Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Main Contoler Error Data Recorder Error...HALP!
5524 18 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zero5ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2595 ft
Hong Kong

Well. Sh*t.

I'm on vacation in HK right now...would love to use this thing that I never really use. I have a Main Controller Data error, "Data Recorder Error" "Data Logger Error. Contact DJI Support if this continues after restart."

Has anyone had this happen? Mavic is/was in great shape. Only has maybe 40min of total flying time. Never chrashed.

I've tried clearing everything off the card, resetting everything...no luck. Does DJI cover stuff like this? I was one of the first few people who got the drone and it worked fine when I got it...worked fine up till today when I tried to fly it.

Any suggestions on things I can do before having to send it back to China for a month or however long it takes for repairs?

unnamed.png
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did this happen after an update or right out of the box?
It's probably a hardware issue.
What's your current firmware version?
2016-12-11
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-11 22:19
Did this happen after an update or right out of the box?
It's probably a hardware issue.
What's your current firmware version?

Hi Mindy,

My Mavic seemed fine out the box...The firmware was updated yesterday (v01.03.0000). I did fly it for a minute after the update was complete to make sure it worked okay. It worked okay and so I packed it up and put it into my backpack. The next time I turned it on I got that error.

Are there any tests I can do to learn more about the error and problem? I'd hate to think the hardware can't take a days travel around HK in the original packaging in my backpack.

Thanks!
2016-12-11
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
Hong Kong

....should the same fireware be displayed twice? is that normal?
Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 8.32.05 AM.png
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RU-X Posted at 2016-12-12 08:32

Please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the aircraft firmware again.
2016-12-11
Use props
Bullseye
lvl.3
Flight distance : 154423 ft
United States

RU-X Posted at 2016-12-11 16:32

1 have exactly the same screenshot, two of the same version.
The one dated 12/9 showed up on the 8th.
2016-12-11
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

On the P3's, this was the main onboard 'super/hot glued' 4GIG sd card going corrupt. DJI Go used to have the option to format the 4GIG sd card. This onboard sd card recorded the MC DATA which is the encrypted flight logs etc.

Mindy, does the Mavic have an onboard removable SD card??
2016-12-11
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-12 10:36
Please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the aircraft firmware again.

Is there a quick way to restore factory defaults? I've tried to refresh the firmware on DJI Assistant 2 on my Macbook Pro...but it keeps failing during the process. Sometimes it'll make it up to maybe half...other time it will get to 0% and fail.

Is there a way to do it in the DJI Go App?
2016-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RU-X Posted at 2016-12-13 06:14
Is there a quick way to restore factory defaults? I've tried to refresh the firmware on DJI Assistant 2 on my Macbook Pro...but it keeps failing during the process. Sometimes it'll make it up to maybe half...other time it will get to 0% and fail.

Is there a way to do it in the DJI Go App?

You can restore factory defaults in DJI Assistant as well.
If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.
Case illustration:
Full name:
Email address:
Phone number:
Shipping Address:
Zip Code:
Forum link for your case:
2016-12-12
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-13 12:07
You can restore factory defaults in DJI Assistant as well.
If still no improvement, I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
Please send an e-mail to  with the following info, the subject should be " Forum support" . We'll help you create a case.

Thanks Mindy!

I've emailed the US DJI support branch. Lillian is helping me out and I've requested a shipping label to where I can send my Mavic to the California repair facility where I can have it fixed under my service warranty.

Thanks again for all your help!
2016-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RU-X Posted at 2016-12-14 09:47
Thanks Mindy!

I've emailed the US DJI support branch. Lillian is helping me out and I've requested a shipping label to where I can send my Mavic to the California repair facility where I can have it fixed under my service warranty.

You are welcome.
Hopefully you'll be back in the air very soon.
2016-12-14
Use props
Danny-B-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-12 02:46
On the P3's, this was the main onboard 'super/hot glued' 4GIG sd card going corrupt. DJI Go used to have the option to format the 4GIG sd card. This onboard sd card recorded the MC DATA which is the encrypted flight logs etc.

Mindy, does the Mavic have an onboard removable SD card??

There is an sd glued into the board on the mavic for logging etc .... ill bet your right in saying that its corrupted...

No easy way for the user to fix unfortunately
2016-12-14
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-15 14:25
There is an sd glued into the board on the mavic for logging etc .... ill bet your right in saying that its corrupted...

No easy way for the user to fix unfortunately

Yup, you are correct. If mavic is out of warranty, you can always pop this card out and replace.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-76165-1-1.html

2016-12-14
Use props
RU-X
lvl.1
Hong Kong

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2016-12-15 12:12
Yup, you are correct. If mavic is out of warranty, you can always pop this card out and replace.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-76165-1-1.html

thanks! if things go south on repairs from DJI I'll consider this option. I hope the thing gets fixed under warranty. No wammies!2
2016-12-17
Use props
MoradiStudios
New
Flight distance : 34682 ft
Canada

Switch to an Iphone 5+s as recommended on the box

i had same issue + others. does not say anything about android/ tablets etc./

trust me.
2017-6-27
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228776 ft

I recently had this same problem drone would not function i got imu calibration error data recording error and main data controller error i then noticed from your input that the memory card was removed when i got it confiscated for drifting onto the airport while in vegas. i had too take drone completely apart to replace memory sd card and hot glue it back.once i did this WORKS perfect all errors are gone..
thanks guys
2018-8-21
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 228776 ft

your sd card either came loose or is corrupted its an easy fix just gotta take your drone apart find out where on your drone the internal sd card is and replace.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-21 12:00
I recently had this same problem drone would not function i got imu calibration error data recording error and main data controller error i then noticed from your input that the memory card was removed when i got it confiscated for drifting onto the airport while in vegas. i had too take drone completely apart to replace memory sd card and hot glue it back.once i did this WORKS perfect all errors are gone..
thanks guys

Hi, sorry on what happens to your drone, however, glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-22
Use props
fanse2a5e55e
New

United States

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-21 12:02
your sd card either came loose or is corrupted its an easy fix just gotta take your drone apart find out where on your drone the internal sd card is and replace.

What format did u set the sd card to? Having the same issues if u can help thanks ..
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules