Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Error messages on my controller "stick emi2 - manual rth"
5934 19 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5e4dda76
New

United States

So i just recieved my Mavic Pro last week and ive taken it out a few times now. And each time and each different location i get this same message on my controller. " stick emi2  manual rth" Yes everything is on the latest update and firmware.
Ive searched online and seen other people had the same problem. Others have recalibrated the IMU (as adviced by DJI) and it went away. Ive also tried this and still nothing.
Also re calibrated my sticks...I feel like ive done everything but it wont seem to go away. It doesnt seem to effect how it flies and handles but its just bloody annoying as i know it shouldnt be there.
Any ideas?

You can see the annimated GIF of my controller here on my twitter: https://twitter.com/DanTVusa/status/807409262666326016

2016-12-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about that, would you please check the "About" page for the firmware version and post a screenshot here.
2016-12-11
Use props
AussiePage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146841 ft
Australia

I had the same thing after update. First attempt at recalibrating sticks by slowly moving each stick around square did not fix it. Then I tried filling in the square with random stick movements on a second calibration attempt moving both stick ast same time. This fixed it BUT on second attempt I made sure controller was away from any metal. This is important and probably the reason previous calibration attempt did not clear this error message. Also when flying with previous firmware I had an unsolicited rudder input that was clearly incorrect so I suspect poor stick calibration was to blame. Latest firmware at least warns that it has detected anomalies with stick sensors..
2016-12-11
Use props
DanTV
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 06:05
Sorry to hear about that, would you please check the "About" page for the firmware version and post a screenshot here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xegldjnypcztu0d/IMG_6169.PNG?dl=0Still frame
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

DanTV Posted at 2016-12-12 01:44
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xegldjnypcztu0d/IMG_6169.PNG?dl=0Still frame

Thanks, I've confirmed the information, there will be a warning when detecting the magnetic interference after you upgraded the firmware. It is not an error message, please do not worry about it.
As you can see in the release note:
r.png
2016-12-11
Use props
Aliman
New

Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-12 07:58
Thanks, I've confirmed the information, there will be a warning when detecting the magnetic interference after you upgraded the firmware. It is not an error message, please do not worry about it.

I can confirm same error message and more strange things: inside my home no error messages only outside and having a freeze image on my Asus 7" tablet. Had to return to phone view due to strong interference affecting video picture freezing and pixelating. No chance to solve it even switching tablet to plane mode. Thanks for your cooperation
2016-12-12
Use props
fansa7077f18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368579 ft
United States

Happened to me today. Told me I had manual RTH and buzzed the entire flight
2016-12-13
Use props
Dronetor
New
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 22:58

I got the same messages. Isn't nice to fly with that "red" warning in the app.
Some idea to solve it?
2017-1-6
Use props
Dronetor
New
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-11 22:58

Some idea to solve it?
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dronetor Posted at 2017-1-6 11:56
Some idea to solve it?

You will get the warning when it detects interference around, it would be best to fly it in another open place and check the performance again.
2017-1-10
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-10 02:22
You will get the warning when it detects interference around, it would be best to fly it in another open place and check the performance again.

After installing the latest firmware update I get this warning message on the controller whenever I move the right stick to the maximum right endpoint.  It has happened in multiple locations and on multiple days.

2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2017-1-15 01:30
After installing the latest firmware update I get this warning message on the controller whenever I move the right stick to the maximum right endpoint.  It has happened in multiple locations and on multiple days.

If you've changed different open locations without the interference, then please sync your flight records through APP, and send e-mail to support.us@dji.com with your APP account (e-mail address) and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze the flight records and let you know the analysis result.
2017-1-15
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-15 22:15
If you've changed different open locations without the interference, then please sync your flight records through APP, and send e-mail to  with your APP account (e-mail address) and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze the flight records and let you know the analysis result.

Hello,  I recalibrated the compass and haven't had the problem since.  I'll do as you say if it happens to me again.
2017-1-23
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you've changed different open locations without the interference, then please sync your flight records through APP, and send e-mail to  with your APP account (e-mail address) and the exact time it happened, our engineers will help you analyze the flight records and let you know the analysis result.

Hello,  I recalibrated the compass and haven't had the problem since.  I'll do as you say if it happens to me again.

Thx,

Larry
2017-1-23
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thx,

Larry
2017-1-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LarryTru Posted at 2017-1-23 10:55

Thx,

That's a good new, Larry, thanks for your update and please keep us posted.
2017-1-24
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, it happened to me again yesterday.  It would give the error whenever the right stick was in the farthest right position.  Reading the warning as it shows up in the app, it sounds like the error is detected in the controller.   it says the electromagnetic interferences is detected "at the sticks".

2017-1-29
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LarryTru Posted at 2017-1-29 19:23
Unfortunately, it happened to me again yesterday.  It would give the error whenever the right stick was in the farthest right position.  Reading the warning as it shows up in the app, it sounds like the error is detected in the controller.   it says the electromagnetic interferences is detected "at the sticks".

I re-calibrated the sticks and I haven't had it happen again, but it's only been a couple of flights so far.  Maybe that fixed it.  I'll report if it happens to me again.

Larry
2017-2-5
Use props
fans5982324a
lvl.1

Canada

LarryTru Posted at 2017-2-5 22:40
I re-calibrated the sticks and I haven't had it happen again, but it's only been a couple of flights so far.  Maybe that fixed it.  I'll report if it happens to me again.

Larry

Had this happened again Larry ? I just starting getting this message on mine.
2017-3-4
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans5982324a Posted at 2017-3-4 15:53
Had this happened again Larry ? I just starting getting this message on mine.

No, it hasn't happened to me again.  Try re-calibrating and see if that fixes it for you.
2017-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules