Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GPS Exif Info Metadata JPEG
15166 11 2016-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149042 ft
Czechia

Does anyone know if DJI Mavic provides GPS into Exif Metadata in JPEG ?
Many thx for any advice

2016-12-10
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Yes, jpg photos taken with the Mavic will contain full EXIF info (shutter speed, aperatures, ISO, and even GPS info)
2016-12-10
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Czechia

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2016-12-11 00:12
Yes, jpg photos taken with the Mavic will contain full EXIF info (shutter speed, aperatures, ISO, and even GPS info)

Hi Wolfgang,

are there some settings in Mavic for that ? What do you think?
Because yesterday (outside) i took photos and none of those had GPS EXIF infos :-(
as you can see on picture from "http://www.verexif.com/en/" in left lower corner.
Many thanks in advance
Pavel

http://www.verexif.com/en/

http://www.verexif.com/en/
2016-12-11
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Pallica Posted at 2016-12-11 02:47
Hi Wolfgang,

are there some settings in Mavic for that ? What do you think?

I don't see any settings that would prevent exif information from appearing.  All my jpgs taken with the Mavic have this information.  I know from experience that some programs don't recognize it when they should. Try Ifranview (it's a free image viewer). It's what I use to view and browse my photos and it shows the exif info. Just hit the e key when you are viewing a photo.
2016-12-11
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi Wolfgang,
i'm using Ifranview all the time (it's my favorite also ), but i'm affraid that app show only fullfilled EXIF information, anyhow you can get EXIF info from photos also
in Windows right-click on image file, select Properties, and click the Details tab. Look for the Latitude and Longitude coordinates under GPS.
all GPS Exif tags - http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/TagNames/GPS.html and my photos from MAVIC doesn't have it ..
Are you sure, that your pictures from Mavic have that GPS tags, or can you attach one your photo ?
nice day
2016-12-12
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
United States

Pallica Posted at 2016-12-12 01:04
Hi Wolfgang,
i'm using Ifranview all the time (it's my favorite also  ), but i'm affraid that app show only fullfilled EXIF information, anyhow you can get EXIF info from photos also
in Windows right-click on image file, select Properties, and click the Details tab. Look for the Latitude and Longitude coordinates under GPS.

That's really odd that your photos don't have it. All of mine do. As a matter of fact, if you look at the make info in the Exif, you will see it's DJI.  I'll attach a down-sized photo from my Mavic (this is one I sent to DJI to show a problem with my Mavic camera so it's not exactly great photography).  

sample photo from Mavic

sample photo from Mavic
2016-12-13
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Czechia

Hi Wolfgang,

yeah it's really strange that my photos don't have GPS Exif tags and i believe that i have last firmware..... anyhow, many thanks for your info and picture in this topic...
i'll hope some future firmware update bring that feature also for me...
nice day
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Pallica, you can check GPS longitude and latitude in the property of the image.
2016-12-16
Use props
Pallica
lvl.1
Czechia

Helo DJI Mindy,

first i have to say, that I'm VERY HAPPY with my DJI MAVIC PRO )))
I checked my pictures many times, (here is one in attachment) and there was no GPS longitude and latitude info in EXIF
Many thanks for advice in advance
DJI_0078.jpg
2016-12-17
Use props
ev3
New

United States

I have finally figured out the problem and boy is it strange:

GPS data will only transfer over wirelessly if you tap the "download original" within the app - doing so will automatically place the full image with GPS data into your camera roll (you will know if GPS data is there because the heading of the image in your camera roll will list a city). IMPORTANT: If after downloading the original you try to download it a second time, GPS data will not trasfer over. Very strange. The only way to fix this problem is to clear the cache within the app (under "Me," "Settings," "Clear Cache," and download the original a second time. I have not tried downloading the images from the SD card directly to a computer because I don't have a USB-c adapter yet (new MacPro)...

iPhone 6S+/7+ with Mavic Pro with current firmware...

hope this helps...
2017-3-19
Use props
jayratch
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, this does seem to be a pretty old thread.  But I've noticed that the DJI images that I import through my iPhone on the DJI Fly app have full exif data, while the ones that I import directly to my computer from the card reader to not.  At least on my drones, which are the Mini 3 Pro and the Mavic 3 Pro, it appears that a lot of this metadata is recorded in a separate file which the DJI mobile app mergest to the output file, but I don't know how to merge that data on the Mac, apart from manually very very slowly.  Any tips on this?
2023-9-30
Use props
asdasdasd123522
New

India

Firstly, make sure that your Mavic has the latest firmware installed then try using a different image viewer, such as Ifranview. Some programs may not recognize EXIF information correctly, and Ifranview is known to display this information accurately.
Open your photos with Ifranview and press the 'e' key to view EXIF data. Alternatively, in Windows, right-click on the image file, select "Properties," and navigate to the "Details" tab. Look for Latitude and Longitude coordinates under the GPS section. This method provides another way to check for GPS information in your photos.

If the issue persists, you can use jpeg compressor to remove metadata and compress your images. This online tool allows you to optimize your JPEGs, potentially resolving any discrepancies in the EXIF data.
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules