2636 6 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hadn't used my Osmo in a couple of months, so broke it out and fired it up, only to experience intermittent connectivity on both my Galaxy Note 5 and Nvidia Shield.  The only change since the last time I used my Osmo (original Osmo with X3 Camera), was that, as the new owner of a Phantom 4 Pro, I have the new DJI Go 4 app installed on both.  Besides intermittent connectivity I had been receiving the "Osmo connected to another mobile device," error message.  I uninstalled DJI Go 4 from both devices and Osmo is back to functioning perfectly, as before.

I have seen nothing official from DJI regarding a conflict between the two apps, but apparently there is, by my experience.  Now, the issue is, if DJI doesn't resolve this I have to dedicate only one device to the Osmo, as the DJI Go app is required for flying the P4P...
2016-12-11
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, there has been issues with both DJI go apps installed on the same device, if the apps are both installed on one device be sure to close out the one app you are not using at the time, if this don't work yes you will have to use two devices with the separate apps, or just delete one app altogether.
2016-12-11
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If your phone is rooted, you can use an app called Ice Box, it insulates apps from each other by putting them in sandbox.
2016-12-11
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, but my Android is not rooted.  I did receive an email from DJI support explaining how to refresh the WiFi connection with the Osmo, but the best result has been to only use the Go 3 app. Since I have a Mavic arriving soon that I plan on using my Note 5 with, I'm going to start experimenting with stopping processes on the DJI Go 4 app right before I connect the Osmo to the DJI Go 3 app.  Might help.
2016-12-25
Use props
V3rlon
New

United States

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2016-12-25 18:07
Thanks, but my Android is not rooted.  I did receive an email from DJI support explaining how to refresh the WiFi connection with the Osmo, but the best result has been to only use the Go 3 app. Since I have a Mavic arriving soon that I plan on using my Note 5 with, I'm going to start experimenting with stopping processes on the DJI Go 4 app right before I connect the Osmo to the DJI Go 3 app.  Might help.

You might also try a thirst party app.  On IOS, filmic pro will work with Osmo and offers much better camera controls than either dji or the native camera app.

I do not use Android, but can hardly imagine there isn't something similar available.
2017-3-20
Use props
tkseward
New

United States

This is still a major issue over 6 months later DJI has done nothing to resolve this.. I Just called Tech Support and they told me to use two unique devices for each DJI product.. I have the DJI OSMO and the DJI Mavic..  I just installed the DJI GO 4 app for the Mavic and the Mavic works fine, but the OSMO needs to use the original DJI GO app which keeps getting interrupted like the original poster stated.. This is complete bull$#!7 that i need to have separate phones for these products to work..
2017-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

tkseward Posted at 2017-7-5 14:04
This is still a major issue over 6 months later DJI has done nothing to resolve this.. I Just called Tech Support and they told me to use two unique devices for each DJI product.. I have the DJI OSMO and the DJI Mavic..  I just installed the DJI GO 4 app for the Mavic and the Mavic works fine, but the OSMO needs to use the original DJI GO app which keeps getting interrupted like the original poster stated.. This is complete bull$#!7 that i need to have separate phones for these products to work..

Please do not spam, I have responded on another two threads, please check.
2017-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules