claim with State Farm.

Yesterday, I had a flyaway: Remote lost connection to the Mavic and never recovered.  I tried power cycling the controller with no luck.  Mavic didn't RTH.  I waited for an hour to see if the drone might RTH, no dice so total loss.

I put in a call to State Farm to file my claim today around 10:30.  The agent took down my statement about what happened.  At 12:30 I received another call and explained again what happened.  Three minutes later, I had an email that they would be covering the full cost of the Mavic.

Very easy, very quick.  I called my original agent back to see if a replacement would also be covered, she said she wanted to verify with the Underwriters but was confident it would be.

Very satisfied with State Farm, but my faith in DJI is pretty shaken :/
2017-3-9
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
United States

kaeyalin Posted at 2017-3-9 11:34
Just want to share my experience filing a claim with State Farm.

Yesterday, I had a flyaway: Remote lost connection to the Mavic and never recovered.  I tried power cycling the controller with no luck.  Mavic didn't RTH.  I waited for an hour to see if the drone might RTH, no dice so total loss.

Really sorry for your loss of both your Mavic and your confidence in DJI.  But glad you had coverage.  It will be interesting to hear if the underwriter will provide you continued coverage.  I have heard that they won't deny coverage until after 2 claims, but that is all internet hearsay.

Curious if you also had Care Refresh.
2017-3-9
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

Wish I knew about SF before my 5 freaking weeks of waiting for DJI Careless Refresh process!  Have it now.  
2017-3-9
Use props
R1Mavic
lvl.1
United States

A56kuser Posted at 2016-12-9 22:23
just got my claim check in the mail today.
Story:
Crashed my drone

Did you have to give them the broken drone?
2017-3-15
Use props
garnets88
lvl.2
United States

R1Mavic Posted at 2017-3-15 11:17
Did you have to give them the broken drone?

Yes, you have to give them the broken drone and the RC
2017-3-15
Use props
FlyRando
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2387533 ft
United States

Sweet! In Michigan here I just signed up (after my p3a flyaway) for my new P4P. $60/year, no deductible, only recreational. Liability was covered under homeowners, and I DON'T carry State Farm for anything. Although they wanted to quote the house and cars real bad :-)
2017-3-22
Use props
fansf5c3d06f
lvl.3
United States

FlyRando Posted at 2017-3-22 13:13
Sweet! In Michigan here I just signed up (after my p3a flyaway) for my new P4P. $60/year, no deductible, only recreational. Liability was covered under homeowners, and I DON'T carry State Farm for anything. Although they wanted to quote the house and cars real bad :-)

So I just wasted $219.00 on DJI care? ARRRRRRGH!
2017-3-29
Use props
MavicInJax
New
Flight distance : 15666 ft
United States

State Farm minimum just went up to $75/year in Florida.  I had them cover my GoPro gear as well and still did not meet the minimum. Full risk coverage and no deductible.
2017-3-30
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Depends on the city. I cannot get them to do it in LA. I think they so no more than yes. Usually it's a Midwest city it town where the adjuster says yes not really sure if what it is. They seem to say yes in Illinois.
2017-3-30
Use props
ocean224
lvl.3
United States

ArtistFirst Posted at 2017-3-30 09:32
Depends on the city. I cannot get them to do it in LA. I think they so no more than yes. Usually it's a Midwest city it town where the adjuster says yes not really sure if what it is. They seem to say yes in Illinois.

Yup, just got insured in Illinois for $60.00. As I buy more gear, Batteries etc., I just have to send them receipts and the items are insured.
2017-3-30
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.2
United States

Damn state farm isn't in massachusetts!
2017-3-30
Use props
Justins567
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29462 ft
United States

Alright, so i'm wrapping up the final bits of getting my Mavic insured with State Farm out here in Colorado.   The experience has been mixed, some agents had no clue what i was talking about while others were willing to do it but i got mixed prices and deductibles.

Once i found an agent that had a clue what was going on the experience became very smooth and quick,  a couple phone calls, a couple emails with pictures and receipts and i was set to go!  Overall im colored impressed with the ease of doing this!   highly recommended
2017-3-30
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

Justins567 Posted at 2017-3-30 12:30
Alright, so i'm wrapping up the final bits of getting my Mavic insured with State Farm out here in Colorado.   The experience has been mixed, some agents had no clue what i was talking about while others were willing to do it but i got mixed prices and deductibles.

Once i found an agent that had a clue what was going on the experience became very smooth and quick,  a couple phone calls, a couple emails with pictures and receipts and i was set to go!  Overall im colored impressed with the ease of doing this!   highly recommended

Yeah, if I could just get one in Cali to do it.

It's such a good deal.

I wonder if I can get covered in Illinois or Colorado (the easiest by the way for some reason) to cover me in CA,
2017-3-30
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
United States

Justins567 Posted at 2017-3-30 12:30

For future reference and for others, if you need to find an agent that has already done UAV polices and is recommended by others I put together a community driven list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... edit#gid=1180163488
2017-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules