Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downlink problems - DJI! Let us choose stream quality!
2849 24 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrian8891
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Dear DJI,
As many users return in feedbacks that lightbridge connection fails in most cases (pixelations, pink amd green lines) I would like to give an idea to make DJI GO update with possibility to choose downlink quality.

If You think this is not an quality issue, then please fix your firmware for Phantoms and RCs.

Single SelectVote, Total 22 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

86.36% (19)
13.64% (3)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-12-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using, is it one of the DJI recommended devices.
If you use one from the list you shouldn't have a problem.
You can lower the transmission bitrate in the HD settings.
Also make sure to close out any other apps so only the GO app is running.

iOS Version v3.1.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v3.1.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
2016-12-9
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Hi. I cannot choosecquality in DJI GO. There is no such option for Android. I use BlackBerry Priv, and currently same issue is on nVidia Shield K1. Both devices were recommended when I ask somebody from DJI support chat.
2016-12-10
Use props
sky drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5539019 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-10 08:33
What device are you using, is it one of the DJI recommended devices.
If you use one from the list you shouldn't have a problem.
You can lower the transmission bitrate in the HD settings.

in my settings HD decrease Biotrade missing
2016-12-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

sky drone Posted at 2016-12-10 09:52

Same here folks
2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume your RC firmware is at V1.8, if so, does rolling back to V1.6 sort the problem ?

Edit :- Have you tried 'DJI Go 4' ?
2016-12-10
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

You can only change bitrate on IOS not on android!, i need to use litchi for that  
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2016-12-10 01:19
Hi. I cannot choosecquality in DJI GO. There is no such option for Android. I use BlackBerry Priv, and currently same issue is on nVidia Shield K1. Both devices were recommended when I ask somebody from DJI support chat.

I'm sorry, I don't have an Android device so I cannot test until Monday.
Your thread post says "Lightbridge connection, so I'm guessing you are not using a P3S or P3 4k right as those operate on WiFi and not Lightbridge and the bitrate option is not available.
I just tried on a Inspire and P4 and the option is there. HS settings, then Custom.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

sky drone Posted at 2016-12-10 01:52

Did you choose Custom then scroll down.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-10 05:19
I assume your RC firmware is at V1.8, if so, does rolling back to V1.6 sort the problem ?

Edit :- Have you tried 'DJI Go 4' ?

It works on any RC firmware.
2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-12-10 16:10
It works on any RC firmware.

I appreciate that the 'Custom' channel selection works in all versions of RC if you live in USA, but his problem was pixilation which in many cases became apparent after the upgrade to V1.8 on the RC.

However 'Custom' channel selection is not a choice if your device Region is set to Europe , which is what most would chose if living here.
However the work around in IOS is to change 'Region' to USA, then the manual selection of channel and bitrate of video stream becomes available.
2016-12-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

It is not matter of switching to RC v.1.6 . DJI might develop an 1.9 or 2.1 or even 9.9 version and do I have still sit on 1.6 because they cannot make good firmware?! Nonsense.

However, I'm located in Europe and I don't have possibility to change the channel or change bitrate. Still I dont know where is the problem. In my opinion it's the DJI who seems doesnt test its firmware before make it public.

Yes, I have tried DJI Go 4.0 - same results. Seems that only intro is other than on 3.x version ;)
2016-12-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

It is not matter of switching to RC v.1.6 . DJI might develop an 1.9 or 2.1 or even 9.9 version and do I have still sit on 1.6 because they cannot make good firmware?! Nonsense.

However, I'm located in Europe and I don't have possibility to change the channel or change bitrate. Still I dont know where is the problem. In my opinion it's the DJI who seems doesnt test its firmware before make it public.

Yes, I have tried DJI Go 4.0 - same results. Seems that only intro is other than on 3.x version ;)
2016-12-10
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

adrian8891 Posted at 2016-12-10 20:26

So have you tried V1.6 ?

If it works then you're sorted until DJI fix things with V1.8 (V1.9 might be the fix). Then you don't have to worry trying to work around a problem by reducing image quality.

I would agree that the firmware/software should be better tested before release, bear in mind though that they will only work to their supported devices list.
2016-12-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Yes, I have tried 1.6 but there are other image issues. Not green/pink lines but lot of "grey" lines and sometimes it disconnect downlink for a very short time and then back up again.
And YES , I'm not in area of interference, YES I have placed antennas correctly etc.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-10 10:15
I appreciate that the 'Custom' channel selection works in all versions of RC if you live in USA, but his problem was pixilation which in many cases became apparent after the upgrade to V1.8 on the RC.

However 'Custom' channel selection is not a choice if your device Region is set to Europe , which is what most would chose if living here.

Ok, I understand, for non USA there are solutions and Google may help.
2016-12-10
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Google May help ????? And this is official answer of DJI SUPPORT?
2016-12-11
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-10 18:15

Ok, I tried with my nVidia Shield. Firtly, I have change region for some from US (I think New York).

Nothing happened - still no possibility to change channel and quality

Then, I have changed language for English (United States). Then I was able to change channel and quality of stream.

I have pushed down to 6Mbps. So far so good !! But, these are only "home" tests without any takeoff.

Soon I will go to make some "field test" ;)

__
Edit:

What's more, I have upgraded to 1.8 (RC) and still in home enviorments works with 6Mbps. On higher problems become again.
2016-12-12
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Just made a live test. Have flew 2 batteries out without any issue. Only at distance of 500m I got info about weak transmitter signal. But there were no issues with live feed transmission.

Only disadvantage of whole operation is fact, that after I upload flight logs to HealthyDrones, I got info that flight was made in....almost midnight! In fact, it was around 6pm.
Here is one of few photos made on that flight.

FB_IMG_1481609103796.jpg
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2016-12-12 06:34
Ok, I tried with my nVidia Shield. Firtly, I have change region for some from US (I think New York).

Nothing happened - still no possibility to change channel and quality

Glad you found it.
2016-12-13
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I have been asking for Auto and 4 mbps since July 2016.  No reply ever why can't DJI give us the option to use Auto mode and bring down the rate to 4 mbps.

So the Green Screen Club was formed and it is growing fast after the last RC updates, firmware updates.

So I have to fly many test missions first in each location and see which channel works well.  I have to use litchi because the DJI logs do not show the channel!  I also have asked DJI many times to please add the channel in the DJI logs. Then I record the best channel for each location; then I can take a chance flying in Custom channel using 4 mbps rate.  Using 4 mbps rate minimizes the green screens, lag on my P4.

SUmmary:

DJI, Please answer me:

Can we have Auto and 4 mbps (or it there a hardware limitation)

Please add the HD channel in your logs
2016-12-13
Use props
adrian8891
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems that DJI is not interested in some straight and responsible answers.
2016-12-15
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I started out using my Iphone with no problems.. I have a Samsung Tab E.. Works great when I go to custom and turn down the bitrate.. The problem with that is - if there is interference all of a sudden (the field I was flying in has a lot of guys there flying), someone with another DJI might come along and I did experience this - and all of a sudden your video link is gone.. completely.. if it auto selected the channels I would have had maybe a moment of interference until the system found a better channel. When I set it to auto, it pushes the tablet past what it can handle and I have issues.. I know it's not one of the recommended tablets, but it does work when the bit rate is decreased.. I don't know if this is a push to start buying DJI's new crystal interface and upgrade to it, but it is a simple change that could be implemented and I WOULD LOVE to see DJI show they care and make customers happy once again.. Even Microsoft tries to make their systems semi compatible with older systems.. I don't have another 600 dollars to spend on something that will work when I have something that SHOULD work in hand..
2016-12-16
Use props
Augustus Brian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2016-12-16 03:00
I started out using my Iphone with no problems.. I have a Samsung Tab E.. Works great when I go to custom and turn down the bitrate.. The problem with that is - if there is interference all of a sudden (the field I was flying in has a lot of guys there flying), someone with another DJI might come along and I did experience this - and all of a sudden your video link is gone.. completely.. if it auto selected the channels I would have had maybe a moment of interference until the system found a better channel. When I set it to auto, it pushes the tablet past what it can handle and I have issues.. I know it's not one of the recommended tablets, but it does work when the bit rate is decreased.. I don't know if this is a push to start buying DJI's new crystal interface and upgrade to it, but it is a simple change that could be implemented and I WOULD LOVE to see DJI show they care and make customers happy once again.. Even Microsoft tries to make their systems semi compatible with older systems.. I don't have another 600 dollars to spend on something that will work when I have something that SHOULD work in hand..

I, too, have "Fixed" this issue on my unsupported Samsung Tablet(s), by setting custom, locking in a single channel (19 or 20), and limiting the rate to 6, after reading about this.

Having flown over 60 times, and noting but also ignoring the regular quiltwork-patchy, sporadic, greenish glitches throughout, I'd chalked it up to being a regular deficiency of the video transmission to the RC (specifically, exhibited each and every time the AC selected and changed to a different channel). My on-the-AC memory card recorded videos and photographs were clean. But once I read about it, and observed first hand that the issue was exacerbated with DJI Go 4, I made the adjustment, and the garish glitches were history.

All that to say that I too would vote for and support a software/firmware change that would allow for Auto channel selection, but with a user-selectable fixed transmission rate setting. However (and we could test this), if the issue is more about the channel switching, less about the transmission rate, then all is for naught.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2016-12-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

I am also puzzled too, why they do not implement such a simple fix to correct one of th emost common issues with the P4 (Video Transmission)??

We should not have to use Custom Channel and 4 mbbs rate; the P4 is capable of being programmed to do this so easily; all they have to do is switch the channel to a higher channel when the signal drops or interference is high and the P4 is within some distance range, let's say like less than 1 mile; if the distance is higher then one mile, then they can decrement the channels until a better channel is located.  The P4 can do this multiple times within a few seconds.

The idea to switch to higher or lower channel can be refined, my basis is that if you are close then higher channels are better, but if you are far, the lower channels give us better range.  But that is just the starting point,  The P4 can flip through all channels in less than a minute.  

BTW: When I look at the litchi logs, the P4 very seldom switched channels, so it would lose signal and it won't switch channels.  That is a defect in my book.
I usually fly in CH 19 and 4 mbps for 90% of my missions.
2016-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules