Help! , Updated firmware, Cannot Auto Cal Gimbal, Mavic Drifting .
3624 20 2016-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88619 ft
Singapore

Hi,

Still waiting on DJI Mindy on the DJI Go 4 App crashes I've gotten.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=74200&page=1#pid596741

Went to update the firmware on the drone. ALl done fine, tried to auto calibrate the gimbal,
But it keeps hanging at 73% ...well not hanging, but the camera rotates to the right a bit , adjusts randomly for about a min or two in that area, then it says auto calibrate failed.
No obstructions, (Face on the floor watching )

Not sure what was happening, tried 3 times. all failed.
Took it up in the air, noticed a bit of drift, nothing major, but definitely drifting. 13 GPS sat lock. Took it higher, pointed camera down and the drift is more apparent.
Do I need to do an IMU calibration ? I havent done one since I got the drone, but the compass/IMU have always been in the green, even now.

Also, I still have the camera gimbal jerking a bit when i strafe hard right now. Previously it was coming out of a hard left strafe. (non sports mode)

This is why i wanted to auto calibrate.

Any advice, Im hoping an IMU would solve these issues, but I dont know why an IMU calibration would solve the gimbal not being to auto calibrate, ( Worked fine before the update btw)
HEres a video with the auto calibrate issue

Cheers
Jon

2016-12-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know the firmware version before you upgraded it to the latest?
Please try to reset it to factory default then upgrade again, then check whether it will finish the auto-calibration.
You could try to calibrate IMU in a very level surface, and calibrate compass before flight, then check whether it still drifts.
Just to clarify, the environment is suitable for flying, right?
2016-12-10
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 21:36
Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know the firmware version before you upgraded it to the latest?
Please try to reset it to factory default then upgrade again, then check whether it will finish the auto-calibration.
You could try to calibrate IMU in a very level surface, and calibrate compass before flight, then check whether it still drifts.

Hi Natalia,

Yes, the area is my backyard, so no issues before the update. The firmware version would be the one just before this current one. I always try to keep it up to date. I've auto calibrated the gimbal many times successfully previously. And on different firmware, the only thing different now is the latest firmware, as well as the DJI go 4 app.
As I mentioned there is a Wierd gimbal shake now when I strafe left or right, so I want to see if the auto calibration fixes it.

You don't think the DJI go 4 app is causing it do you?

I will try the firmware downgrade and upgrade to see if it helps.

If that fixes it I will try the IMU calibration as well

2016-12-10
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-10 10:55
Hi Natalia,

Yes, the area is my backyard, so no issues before the update. The firmware version would be the one just before this current one. I always try to keep it up to date. I've auto calibrated the gimbal many times successfully previously. And on different firmware, the only thing different now is the latest firmware, as well as the DJI go 4 app.

I have the same issue with the Gimbal hanging at 73% and it does the same twitching as shown in your video.
I have done a factory restore/reset and reloaded the current software too no avail. I too had no problem calibrating the gimbal with the previous software and the older DJI Go app. I did try calibrating with the old app and it too hanged up at 73% I am thinking of refreshing to the previous revision software and attempting a gimbal recalibration. Not too sure what else to try...
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-11 01:55
Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the details.
Just want to confirm, what's the model and mobile system of your mobile device?
DJI GO 4 will not cause the problem like this and many customers can calibrate it successfully with DJI GO 4.
While you can also have a try with previous APP.
2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Visual Air Posted at 2016-12-11 10:18
I have the same issue with the Gimbal hanging at 73% and it does the same twitching as shown in your video.
I have done a factory restore/reset and reloaded the current software too no avail. I too had no problem calibrating the gimbal with the previous software and the older DJI Go app. I did try calibrating with the old app and it too hanged up at 73% I am thinking of refreshing to the previous revision software and attempting a gimbal recalibration. Not too sure what else to try...

May i know what mobile device you are using and how about the mobile system?
Have you tried another mobile device?
Thanks so much for all the information, we'd love to do further evaluation to figure our the problem.
2016-12-10
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 13:51
Thanks for the details.
Just want to confirm, what's the model and mobile system of your mobile device?
DJI GO 4 will not cause the problem like this and many customers can calibrate it successfully with DJI GO 4.

Hi Natalia,

I was using a Google Pixel XL. Android Nougat 7.1.1
2016-12-11
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-10 22:54
May i know what mobile device you are using and how about the mobile system?
Have you tried another mobile device?
Thanks so much for all the information, we'd love to do further evaluation to figure our the problem.

Hi Natalia i am using an iPad mini 4 IOS 10.11and DJI GO4
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Visual Air Posted at 2016-12-12 00:02
Hi Natalia i am using an iPad mini 4 IOS 10.11and DJI GO4

May I know have you tried another mobile device to check whether it will be calibrated successfully?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-11 23:07
Hi Natalia,

I was using a Google Pixel XL. Android Nougat 7.1.1

Would you please try another mobile device to calibrate it again and check whether that makes sense?
2016-12-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Hi DJI Natalia.
Yesterday i was able to complete a successful gimbal calibration after numerous attempts. I have not tried again and i have not used a different device however i can try again with an I phone 6 but i have never had any operational issues using my I pad Mini 4.
Majority of the time the calibration would hang at 73% on two occasions it did achieve 77% and then failed and as mentioned yesterday it made it to 100% and it was a success.
2016-12-12
Use props
Jasonby
lvl.1

Australia

Same issue at it failing at 73%. Samsung S7 edge DJI Go 4 and latest firmware.
2016-12-13
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 16:18
Would you please try another mobile device to calibrate it again and check whether that makes sense?

HI Natalia.
Finally had a chance to try a few things.

1. Tried again using Pixel XL , DJI go 4, V1.3 Firmware
  73% Fail
2. Tried using Nexus 6P , DJI go 4, v1.3 firmware
73% Fail
3. Tried using Iphone 5 , DJi Go v3.1.1, v1.3 Firmware,
73 % Calibration fail

Downgraded to v.1.29
Retried Pixel XL , DJI go 4, v.1.29 Firmware
Calibration done.

I think the new firmware is causing some bugs. Can you please look into this!

THanks
Jonathan
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Visual Air Posted at 2016-12-13 11:23
Hi DJI Natalia.
Yesterday i was able to complete a successful gimbal calibration after numerous attempts. I have not tried again and i have not used a different device however i can try again with an I phone 6 but i have never had any operational issues using my I pad Mini 4.
Majority of the time the calibration would hang at 73% on two occasions it did achieve 77% and then failed and as mentioned yesterday it made it to 100% and it was a success.

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out finally, thanks for the update.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-16 17:38
HI Natalia.
Finally had a chance to try a few things.

Thank you so much for the update and details, we've reported the case to our engineers.
Glad to hear you made it finally!
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Jasonby Posted at 2016-12-14 03:53
Same issue at it failing at 73%. Samsung S7 edge DJI Go 4 and latest firmware.

Sorry to hear about that.
May I know have you tried to reset it to factory default or downgrade it then check again?
2016-12-16
Use props
Crisisremix
lvl.2

United States

OMG i finally found someone that has the same problem as me! i sent my drone in to get  analyzed I'm hoping it gets fixed because i love my mavic.
2016-12-16
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-16 19:08
Sorry to hear about that.
May I know have you tried to reset it to factory default or downgrade it then check again?

Hi Natalia,

Sorry I forgot to mention. Once I go back to the latest firmware, the calibration fails again.

I conclude it's a firmware issue. Could the engineers possibly give us an update on this?

Thank you
2016-12-16
Use props
Whoreable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Seems like the 1.3 patch has alot of bugs, from Camera Focus issues to Gimbal Jello and Toilet bowl flying.
2016-12-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

VoDoXuS Posted at 2016-12-17 13:46
Hi Natalia,

Sorry I forgot to mention. Once I go back to the latest firmware, the calibration fails again.

The case has been reported to our engineers.
Since you can calibrate it with the older firmware, please downgrade it, really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2016-12-17
Use props
VoDoXuS
lvl.2
Singapore

Hi All,
Finally updated the latest firmware released a couple weeks back.
Just want to confirm that yes. The auto calibrate on the gimbal now works.
For anyone who was wondering.

Google Pixel still crashes tho
2017-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules