M600/ M600 Pro Firmware difference! WHY??
2177 17 2016-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

Why isn't the M600 using the same firmware as the M600 Pro? Aren't the basically the same? When it comes to software...
2016-12-11
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you include the stand alone A3 there are three versions of firmware and 3 different versions of Assistant 2? Confusing?
2016-12-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Confusing enough!
I mean, the M600 Pro is basically the same as the M600 once you add the pro modules.
So I don't see a need for a different firmware.
Only if they have improved the A3s hardware!
2016-12-12
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That would be another blow to M600 users if thats the case?
2016-12-12
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

I don't think they improved it but for me that's the only explanation why they have a different firmware.

And it's impossible to get a response from DJI on these matters
2016-12-12
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Free bump for the cause. Still wanting the LB2 update as well
2016-12-13
Use props
VPS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8156 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

shawn_ Posted at 2016-12-14 00:07
Free bump for the cause. Still wanting the LB2 update as well

As an M600 Pro owner, I can tell you its a different drone. From the top casing, the dimensions etc are different.

What I need to know is: how do I get Litchi to function correctly with the Pro? Do I need to activate the SDK API control in DJI Assistant?
2016-12-13
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

VPS Posted at 2016-12-14 08:26
As an M600 Pro owner, I can tell you its a different drone. From the top casing, the dimensions etc are different.

What I need to know is: how do I get Litchi to function correctly with the Pro? Do I need to activate the SDK API control in DJI Assistant?

Thats not what DJI told the rest of us, the things needed for upgrading the non-Pro to a Pro version is:

2x Upgrade kits (GPS and IMU units)
2x New arm for the LB2 antenneas (This just need to be drilled a hole, so this can be done for free.)
1x New landing gears
1x New topplate
6x New Props

The only thing missing is from the list is some sort of dampening kit, that we are still waiting to hear if possible to get.
2016-12-14
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Jesper J Posted at 2016-12-14 14:05
Thats not what DJI told the rest of us, the things needed for upgrading the non-Pro to a Pro version is:

2x Upgrade kits (GPS and IMU units)

But it won't fit in the case, and the footprint of the M600 won't really be smaller, because the arms fold better/steeper on the PRO.
2016-12-14
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

P.R Posted at 2016-12-14 21:42
But it won't fit in the case, and the footprint of the M600 won't really be smaller, because the arms fold better/steeper on the PRO.

Where do you get your information from? The dimensions are the same, also stated by DJI, why do you claim otherwise?

When you purchase the upgrade parts, everything will fold and fit just like an original pro.

Your craft i just as good and bad as ours who did the pro upgrade ourselfs, its not the brush but the painter, remmember that.

Btw, the more stuff you can take off the craft like the gear, the more wear you get on these parts, also, some of us dont take off the gimal, meaning that the case is useless, we always get cases custom made so we also have room for more batterys, ipads and 2 remotes.
2016-12-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

P.R Posted at 2016-12-13 00:22
I don't think they improved it but for me that's the only explanation why they have a different firmware.

And it's impossible to get a response from DJI on these matters

From what I was able to gather, the A3 placement itself is different enough that it does not use the presets that the M600 uses, so the firmware will be differentiated in order to accomodate that.
2016-12-14
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Jesper J Posted at 2016-12-14 23:40
Where do you get your information from? The dimensions are the same, also stated by DJI, why do you claim otherwise?

When you purchase the upgrade parts, everything will fold and fit just like an original pro.

I get that Information from the DJI M600 Pro FAQ Page! I'm only talking about the Size when folded.
To achieve the same Size (when folded) you need to change the folding mechanism not only the legs, so I hope DJI will offer them. Or do you claim that they fold exactly the same? Because when looking at them you can see that the arms on the M600 Pro fold down straight, those on the M600 don't.
I'm just pointing out a difference here and not complaining!

So if you say: its not the brush but the painter. I understand that you blame the customer?
In my country its not allowed to fly a Drone commercially when a fault is known, it has to be fixed before you can take off again. So when I have a Problem that I can't fix I have to ship it to DJI so they can fix it before I can use it again Legally.  See a Problem there?

Next week my M600 is going to DJI for 2 different Problems, I'm still surprised that I got 2 very rare issues with the M600.
2016-12-16
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-12-15 00:28
From what I was able to gather, the A3 placement itself is different enough that it does not use the presets that the M600 uses, so the firmware will be differentiated in order to accomodate that.

Thank you DJI Jamie for the Info.
2016-12-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

P.R Posted at 2016-12-17 02:21
Thank you DJI Jamie for the Info.

You're welcome.
2016-12-16
Use props
Jesper J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

To answer you questions P.R.

"I get that Information from the DJI M600 Pro FAQ Page! I'm only talking about the Size when folded.
To achieve the same Size (when folded) you need to change the folding mechanism not only the legs, so I hope DJI will offer them. Or do you claim that they fold exactly the same? Because when looking at them you can see that the arms on the M600 Pro fold down straight, those on the M600 don't.
I'm just pointing out a difference here and not complaining!"

The entire discussion is about the firmware, and you pointed out that there was differens in dimensions, which is incorrect, the folding part can be done with changing the arms, as you also need to when getting the LB2 antennas on the arms without drilling them yourself, I have made the same modification to our S900 so the fold more down, but this does also have a smaller gimbal, in the M600 case, they would hit our gimbal, so this modifications is of no interest for us, as we dont see the case as being in the right quality and functionality with all of our accessorys.

The reason for the difference in the firmware is the placement of the IMU, when i do a firmware upgrade of my M600 with Pro add on, the IMU's are placed on the sides by default in the software, but with the M600 Pro they are on the back of the craft, therefor it makes sense to make a specific firmware version for this craft, so people dont need to retype the locations of the IMU's each time they upgrade.

"So if you say: its not the brush but the painter. I understand that you blame the customer?
In my country its not allowed to fly a Drone commercially when a fault is known, it has to be fixed before you can take off again. So when I have a Problem that I can't fix I have to ship it to DJI so they can fix it before I can use it again Legally.  See a Problem there?"

Not sure what your talking about now, im talking about how we as pilot use our crafts, and that i can get the same footage with the M600 as i can with the M600 Pro, in terms of the product they cant deliver.

"Next week my M600 is going to DJI for 2 different Problems, I'm still surprised that I got 2 very rare issues with the M600."

My vendor is now working on a solution for me, so i can get alle the missing parts the make my M600 and fully grown Pro for a small fee.
2016-12-16
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Italy

Jesper J Posted at 2016-12-16 20:56
To answer you questions P.R.

"I get that Information from the DJI M600 Pro FAQ Page! I'm only talking about the Size when folded.

OK
2016-12-16
Use props
Kankles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

GULP>>>>>>
2016-12-23
Use props
dmyers
lvl.1
United States

VPS Posted at 2016-12-13 23:26

Hi,

Did you ever get the M600 Pro to work with Litchi?  If so what firmware were you using and did Litchi recognize when the RC controller was in F-Mode?

D
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules