F450 e300 naza lite build
2920 10 2014-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

Hi

Just received my f450 with naza lite and having some doubs with the assembly. Looked into youtube for some help but all the videos i found there is a piece that my kit doesnt include (the versatile unit). It has this piece that you can see in the picture instead... Am i missing some part or does this one go on the same spot that the versatile unit?
WP_20141004_001.jpg
2014-10-4
Use props
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

One more thing, the ESC are OPTO, does it mean i have to use a 5v battery to power the receiver??
2014-10-4
Use props
connorvolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175738 ft
United States

It looks like you have the new version of the Naza Lite System. The piece you have pictured is the Power Management Unit which gets soldered onto the main power lead terminals on the  board. So this piece does take place of the versatile unit. You do not have to use a 5v battery for the receiver just hook the wires up normally.
2014-10-4
Use props
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

connorvolk@gmai Posted at 2014-10-5 05:55
It looks like you have the new version of the Naza Lite System. The piece you have pictured is the P ...

Thank you for your help. Can you tell me if there is a recommended place to put this part and also the led unit?
2014-10-5
Use props
connorvolk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175738 ft
United States

The placement of the Power Management Unit is up to you, but I would lay everything out to get a good idea how very thing will fit. For the LED I would place that on one of the arms, or if you have a landing gear put it on that.
2014-10-5
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

thats the latest version of the VU and it does not matter where you place this on the frame .
just connect it as shown in the user manual which you can download from the DJI website

The older VU unit had a LED built in, however with the new version the LED and VU are separate units.
the RED goes to batt POS and BLACE to batt NEG
The other cable goes to X3 on the naza as marked / indicated
2014-10-5
Use props
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-6 05:36
thats the latest version of the VU and it does not matter where you place this on the frame .
just c ...

Thanks. Can you send me a link for that user manual? i only seem to find the older version with the versatile unit
2014-10-6
Use props
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

One more thing, my radio is a futab 6ex. Is it enough for flying in manual mode?
2014-10-7
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

oacilamaf Posted at 2014-10-6 16:25
Thanks. Can you send me a link for that user manual? i only seem to find the older version with th ...

same connections as old VU
Battery to red / black and the multicoloured cable to X3 on the naza.

2014-10-7
Use props
oacilamaf
New

Portugal

thanks for your help
2014-10-9
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

youre welcome hope it helps